on 6 August 2010
These compact binoculars are great value. They are also light enough and small enough to pack into your rucksack and carry around all day unnoticed. That means they are allways to hand on a walk when needed, now I never miss that special bird. There is no compromise on optical quality either which you might expect at this sort of price. Except for the narrow field of view the rest is good. The image is bright and the focussing precice and quick. I generally now leave my 10 by 50's at home. They look a little plasticy and might benefit from a soft rubber outer coating and I am not sure how well they would survive rough teatment or a wetting but I play safe and keep them protected and dry. I am very happy with my purchase.
on 19 July 2010
As a cheap set of binoculars the Olympus Roamers are very good value. They function well and are compact and light. Focusing is easy with a good image.Well worth the money if you are looking for an occasional set of binoculars for the ruck sack or car glovebox.