‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT JUST ANOTHER PUPPET, 5 May 2004
This review is from: Schizophrenic (Audio CD)
If you thought Justin's musical style set the world on fire, then you ain't seen nothing yet - well, not until you've seen JC Chasez! Seeing him perform (support act for Britney's Onyx Hotel Tour at Wembley) prompted me to buy his album - and it's mind blowing!
Single 'Some Girls (Dance With Women)' starts the album off in style, an infectious number that'll have you on your feet, followed by the equally danceable 'She Got Me'.
'Mercy' is a magnificent track which really showcases JC's awesome vocal talent, and it's a slick song. Ballad 'Build My World' is really something special, not an average sugary sweet pukefest, this is JC's 'Cry Me A River' (although minus the element of revenge that the Justin classic embraces).
'Something Special' lives up to it's title, and truly describes most of the songs on the album! The next mention-worthy song is the mind-blowing, show-stealing, show-stopping anthem 'All Day Long I Dream About Sex', showing that JC is for the guys as well as the girls. It goes on for just over 6 minutes, but it never drags. It's songs like this that elevate JC's debut effort above not only those of other boyband members, but also those of other many debut pop acts.
'One Night Stand' sees JC describing backseat encounters, and 'Lose Myself' sees JC getting, ahem, personal (I'll say no more!) The bonus tracks are a remix of 'Some Girls (Dance With Women)' (equally as good as the single version), and also hit single 'Blowin' Me Up (With Her Love)' which cannot fail to make you move.
I hope this review'll be helpful as previously I was in no way an N*Sync fan (no, seriously!). JC is an awesome new artist, and judging by this, he'll be around for a long time to come as a stellar superstar.

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Mr JT, 19 Jan 2004
Mrs. G. Potts "satsuma77" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schizophrenic (Audio CD)
Always the stronger of the two leads in NSYNC, but without the public profile of Justin Timberlake, we've been waiting for this album for months.
If the album is only half as good as the live stuff we've been hearing over the internet then this is going to be the record of 2004.
A departure into one man's mind and the music he comes up with, it is a mixture of disco, pop, dance and anything other musical styles you can think of.
The latest Basement Jaxx album showed us what JC can do with his voice (Plug It In). This first solo album promises great things. A shame it doesn't seem to be getting a UK release.

5.0 out of 5 stars a talented artist, 8 Dec 2004
This review is from: Schizophrenic (Audio CD)
i have never been a fan of nsync but saying that they never did really take off in the uk. i bought this album after hearing the debut single blowin me up, which could have been a gamble as there are not many albums which have 16 fantastic tracks. jc should be very proud of this album he has written all of the tracks has an amazing vocal range on all various styles he has tried and you cant say that about many artists these days. since purchasing this album in may it has lived in my in car cd player ever since, i enjoy listening to it every day which for me is good before this cd i used to get bored and change very quickly. jc has impressed me so much with his talent i have since purchased some nsync material both cds and live dvds and again his talent shines when singing live he does most of the vocals and has written most of the nsync tracks and is definatly the talent behind the group. i think justin timberlake has mistakingly been credited for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars His best work ever!, 23 Jan 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Schizophrenic (Audio CD)
This album is undoutably JC Chasez's best work. When he was in Nsync he wrote some really excellent tracks that didn't really show the whole man, but this album does. JC spent so long writing this album that it took him even longer to record it. He wanted it to be perfect for the people that listen to it. I think that he has just created the album of 2004 and an album that will change the music industry for the better. All the other pop artist's that are out there should follow in his foot steps. If they did then maybe there would finaly be some good tunes to listen to.
This album is not really different from what he wrote with Nsync, its just evolved. In every song we are seeing a piece of JC's sole. Which means we will not only be touched by the power of his incredible voice but also by the words which come from the heart, you can't get better than that.

