4.0 out of 5 stars It really is leakproof!!
Published on 9 May 2009 by Nicola Denley

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but do not expect too much
At last an insulated mug that is actually leak-proof. It keeps drinks hot for a an hour or so and fairly warm for a few hours. Just don't expect that 2 hours after filling it you will still have a steaming hot drink. The fact that the plastic around the top gets warm demonstrates that a significant amount of heat is lost in that area.
Published on 1 Feb 2009 by CJ

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars It really is leakproof!!, 9 May 2009
This review is from: Thermos Glacier Leak Proof Leakproof Travel Mug 0.4L (Kitchen & Home)
I've been hunting for a leak proof travel mug for ages - one I can sling in the bottom of the pushchair or into the car without worrying that its going to spill everywhere and I finally found one. I actually really love this mug, in fact so much I'm going to buy another one. I rarely get in the car (passenger side of course) without it! I haven't noticed any significant loss of heat but I do tend to drink the contents fairly quickly. Out of all the flasks I've used this is the simplest to do up - I've had no leaks at all. If you're torn between this one and the Brugo get this one. My Brugo leaks, is difficult to drink from and has very poor heat retention
I've given it four stars, rather than five for two reason. firstly, the price is pretty hefty and secondly because it didn't seem right to give it a five star rating when I hadn't really tested out the heat retention.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best travel mug around, 30 Aug 2011
I have had one of these for 4 years, it still works absolutley perfectly, its been camping and also had a hard life in the front of frontline ambulances and response cars. I find that cleaning the O ring by running my finger along it to raise it enough for removal then cleaning with the mug and replacing it keeps it working excellently.
I noted that CJ's review said that theirs loses heat through the lid but that is because they are overfilling it and not leaving a gap beneath the lid, this is the same with all vacuum flasks. If the liquid touches the lid it will conduct through, I had a similar problem when I started but once I left a half cm gap it sorted the problem and I find that a coffee brewed at 6am is still drinkable at 9am on a busy shift.
I originally found these on sale in the US and unavailable over here in the UK so I am chuffed that they are now available, I'll be telling all my colleagues and my partner can breath a sigh of relief as bought her one and she wouldn't let it out of her sight in case it got lost as she liked it so much!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but do not expect too much, 1 Feb 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Travel Mug Ever!, 13 Feb 2011
Miss Anthi Vasileiadou (Sandyford Ind Est, Dublin 18, IE) - See all my reviews
I've been looking for a proper travel mug for quite some time. I then came across this one, but was only being sold by amazon.com. It's quite on the expensive side, which i didn't mind, but i wasn't prepared to pay for the P&P from the States. To my surprise i noticed one day this was being stocked by amazon.co.uk and rushed to order two - one for myself and one for a colleague who was also desperate to find a decent leakproof mug. And one morning it came - what a day! i did a test over the sink: filled it with water, closed the lid and turned it upside down. Not a drop! I've been filling it with home-made coffee every day for the past couple of months now and i can't help but smile at this marvel every time i take it out of my bag when i get to work. Not only is the coffee still steaming hot over an hour afterwards, but my phone, blackberry, wallet and paper are also always dry! This little baby brought my commute to a whole new level! As i said, it is a bit on the pricey side, but it's already paid for itself by me not having to buy my coffee at starbucks any more! Would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to save a buck or just prefers their own espresso to that of their local coffee shop :)

5.0 out of 5 stars It really doesn't leak!, 18 Aug 2011
This seems to be the only thermal mug on the market that really doesn't leak. I can attach it to my rucksack with the carabina clip, or just throw it inside, and it doesn't leak. You can unscrew the screw lid to drink from it without having to take the lid off completely. It is robustly made and feels chunky and solid. I use it on my morning commute and highly recommend it. My tea stays comfortably warm for at least 4 hours, and drinkably tepid for long after that. For me it was definitely worth the extra money to get the leak-proof seal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably The Best Travel Mug Ever, 31 July 2011
I have now had several of these Glacier Leak Proof Travel Mugs from Thermos and I can say in all honesty they are the best travel mug on the market, I take mine everywhere and I have put everything from chunky soup to iced water in them and they have always maintained the required temperature. I have often forgotten that I had a drink with me but when I've remembered and taken a drink 4 or 5 hours later it has always been drinkable whether hot or cold. This is probably also the most ergonomic and practical travel mug on the market today, whether you hold it by the very comfortable handle or the main body of the mug it is easy to use, the narrow base allows it to fit into any car cup holder with the flared body shape maintaining a full 16oz capacity. I honestly can not think of a negative thing to say about this product and the only reason I had more than one is that they have been miss placed or stolen

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive but no spare parts available, 24 May 2009
Mr. N. Wilson (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
Although a little on the pricey side, have found it to do exactly what it says in the description, ie keeps my morning cuppa hot for hours.
Sadly though, I tried to order a spare cap seal from BHL group only to be told my mug is a discontinued item and parts no longer available. I only bought it 3 weeks ago !! Sorry I've bought it now. Who's the mug ???

4.0 out of 5 stars Thermos Glacier Mug, 10 Sep 2011
After purchasing several other thermal mugs over the years which leaked I now swear by these Thermos glacier thermal mugs. I now have several of these mugs they are not cheap but they very well made,do not leak and are effective at keeping drinks warm for about three hours.
However if for some reason the drink is not consumed and the drink goes completely cold a vacuum develops which makes it very difficult to open the mug. Over time the lid can come apart as a result of being opened when the drink has cooled down. The thermos website does not sell replacement lids for this model which in my opinion it should. If the mug is still within the 5 year warranty you can return the broken lid to the address on the leaflet which came with the mug together with a copy of your receipt they can send you a replacement lid. So you may want to try not to let the drink cool completely and be sure to keep the receipt and leaflet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too large for European Car Drink Holders, 3 Aug 2012
This is an excellent product as a drink holder BUT it is too big for European Car Drink Holders - the base is simply too large to fit snugly into my Renault Megane Scenic drink holder. Doubtless it may be OK in larger US vehicle holders (e.g. the Chrysler Voyager?) - it appears to be made for that market. But if you want it to fit in a European car I suggest at least you check it fits yours first after it arrives before destroying the packaging and preventing a return. I have had the same problem with another insulated drink holder sourced from another US manufacturer (reviewed elsewhere ([ASIN:B001RMIWJ6 Contigo 470 ml West Loop Autoseal Stainless Steel Mug, Black 0348]). European buyers beware.

2.0 out of 5 stars Need a pair of pliers to open it, 2 Jan 2012
Initially, like most other reviewers, I was pleased with this mug but today I am sitting with a mug that I cannot open. Reading the reviews it would seem to be because the drink has been allowed to go cold, several of us have tried and we are now going to try a pair of pliers. The pliers worked! Reviewers on other sites have suggested lubricating the lid with food grade oil before sealing it, I will certainly give it a try.

Lots of people have bought this mug and seem to have encountered no problems.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›