4.0 out of 5 stars You'll Never Find a Nessy in the Zoo, 30 April 2005
This review is from: The Family Ness: Volume 1 - Elspeth And Angus Meet The Loch... [DVD] (DVD)
Yes that's right, you may see an anaconda a giraffe or kangaroo but you'll never find a Nessy in the zoo. This is the classic childrens tale of two children who can talk to the loch Ness monsters (yes there are many of these beasts) whenever they wish. The stories are short and the animation is simple, but there is no other childrens series that has Nessie in it.
For the price at least one of the DVDs is worth it for the two songs, let alone for the imaginative stories.
If you have a few quid to spare and want to relive 80's kids TV this is for you. Willy Fog also has a 5 disc box set of his journey round the world out which is well worth it (11+ hours for less than the cost of "Lord of the Rings")

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Children's Entertainment, 1 Aug 2010
RozziD "Rose" (Lincoln, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I remember this from the 80s and was really pleased tho see that it was available to buy so that today's little ones can enjoy it too. We have spent a quiet 40 minutes being entertained by Elspheth, Angus and the many inhabitants of Loch Ness. There are 8 short episodes on this volume of the series and each only lasts a few minutes - enough to hold the attention of a lively 4 year old. The 'monsters' are completely non-scary so can be enjoyed by really small children.

Brilliant series - so go on and enjoy a bit of nostalgia!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Family Ness, 17 July 2014
Mr. Beaumont - See all my reviews
Before buying this DVD I had not watched the The Family Ness since the early 90's & almost forgot how amazing this show is. When I first put on the DVD the theme tunes takes me right back to being a child again, even now, 20 years later I can still remember all the words lol. All in all very very happy with this DVD. The only downside is you only get 8 episodes (listed below) & at 5mins each this makes this set only 40mins long, it's a shame really as other shows you can buy the complete series for the same price. But apart from that small thing i otherwise loves this set. Unfortunately there is no subtitles on this set too, but to most of us that is really not a problem & did not effect the enjoyment we had.

Elspeth And Angus Meet The Loch Ness Monster
Clumsy-Ness Upsets Captain StandFast
Clever-Ness Helps With The Homework
Silly-Ness And The Bubble Machine

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, 28 Feb 2014
I brought this for my two kids and they both love it One is 9 and she can understand it but the 8 mth old likes the colours

5.0 out of 5 stars Fond memories, 23 Feb 2014
I remember watching this with my daughter and son when they were small (20 odd years ago). When I saw it on the Amazon website I just had to buy it to watch with my granddaughter. And she loves it. Some would say to excess! Only problem is finding myself singing the theme tune at inappropriate moments!

5.0 out of 5 stars memories, 30 Dec 2013
Carolyn P. Kerr "cat" (scotland) - See all my reviews
love it!!! Brings back great memories and I bought it for my wee one, the fact it is on DVD is great and the quality is excellent and the delivery speed was brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Nov 2013
Great DVD my son likes it and its like reliving my childhood seeing again as I was small when it was originally on TV

5.0 out of 5 stars trip down memory lane, 2 Oct 2013
Bought for a 2 year old and 6 year old who both love it. Very short episodes so holds their interest and the theme tune is brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good family fun, 5 July 2013
I bought this for my 4 year old English grandchild as my daughter remembered from her childhood.
They will be visiting Scotland soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nessie, 1 Jun 2013
I bought this for the grandson, who loves it. There are so many episodes and suitable for under fives. Very happy with our purchase.

The Family Ness: Volume 1 - Elspeth And Angus Meet The Loch... [DVD]