5.0 out of 5 stars This album is gonna rule, 9 Feb 2004
This review is from: Schizophrenic (Audio CD)
I've heard quite a bit of the material available on the net and being a big fan of Justified I feel that this album is going to rule despite going in a different musical direction from Timberlake. The joint lead singer of *Nsync has produced a great album Some Girls is a catchy tune that gets you off your feet ready to dance. The song Build my world is a great ballad, however one song that really stands out is One Night Stand as Chasez impresses us with his amazing vocal talent. The producers on this album are Riprock & AG who produced many *Nsync tracks, BT who produced Pop and many more. Chasez also has written or co-written all 15 tracks.
With the right amount of publicity this album could be very popular. Can't wait to hear more of the album, hope he tours in the UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Schizophrenic No.1 on Album chart for sure!!!, 10 Feb 2004
This review is from: Schizophrenic (Audio CD)
JC, what can I say? This album is awsome, unique and kicks butt!!! It'll get you dancing around your room, screaming out the lyrics. Fun, light and energetic tracks (not forgetting the amazing ballads) This album is a must for someone who's looking for something fresh...You rock JC!!!!!
I couldn't possibly wait for the official UK release date ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY!!!!, 23 Jan 2004
This review is from: Schizophrenic (Audio CD)
JC fans have been waiting for this album since we first heard his voice on Nsync`s Debut album!
JC has always had to stand in the shadow of "baby of the band" Justin, and after the success of Justins album, I personaly didnt think I was ever gonna get to see this album but finaly JC has stepped into the spotlight that is rightfully his.
The Tracks layed down on the net have been out standing.
Build my world is the ultamate ballad, a must for anyone who has ever felt love.
A.D.I.D.A.S is a funk driven ride which would sound fab in any club.
And I cant personally wait to hear the rest of Some Girls (dance with women)
5 out of 5, and a must have album for anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars This should have been a massive hit!!!, 19 Mar 2005
M. Mortel "Mat Mortel" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schizophrenic (Audio CD)
I blame his label for this album not selling as well as the other well known *NSync-er. I for one have never seen one ounce of promotion over this side of the pond for any of JC's music, and that is a big shame. The music is a different approach to 'Justified', and has worked just as well, if not better!
I had to do some real research to find out about this album, as it just hasnt been promoted here, i think people would love this music if they only got the chance to listen to it, which Jive records seems to have restricted. My only hope is that he gets the chance to release further material, and be promoted for it, I am holding my breath for his next album. If you buy one album this year, you should buy this. As soon as I heard each song I loved them, and there is a real variation too, he has tried everything on this album, and it all works.(if you go to JCchasez.net you can hear clips of tracks)
The only reason i can think of for this album not selling is due to its distinct favour for songs about sex, which obviously isolates his fans from the *NSync days, and as such he needs to find a new fan base. I'm first in the que!
This album is one of the best produced, and written albums that have been out for a long time, and is now pride of place within my music collection!
The best album to come from the *Nsync guys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Justin who?, 18 May 2004
C Eruchalu (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schizophrenic (Audio CD)
I bought this album because I was quite interested to see whether Justin was the only talent behind NSYNC or whether it was JC as well and I wasn't disappointed. This album is one of those you listen to and you're impressed with every track. JC is really talented both with his vocals and song writing.
Fav tracks:
Some Girls, 100 Ways, All day long, Come to me, Mercy, Everything you want, Blowin me up.
Go get this album!!

5.0 out of 5 stars JUSTIN'S HAD HIS TURN NOW ITS JC'S TIME TO SHINE, 23 Jan 2004
This review is from: Schizophrenic (Audio CD)
JC CHASEZ'S 'SCHIZOPHRENIC' is going to get high in the charts all over the world, this guy has one of the most amazing voice's i have ever heard, his ballads 'build my world' and 'dear goodbye' make a tear come, his rockin 'if you were my girl' makes you want to get up and headbang, and 'shake it' with basement jaxx is so amazing, 'every thing you want' a reggae style, i dont like to say this but it sounds a little like sting, 'all day long i dream about sex' is very 8o's style but very sexy, jc's single 'some girls dance with women' when i first heard it i just could not stop singing it and dancing, it will be a big hit in clubs.I went over to California to three of jc's shows and heard him sing these songs live, jc sounds so amazing live. This album is sure going to be a success, i love it and i would say its the best album i have ever heard, i highly recommend it, go and buy it, you will not be disappointed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Schizophrenic
Schizophrenic by J.C. Chasez (Audio CD - 2004)