20Q

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but a little bit spooky!!
This toy is just brilliant! It might be small but it's powers are amazing! Like other reviewers I was initally very sceptical about it, but after challenging it numerous times I am convinced that this toy really does live up to its "mind-reading" claims! I have tried thinking of very simple things, such as a lion to more obscure items and 99% of the time this amazing...
Published on 21 Nov 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars 20Q
It might be me, bearing in mind the positive reviews of the item from other purchasers, but the award of 4 or 5 stars should reflect something that is very good or excellent. This item is good, but not that good. It has surpised me with some of it's response, it has answered correctly zebra and skunk, but failed to identify a car and a telephone.

Is it worth...
Published on 19 July 2006 by Victor Meldrew Mk2

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing and addictive, 17 Jan 2005
D. Watson "d_watson94" (Dundee) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
Truly amazing toy. Still can't work out how it guesses from seemingly random questions. Great fun. Also great for playing in the car in the dark because it lights up - keeps kids amused for hours (and adults too!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 21 Sep 2004
ZoŽ's mum (Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
I was sceptical about this but after trying it a number of times on things as random as a smoke detector, carpet and a train, and it getting them right I had to agree, it's smarter than me!
I bought this as a present for someone and we spent the whole of his birthday night passing it between us all trying to catch it out, with little success. You need to be honest with it, and if you answer too many "sometimes" it may not guess correctly.
Loads of fun and a real challenge. Buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing wow, 4 Dec 2004
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
I must admit i was very sceptical about this but i saw the price and thought well why not i'll give it a try. Me and my hubby had to try it out we first thought of remote control thought it would never get that but yes it did and the many others that followed.........we even thought of a slightly rude thing (as many of the adults will try lol) and guess what it guessed that too not the exact word but very very close it even said about q17 I CANT BELIEVE YOUR THINKING OF THAT WORD well i was astounded felt like a naughty child getting caught doing something i shouldnt be.
I would highly recommend this for the gadget minded person and children alike brilliant fun 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Best £10 spent in a long time!, 11 Nov 2005
Frances Leong (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
I bought this toy for my daughter's 11th birthday. All the family have played with it time and time again. Its great for plane/car journeys, waiting in the dentist's or just at home. Everyone wants to know where we got it - adults and children alike are amazed. It gets it right almost every time.The funniest thing is when people whisper in case IQ20 'hears' them!I'm just about to buy 2 more for Xmas presents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for kids and big kids alike!, 11 Aug 2006
R L (Sunny England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
For as long as I can remember we've always played "20 Questions" in my family so when I saw this whilst looking for a present for my parents I just had to get it. My mum was somewhat skeptical about it at first and was convinced it was never going to guess what she was thinking about but was amazed when it got it spot on. Even my dad, who was never particuarly a fan of "20 Questions" (mainly because he was never any good at it!) found it amazing, possibly because of its gadgety nature.

I've nicknamed it "Columbo" because it doesn't always look like it's asking anything relevant to what you're thinking about and you start to wonder if it has the faintest idea at all but it very rarely gets it wrong at the end! OK, so it has its limits and it is prone to a slight American bias (e.g. guesses a cup of coffee but wouldn't know what a cup of tea was!) but you've got to be fair with it as it's never going to know everything. Considering it's essentially just a plastic ball with a few electronic bits inside I still find it pretty amazing and I'm considerably older than the manufacturer's recommended age group! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars How to keep a middle aged guy from working!, 19 Mar 2005
Dale A. Haines "master_ice" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
Having missed the postal delivery, prior to starting my saturday 'chores' I went to the post office to collect my Amazon goods.
It was my 20Q and as for my saturday schedule - that flew right out of the window.
This little plastic ball of electronics has occupied me constantly for 2 hours.
I have no idea how it fathoms it's answers out from the questions it asks - but it does.
I did manage to fox it with circular saw but it sort of got close by guessing a katana.
And how the hell it worked out electric guitar totally beats me!
All in all this is a toy which will keep you amused just trying to beat it. You'll not learn anything but that's not the point. This is purely for enjoyment.
And it's worth every penny!
Treat yourself - it's less fattening than an easter egg as well

4.0 out of 5 stars How did it do that!?, 27 Nov 2005
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
I first saw this when a teaching colleague showed me his. I was amazed at how it managed to work out what I was thinking. At first I thought of fairly mundane, everyday things but even when I tried to think of more abstract ideas (without being too obscure) it guessed those as well. I was so impressed, I bought one.Anyway, having had my own and played it quite a lot, it still retains the 'wow' factor you get when you are first outwitted. I intend to use it as a teaching aid to help my kids with question structure and improving their vocabulary. I would say that it will certainly be useful and amusing for the age range that I teach (8-10 year olds).I do have a couple of minor quibbles though. The text rate is a bit slow for me although probably fine for kids. That tends to make the fun wear off quicker for an adult. The questions, naturally, are rather repetetive and a bit weird eg 'Is it larger than a microwave oven? Does it weigh more than a pound of butter?' and, when you start racking your brains to think of something it won't guess, you have to keep answering 'Don't know' or N/A for more and more questions.However, if you're looking for something that will amaze and amuse, this'll do the job. Well worth a purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars 20Q- the most addictive thing along with gameboy, 16 Sep 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
My brother recieved his 20q yesterday in the mail, we purchased it for £8.99 with free post and packaging from play.com(great site by the way).
ever since it arrived, i have been playing with it more than my bro has!
it might sound like a load of rubbish but this is the smartest thing money can buy. it gets about 9/10 things correct and if it gets it wrong after 20 questions (aptly titled), it will then ask you 5 more questions.
i dont know how it is so addictive but it is simply amazing.
it can guess things such as window, rifle, earth, rope , MP3 player and 10000000s more!
a great thing to buy and i reccomend it to anyone!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 18 Sep 2005
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
Amazing! ,doesn't always get it right though!
Once we though of policeman and it guessed Ninja.
Seriously this is a really great little toy and a super gift for less than a tenner.
I bought my daughter one just as a treat and now I am the most popular Dad ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids still playing with this 10 months later, 17 Oct 2006
Chris F (North West UK) - See all my reviews
Need I say more?

It's the only toy, other than "Cluedo", which my kids still play with 10 months after receiving it last Christmas.

That can't be bad - and it still has surprises in store when I sneak a quick go!

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›