4.0 out of 5 stars Don't let this happen to you!
It is down to the line and if you do nit come up with a good science project you can kiss you high school diploma good by. What luck a nearby abandoned military depot. You guessed it an alien engine is just waiting for the application of a little electricity.

Published on 4 Oct 2004 by bernie

2.0 out of 5 stars Film, good as remembered. DVD quality, very poor.
Published on 2 Jan 2011 by Cult Scifi & Fantasy Fan

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't let this happen to you!, 4 Oct 2004
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

This is what happened to a young lad, Michael Harlan (John Stockwell.) With the help of his friends he discovers new dimensions. There is time enough for adventure and time enough for love Ellie (Danielle von Zerneck.) A vortex sucks up the science teacher. And everyone is threatened. Only the original hand full of friends can curb the problem by fighting their way back in over numerous obstacles to remove the source of energy to the engine.

Can they curb the power before it is too late?

Will we ever see the science teacher again?

2.0 out of 5 stars Film, good as remembered. DVD quality, very poor., 2 Jan 2011
This review is from: My Science Project [DVD] (DVD)
As my title prompts, a great little movie. Watched it many times via VHS tapes. All about a couple of USA college students that in their haste to improve their science marks, stumble upon an old UFO artifact stored at a military aircraft "Graveyard". Once powered up via a car battery, which it soon depletes, it then starts searching out on it's own for more electricity. At it's centre is what appears to be a large plasma ball and this requires great amounts of power to function as designed. Collecting this from the towns power-grid, it soon goes into over-drive and becomes(what I presumed it was designed to be) a time travel/folding device. Those near it and it's immediate surrounding start to converge with the past(and future.?) Probably if still situated in the vessel(UFO) it was designed for then it would be controllable but as is, it is mixing time with time so needs to be stopped........but how.?
Unfortunately, this DVD makes the viewing very difficult as the picture is constantly shifting horizontally back & forth and, although with a budget price, I feel it shouldn't have been released for sale with this fault. I hope the manufacturers can sort this problem and re-release a more stable version soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars You're pulling my Zucchini...., 22 May 2010
This review is from: My Science Project [DVD] (DVD)
Fondly remembered 80's B-rate sci-fi. By no means a classic even with Dennis Hopper playing the science teacher we would all love at school, but great fun all the way. They really should have hired Harryhausen for the T-Rex effect... zoinks....

When you're cool the sun shines on you 24hrs a day.......

2.0 out of 5 stars Boy's film, 1 Dec 2011
This review is from: My Science Project [DVD] (DVD)
If I had watched it in the 80's it probably would be good but compared to films now it's abit crap and special affects were lame.

5.0 out of 5 stars just great and fun !!, 16 Oct 2011
This review is from: My Science Project [DVD] (DVD)
what to say, except it's a classic !! excellent quality & a definetly must have to your collection .and 7 days delivery to Belgium is "acceptable"..

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I remember, 13 Feb 2010
L. Taylor (Leicester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Science Project [DVD] (DVD)
I remember this film being really great when I was about 11 or 12 and I was going to buy it on video years ago. But now I am in my 30s it does not seem so good. Saying that I watched it last night with my 7 year old son and he thought it was really good. One thing to take note of - the film is listed as a 15 so I watched it first before I let him watch it with me and rating it as a 15 is completely crazy, as it is more like a PG. This is probably due to it's age and most older films are not that bad anymore.
Lastly I was only going to rate the film 3 stars but as it was only cheap and my son likes it so much I pushed it up to 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars great movie for its time, 23 Feb 2004
I seen the movie when it first came onto video and have liked it ever since and am now trying to get a copy of it but cant find one where i live [ Australia ].
The special fx in the move are great and i like the car aswell
i dont know its just one of those movies that you never get sick off and once you have watched it you all ways watch it again
well i do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalga trip!, 6 Mar 2005
Steve J (Stockport, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Science Project [DVD] (DVD)
Couldn't believe it was available on DVD. Snatched it up straight away. Have been trying to get it in PAL format for years. Fantastic american-teen sci-fi movie.....but MONO sountrack!!! :(

ARRAY(0xae9c45dc)

My Science Project [DVD]
My Science Project [DVD] by Jonathan R. Betuel (DVD - 2004)
3.28