Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 January 2005
This album is simply superb, a welcome return to top form from the Scorpions, if you are/every were a fan then buy this album now you won't be dissapointed.(Can't wait to see them support Judas Priest)
on 24 January 2005
i took a chance and bought this album with tongue in cheek, after the dreadful eye2eye i wasnt expecting much more of a change, i was immediately proven wrong im happy to say, with this fine playlist, theyve shown that theyre back with a vengance! one of the best songs on there is "she said" which harked back to the the kind of quality we saw in "send me an angel" and "when the smoke is going down" well done scorps great to see you back with something decent keep it up..
on 21 May 2004
When i read good reviews of this album I couldn't believe it as their last album 'eye to eye' was absolutely awful.
However, I have a lot of respect for these long running rockers, and bought the album.
I am so glad I did as this is a total rebirth.
If you have ever enjoyed a Scorpions album in the past, then you MUST buy this.
Their glorious 80's heyday get's a nod, but this album sounds amazingly fresh and vibrant, and the songwriting is of a superb quality.
If there was any justice, this would be a top chart album.
Thoroughly recommended, and my album of the year so far!!
VINE VOICEon 18 December 2011
Well... This was an unexpected surprise for me, this record is heavy and melodic; with very little to envy classic scorpions albums. The guitar sound is just huge, ballads like 'Maybe I maybe you' sound just amazing, or even the up-tempo 'Someday is Now'. Certainly Scorpions fans that got into the band during the 90s will love the record, and songs like 'my city my town' evoke some of the classic guitar sound during the verses. Klaus Meine unbelievable singing is still at the top through thunderous melodies in this record... He is still one of the best metal vocalists around and you can clearly get in these songs.

Be sure to find the version of the cd with the silver booklet and textured lettering, mine does not have it.

Let the music play!

Ps: listen to 'through my eyes' chorus... Just mind blowing classic scorpions. Enjoy!
on 3 December 2012
Loved Scorpions in the early days, but sort of lost touch with them during late eighties and nineties. Have recently bought Humanity and Unbreakable and can highly recommend both these albums. Have obviously progressed from their early music, e.g. In Trance, Taken by Force, which at the time I really loved. The new albums take Scorpions to a different level. Not a bad song on either of them. If you like Scorpions these are a must have.
on 25 March 2013
I bought this and found that it would not play in my car (where I most listen to music). It would not play on my laptop or PC either. I thought it was faulty until I saw a small logo on the front of the disc. This turned out to be Sony BMG copy protection circa 2004, which basically also stops it playing on many other devices - essentially Sony treating paying customers like pirates. This was subject to a law suit and was dropped, but Amazon seem to be still selling these discs.
I have returned it for a refund as it is useless to me, but watch out for this if you consider buying this album. Amazon should clearly state that the CD is copy protected or not to allow an informed buying decision.

Update: Amazon customer services confirm that they will continue to sell the now illegal copy protection version of this album only. It seems to be labelled as "Enhanced, Limited Edition, Import". I'm guessing that the 'enhancement' is that you can't play where you may want to. Some enhancement! So unless you are happy that you do not want to play in your car or on your PC, laptop etc or to be able to transfer to your MP3 player, do NOT buy this version.
on 30 December 2013
I bought this album mainly is for 'maybe I maybe you' which is kind of soft song. Did not expect I would enjoy other songs that much. But I really enjoyed this album, all songs are great. At least great for road trip:D
on 15 August 2007
For me, 'Lovedrive' is the greatest hard rock album ever , and 'Tokyo Tapes' comparable to the classic live albums of Thin Lizzy and Aerosmith.

This album, however, is not far behind , and is superior in terms of the heavy guitar work and the production. In addition, Klaus Meine has a beautiful hard rock voice and the melodies will drift through your brain incessantly.

I regularly listen to this by lying on my sofa , eyes closed, from Track 1 through to the last track. A bit special.
on 18 October 2009
This album is a return to top form for the Scorpions.
The album is full of great songs and an energy not seen since the 80s.
This is matched by the new live shows which have been spot on too.
Wondering where the Scorpions are at. This is a good place to start.
Humanity follows on well from this album but this is the better of the two.
I rank this as equal to their classic 80s output.
on 15 May 2004
Following a rather disappointing release with their 'Eye 2 Eye' album(1999), the Germany based power band have gone back to their roots with this long-awaited collection. Since then Scorpions released their orchestrated effort with the Berliner Orchestra and an acoustic albun, (aptly named Acoustica) in between, but this is the first all-new material in 5 years. And true to their word they are back. I was skeptical as I inserted the cd in the player, but 13 tracks and 57 heart-pounding minutes later I was shaking like a leaf. Klaus Meine leads the way with his particular timbre of voice (especially on the melting ballad 'Maybe I , Maybe you..'). The first three tracks blend harmoniusly together and shows what talent Schenker and Jabs still have. The bass rhythm is also thick and satisfying. Borderline is maybe the only song that let me down a little,but then the tempo picks up until it culminates with a splendid final track,'Remember the good times...' which gives this album a 'one-more-go' appeal. Chillingly Brilliant. Buy it.