5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomely left field
If you're a fan of modern British comedy this show is a highlight of the last decade.
You have Simon Pegg and Hark Heap, just before they went off to make the incredible Spaced. Graham Linehan and Arthur Matthews just after Father Ted and before Linehan made Black Books, Kevin Eldon fresh from Brass Eye, and Catherine Tate before her (imo) underwhelming solo...
Published on 9 Dec 2004 by Mr AI

3.0 out of 5 stars strange but okay
repetitive clips, some of which are funny and some of which are quite random. i find about half of it very funn y and the other half not at all funny
Published 24 months ago by pylonics

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Series is excellent, 2nd Series is so-so, 20 Sep 2005
This review is from: Big Train : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [1998] [DVD] (DVD)
"And listen carefully, as this is the most important thing I shall ever say and I shall not repeat it"
I think I've watched this scene from the first series about 50 times now, words alone cannot express how side splittingly funny it is. You can't afford to not buy this if you enjoy comedy such as Spaced and Father Ted. And OMG the extra scenes that were not included in the original series are hilarious!
But don't get excited about the second series though, yes there are some laughs here but it's nowhere near the same quality as the first. Although I did enjoy the monks, and the guy who makes the smart remark and then gets stuck opening doors.
Brilliant DVD, highly recommeded!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, but an aquired taste., 31 July 2005
Ben Powers "Ben Powers p.s i love Dave" (in Dave Ainsworths Bed) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Train : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [1998] [DVD] (DVD)
Like Monty Python and other, hilarious to some, chin-scratchingly boring to others, comedy programmes Big Train has an almost cult status.
Put simply if you like your comedy a bit on the different side, you will love Big Train!
Big Train requires an audience to think about why they are laughing and why they should.
I enjoyed all the sketches, and I am sure there are still many others like me out there!

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved the surreal, 23 Nov 2014
This review is from: Big Train : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [1998] [DVD] (DVD)
I bought as a way to help me with my English. I loved the surreal, sarcastic and witty humour.Really funny, I cracked up. Some sketches are not so impressive, but the thing is, the acting is so good, that it is worth it, one always make the most of it. Simon Pegg, Catherin Tate and the rest are just wonderful actors, the scripts are distinguised for their creativity, so, yes, I would recommend it, no doubt.

5.0 out of 5 stars A thinking mans comedy., 5 Dec 2014
This review is from: Big Train : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [1998] [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant. Comedy genius's. Still cracks me up 10 years later. The clip with the surgeon who's struggling operating on a patient rushes to the phone to seek advice from a fellow colleague... and the 2 CDC scientists who discover a new strain of virus that could decimate the world population, debate on whether to work overtime the weekend. I laughed so hard I puked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used to watch watch this with my family when I ..., 5 Sep 2014
This review is from: Big Train : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [1998] [DVD] (DVD)
Used to watch watch this with my family when I was a lot younger and just got it on DVD after seeing it on TV not long ago. I was probably too young to get a lot of the jokes back then but after rewatching I've come to the conclusion it is one of the funniest British sketch shows made! Pegg, Eldon and co are all hilarious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Big Train : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [1998] [DVD] (DVD)
The humour matches mine uncannily!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: Big Train : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [1998] [DVD] (DVD)
Somehow I missed the whole of Big Train when it was first televised. I was introduced to it by watching one sketch whilst on holiday. In the main Big Train is the type of humour that makes me laugh out loud. Having said that I could not give 5 stars as there are a couple of sketches that did not 'hit the spot' for me, but as in life, we don't all like the same things. Overall for me , it was a good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Big Train : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [1998] [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this as a present for a colleague; hope he likes it, as it is rather an acquired taste. Arrived swiftly, in good time to compensate for my lack of forward planning!

4.0 out of 5 stars Strange but funny, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Big Train : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [1998] [DVD] (DVD)
Both series are very strange, but I found series two to be the funniest out of the both of them.
Glad I purchased this though, it's a very classic comedy - love the sketch about the guy who thinks everything is about him not being married ha ha!

5.0 out of 5 stars big train, 8 Jan 2014
B. Hogg "book worm" (oxford england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Train : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [1998] [DVD] (DVD)
super show never saw it on tv but never laughed so much . brilliant sketches .very funny worth a watch

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 48 | Next ›