Package Quantity: 4|Change

We bought these Duracell D cells for use in a trail camera. They work well and have a long life in the current UK climatic conditions although we find they can struggle in low winter temperatures - hence four stars. We are trying to switch to rechargeable cells which we have achieved for AA and AAA cells although available rechargeable D cells and accompanying chargers are quite expensive.

We still find Duracell the longest lasting ones in this size of cell and not significantly more expensive than other lesser brands although the Amazon price is not heavily discounted. Unless you are willing to invest in rechargeable cells of this size with a matching charger these are, in my opinion a best of breed. Recommended.
on 11 November 2009
Fantastic service. The batteries were delivered in less than 24 hours of the order being made. The 'use by date' was 2016 and the price was very competitive. They did come in 3 packs of two batteries, but that really does not matter.
on 9 July 2009
Bought this for my baby's bouncer and I havent changed it since then its over 3mths now.

Last longer. good value for money.
on 27 January 2010
Duracell plus - not much more to say, you're only wondering 'are these too cheap and going to expire in 3 months?'. This is exactly what I wondered.

Took a chance and ordered 6 packs of these yesterday and they arrived today, despite using the 3-5 day free delivery which is great service. All these have an expiry date of 2016 which is good!

Good batteries, good shelf life, good delivery, good price!
on 25 November 2009
What can I say ? They're just batteries lol

I use them for my Yamaha keyboard so they're fine. Long-lasting (I've had them in for a month and a half now, I play frequently and they're STILL going).
on 27 July 2011
I was looking to buy some Duracell batteries locally for a tape cassette radio I wanted to take away with me. The local suppliers pricers were extortionate, so I checked Amazon prices for Duracell Plus Alkaline D batteries and was delighted to
see a 6 pack at a very reasonable price offered on Amazon, so I ordered a pack.
The battery's arrived in good time and are still going well after continued use over a 3day period. Will be ordering again.
Brilliant value, 24 hour delivery, batteries work perfectly, bought them for a torch which takes 3 so i have enough power for at least 6 months.

Very handy as i live in the country with no streetlights and use a torch everyday.

Would buy again.
on 6 August 2013
The batteries are OK, though I did not use them. THey were the wrong type for my device. I suggested to Amazon that there is the need to check the recommendations for cat repellants because others can be misled as I was to order the wrong batteries and AC Adapter.
on 20 November 2010
What I can say at the present time, is that the batteries arrive here within a couple of days. They are in frequent use, and the final test will be how long they last. As time will tell, its mainly the prompt service which I can comment on at present.
on 26 August 2010
Other than echoing the comments made by the previous reviewers I have nothing else to say! However, I'll definitely be buying these batteries again as they're significantly cheaper than on the high street.