20Q

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but a little bit spooky!!
This toy is just brilliant! It might be small but it's powers are amazing! Like other reviewers I was initally very sceptical about it, but after challenging it numerous times I am convinced that this toy really does live up to its "mind-reading" claims! I have tried thinking of very simple things, such as a lion to more obscure items and 99% of the time this amazing...
Published on 21 Nov 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars 20Q
It might be me, bearing in mind the positive reviews of the item from other purchasers, but the award of 4 or 5 stars should reflect something that is very good or excellent. This item is good, but not that good. It has surpised me with some of it's response, it has answered correctly zebra and skunk, but failed to identify a car and a telephone.

Is it worth...
Published on 19 July 2006 by Victor Meldrew Mk2

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 July 2006
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
This is possibly one of the best travel games ever!

It really will keep you occupied for hours. adults and kids alike love it, you will be creeped out and amazed at first and then you will try to trick it but you can't it guess' every time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 21 Sep 2004
ZoŽ's mum (Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
I was sceptical about this but after trying it a number of times on things as random as a smoke detector, carpet and a train, and it getting them right I had to agree, it's smarter than me!
I bought this as a present for someone and we spent the whole of his birthday night passing it between us all trying to catch it out, with little success. You need to be honest with it, and if you answer too many "sometimes" it may not guess correctly.
Loads of fun and a real challenge. Buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing wow, 4 Dec 2004
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
I must admit i was very sceptical about this but i saw the price and thought well why not i'll give it a try. Me and my hubby had to try it out we first thought of remote control thought it would never get that but yes it did and the many others that followed.........we even thought of a slightly rude thing (as many of the adults will try lol) and guess what it guessed that too not the exact word but very very close it even said about q17 I CANT BELIEVE YOUR THINKING OF THAT WORD well i was astounded felt like a naughty child getting caught doing something i shouldnt be.
I would highly recommend this for the gadget minded person and children alike brilliant fun 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun for kids and big kids alike!, 11 Aug 2006
R L (Sunny England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
For as long as I can remember we've always played "20 Questions" in my family so when I saw this whilst looking for a present for my parents I just had to get it. My mum was somewhat skeptical about it at first and was convinced it was never going to guess what she was thinking about but was amazed when it got it spot on. Even my dad, who was never particuarly a fan of "20 Questions" (mainly because he was never any good at it!) found it amazing, possibly because of its gadgety nature.

I've nicknamed it "Columbo" because it doesn't always look like it's asking anything relevant to what you're thinking about and you start to wonder if it has the faintest idea at all but it very rarely gets it wrong at the end! OK, so it has its limits and it is prone to a slight American bias (e.g. guesses a cup of coffee but wouldn't know what a cup of tea was!) but you've got to be fair with it as it's never going to know everything. Considering it's essentially just a plastic ball with a few electronic bits inside I still find it pretty amazing and I'm considerably older than the manufacturer's recommended age group! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best £10 spent in a long time!, 11 Nov 2005
Frances Leong (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
I bought this toy for my daughter's 11th birthday. All the family have played with it time and time again. Its great for plane/car journeys, waiting in the dentist's or just at home. Everyone wants to know where we got it - adults and children alike are amazed. It gets it right almost every time.The funniest thing is when people whisper in case IQ20 'hears' them!I'm just about to buy 2 more for Xmas presents.

5.0 out of 5 stars How to keep a middle aged guy from working!, 19 Mar 2005
Dale A. Haines "master_ice" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
Having missed the postal delivery, prior to starting my saturday 'chores' I went to the post office to collect my Amazon goods.
It was my 20Q and as for my saturday schedule - that flew right out of the window.
This little plastic ball of electronics has occupied me constantly for 2 hours.
I have no idea how it fathoms it's answers out from the questions it asks - but it does.
I did manage to fox it with circular saw but it sort of got close by guessing a katana.
And how the hell it worked out electric guitar totally beats me!
All in all this is a toy which will keep you amused just trying to beat it. You'll not learn anything but that's not the point. This is purely for enjoyment.
And it's worth every penny!
Treat yourself - it's less fattening than an easter egg as well

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 18 Sep 2005
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
Amazing! ,doesn't always get it right though!
Once we though of policeman and it guessed Ninja.
Seriously this is a really great little toy and a super gift for less than a tenner.
I bought my daughter one just as a treat and now I am the most popular Dad ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids still playing with this 10 months later, 17 Oct 2006
Chris F (North West UK) - See all my reviews
Need I say more?

It's the only toy, other than "Cluedo", which my kids still play with 10 months after receiving it last Christmas.

That can't be bad - and it still has surprises in store when I sneak a quick go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy toy, 13 Oct 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
This toy is amazing - I want to know how it works! You think of anything and in 20 questions it usually guesses the right answer, it also gives little messages inbetween the questions to jeer at you for picking such an easy object. The weird thing is that the questions aren't very specific so you are surprised every time it guesses right. Very Clever...

5.0 out of 5 stars Will blow your mind!!!, 11 Aug 2004
This review is from: 20Q (Toy)
I saw this round a friends house and set out to think of something random to catch this gadget out. but it was nearly impossible to do. This toy will guess what you're thinking within 20 (25 max) questions - just how on earth it guessed I was thinking of Spiderman with me only answering yes, no, or sometimes, is beyond me!! Quality fun, guaranteed!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›