Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£19.95+ £1.26 shipping

on 2 July 2004
I can't believe I'm the first one to write a review for this album. Well, I can, because almost all great music nowadays is about as underappreciated as getting clothes for christmas when you're five. Which actually sucks, but what I meant is good music goes by unnoticed. Yeah.
Anyway, there isn't a bad song on this album, and I'm not just saying that because I'm some obsessed fan, I only just came across Emery a few weeks ago. There isn't a single song I skip, and I've got a new favorite every day.
Yes, it is Screamo (at times) and I know that gets a bad rap with alot of people, but trust me, this album isn't anything like Funeral For A Friend, if it was I wouldn't love it like I do.
Anyway, if you're an emo fan, a screamo fan or an open-minded fan of music, give this a good listen and you should love it. Otherwise, your opinion is wrong.
on 18 March 2004
Emery are an up and coming band from America. Whilst this album is slightly harder than most pop/rock songs and is slightly softer than hardcore rock there is something for everyone to enjoy. Emery blend in harmonics perfectly like in "Walls" and the end result is amazing. They have been compared to Linkin Park many times but I find this offensive as this album is longer than both of their albums and never gets repetative (well for me anyway). This makes it a good choice.
Where as they are a Christian band they dont let it show in their lyrics unlike record label friends Kutless who can't stop praising Jesus. This also makes it good for people who arn't religious. Overall a BRILLIANT Album.
on 30 July 2007
Theres very few bands in this vein that don't just get slung into the 'emo/screamo' catagorisation and written off as generic. They are much like 'no brain' action flicks, you'll watch (listen to) them because they are entertaining to the eyes (ears) but theres nothing to get excited about, no depth, its just...there (Silverstein, Hawthorne Heights, the list goes on and on but I can't be arsed!)

This band is definitely NOT a band to be written off in such a manner! They play 'screamo' which is so well thought out, so original. The vocals are passionate and brutal, the riffage is unique, the synths blend so well. This is an album that I've liked throughout my changes in musical taste. From my roots loving early FFAF, Finch and Thrice to my completely death metal obsessed taste now (BTBAM, Decapitated etc), I've always thought this album is awesome!

The Question (their 2nd album) is ok, but this album just blows it (along with 99% of the bands that could be considered int he same genre) out of the water. If you like screamo and you haven't heard this, BUY IT AND BE EDUCATED!
on 24 February 2004
This album is simply top notch. The front man Toby Morrel may not be the best looking bloke around, but has the voice of an angel. The vocal styling is very similar to the likes of Thursday. With the use of the keyboard Emery are able to produce heart felt melodies, with tracks such as 'The Secret'. Then broken down with the heart pounding riffs included in such songs as 'Walls' which could compare to funeral for a friend This album is a must have.
The tracks that mainly jumped out from the rest are 'The Secret' 'Bloodless' and 'as your voice fails' These 3 tracks seem to sum up the whole album for me.
on 22 February 2004
By far the best CD I have heard in a long time, with the heart felt lyrics from songs like 'The secret' to heavy break downs in 'Walls'. With Vocals comparing to the likes of Thursday combined with the style of Taking back sunday. This album combines the emotional lyrics, with the subtle keyboard, and the intelligent heart wrenching guitar breaks.