4.0 out of 5 stars Scrabble Turntable Problems?
Just to say the turntable arrived toady and I can only say that it works perfectly. Perhaps it has been redesigned in view of the poor reviews about it not being big enough for the board. I am delighted to say mine is perfect and makes the game so much easier to play.
Published on 8 July 2008 by Mr. D. W. R. Garner

1.0 out of 5 stars Agrhh! Matel Please measure the board!
As other reviewers have stated - the board is too large for the turntable. I was sure that this was an oversight and that the company would correct it - but no.

The turntable and board are made in China, but for two seperate companies I note. Perhaps some communication about the dimensions of the board would be nice!

It seems my limited woodwork...
Published on 25 Oct. 2006 by Rebecca K. Godridge

1.0 out of 5 stars Agrhh! Matel Please measure the board!, 25 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Tinderbox Games Scrabble Turntable (Toy)

It seems my limited woodwork skills will have to come out of the closet to rectify this situation....... I could have probably made something better myself had I been bothered.....

1.0 out of 5 stars Item is TOO SMALL (356mm), 14 Oct. 2006
N. Elliott (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tinderbox Games Scrabble Turntable (Toy)
I saw the review from Jan about the turntable being too small, but as I was buying a new scrabble set at the same time I hoped it would be OK. I was wrong. The board is 359mm and the turntable 356mm
This does not fit the standard scrabble set [...], nor does it fit my old scrabble set

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 17 Oct. 2008
K. Fletcher "Top Banana" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tinderbox Games Scrabble Turntable (Toy)
This product is too small for any scrabble board, that being my scrabble original and deluxe. Waste of money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Scrabble Turntable Problems?, 8 July 2008

1.0 out of 5 stars Why did they change the Scrabble turntable?, 6 Jan. 2012
Mrs. S. J. Brown (Biddenden, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tinderbox Games Scrabble Turntable (Toy)
I ordered this as a Christmas stocking filler for my son to go with his Scrabble and Scrabble Trickster games. Unfortunately it is useless. Made of wood, it does not sit flat on the table, wobbles terrible, and quite frankly, it is easier to turn the board without this device than with it.

My mum used to have a plastic turntable which was flat and sat under the board perfectly, making it very easy to turn. Why did they think changing to wood that is far too chunky and wobbly was a good idea???

Don't buy this - you'll find yourself deciding not to use it again after one game, like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent ..., 23 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Tinderbox Games Scrabble Turntable (Toy)
... this turntable fits my board !

As one of the previous reviews suggested, the turntable may have been redesigned, as it fits my Scrabble board (Updated Original by Mattel - the one the picture on the box shows).

Before buying my SCRABBLE GAME, I asked for the board measurements of the Original version by Mattel from several sellers of the same version of the game. I was given 2 variations of measurements: 355mm & 360mm

I found my board measures approx. 357mm. It fits the turntable but it is not a snug fit and has some give as the board size of the TURNTABLE is now 359mm. It still works perfectly.

The turntable may take board sizes of upto 360mm in view of the above varying measurement of the standard board - which is 1mm more than the 359mm board size of the turntable...

If your unsure whether or not it will fit your board, just measure it and if it's 360mm or under, it will most likely fit... Remember: This turntable is for the standard sized boards.

It's a handy little gadget !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for a great game, 3 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Tinderbox Games Scrabble Turntable (Toy)
The turner for the table is an excellent choice that I made my grandparents had one which made it easy to turn the board without moving any of the tiles. When I saw this one for sale I grabbed it. It is amzaingly easy to store folded up easy and very nicely. An excellent and cheap spend for those who love to play scrabble!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A must for Scrabble enthusiasts!, 22 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Tinderbox Games Scrabble Turntable (Toy)
Having wanted one of these turntables for ages, I am delighted to have located it on Amazon. It makes a game of Scrabble much easier - and as I have recently introduced my grandchildren to the game,this accessory is really useful in avoiding the problem of slipping letter tiles!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Disappointed, 20 Jan. 2006
Clair Milligan (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tinderbox Games Scrabble Turntable (Toy)
Having played a lot of scrabble recently, I decided an ideal Christmas present for my boyfriend would be a new scrabble board and a scrabble turn table. How exciting?! The scrabble board, does not fit the turn table. So useless. I'm going to follow it up to see if it was a random turn table that was for some reason too small. I'll investigate and let you know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrabble Turntable, 13 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Tinderbox Games Scrabble Turntable (Toy)
This item is superb. It has enabled me to play Scrabble games without the tiles falling off or sliding around the board when turning it round for other players. The board fits well and stays put so I am really pleased.

Tinderbox Games Scrabble Turntable