5.0 out of 5 stars Bahco 24 Piece Socket Set, 28 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Bahco S240 Socket Set 24 Piece 1/2 Square Drive (DIY & Tools)
I bought this set to replace various sockets and ratchet handles I have collected since 1974. I've been using this socket set for over a year now during that time I have changed the front suspension on 2 cars. Carried out a head gasket swap, back axle replacement and a myriad of smaller jobs. The set has not failed me. I use a medium to large torque wrench for larger nuts and the sockets perform beautifully under all circumstances. The rubberized grips are really comfortable to use and a great improvement on the old metal handled ratchets I used to have. The orange grip is relatively high viz (as long as you keep them clean) so misplacing them, even at my age is a rarity. The case is quite nice and fairly rugged although the securing fasteners did come adrift once, but they were easy to put back on again. All in all a good investment and has been put to very good use over the last 12 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oozes quality, 2 April 2013
Stuart Merchant (Manchester, Engand) - See all my reviews
After the socket on my 30yr old Kamasa set had become circular I thought I would try and replace with a socket set that wouldn't take the skin off my knuckles when the socket slips. It's bigger and heavier than I expected and its sheer quality looks like it will tackle anything. Don't be put off by Made in Taiwan tag -it made short work of removing a lawnmower blade that had defeated the Kamasa. The handle feels great in the hand and the sockets fit on the ratchet with a satisfying click. Push button release means it stays put too.
Plastic pill box a neat touch too- I presume it's for keeping your nuts safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars bahco socket set, 25 Nov. 2011
top quality socket set and will last a life time, i am very satisfied and would recommend this brand, you wont be dissapointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice set!, 2 Feb. 2014
was a bit worried about spending the money on this set, however I am glad I did this set is amazing as soon as you pick them up you can tell they are quality. I snapped my other cheap set trying to undo nuts and bolts on my truck so I purchased this bahco set and they did the job no problem well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality, 7 Sept. 2013
Ive been using this set daily for some time now, Its of great quality which is typical to Bahco tools.. Top quality tools for a reasonable price (mechanical engineer)

4.0 out of 5 stars quality, 9 Nov. 2013
wonderful quality. I'll never buy anything but Bahco when looking for spanners and sockets, and this doctrine has served me well over the years.

A very good socket set that has all the common sizes and fittings required. The ratchet has a good heft to it, a very robust gearing and a comfortable handle. I can see these tools lasting forever. The plastic box is also surprisingly good quality, and easily stands up to being thrown in a boot with a pile of other tools.

I've no idea what the little plastic tub shown in the top right of the picture is for. It seems like it's just these to take up space?

5.0 out of 5 stars Bahco S240 Socket Set 24 Piece 1/2 Square Drive, 1 Mar. 2013
These are perfect, strong versitile and makes our son smile, but I might have to buy him one of his own as he keeps on borrowing his Dads x He He Thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice socket set, 27 Dec. 2014
Really nice socket set. I didn't want to spend to much and I am pleased to say that this makes for a reasonable well made kit for the price. I would have been less than impressed had I spent the full Retail price but for £48 I would say that it is good value.

I have already used it for one or 2 fixes including standing on the end of the mini breaker bar to free a few nuts on my rusty old Jeep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Quality Set, 26 July 2012
This is quality piece of kit and as soon as it is received you can see exactly why this costs more than other lesser brand sets - great socket size selection and the inclusion of accessories like a universal knuckle joint are a huge advantage and would probably cost you £15-£20 on their own! I've bought a number of Bahco products and have never been disappointed - Highly recommended. I've since gone on to buy the 1/4 inch S25 set from the same supplier and that is equally top-notch!

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll be hard pushed to find a better quality socket set cheaper or for the same price, 3 Oct. 2014
Simply one of the best tool brands out there. I bought this set for just £43.50 from Amazon and what a bargain indeed. Having often worked with this tool brand over the years I am familiar with it's quality and was rather surprised how cheap the set was selling for. You'll be very hard pushed to find a better quality socket for the same price or cheaper.