4.0 out of 5 stars Terrified my children!
Published on 4 Feb 2010 by mummy spoon

2.0 out of 5 stars A missed opportunity
Potentially curious mix of children movie and horro/scifi, but with a disney hapoy ending that becomes predictable already in the middle of the film, effecting and, in a way, spoiling the remaining half
Published 4 days ago by Elleppi

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrified my children!, 4 Feb 2010
mummy spoon (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Watcher In The Woods [DVD] (DVD)
I don't think you can go all that wrong with a Disney film , you know that it will be family friendly and that kids of any age will enjoy it, er wrong if this didn't say Disney on the front I would not have guessed, this is not your usual suguary fare this really was scary and I ended up with both my children (aged 5 and 7) refusing to sleep in their own beds. However I really did like the film and maybe for families with children over the age of 10 or 11 this would be a good choice, or maybe as an introduction to horror films when they are a bit to young to watch any real ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonished Disney made it, 12 Jan 2007
Darren Ross (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Watcher In The Woods [DVD] (DVD)
Genuinely frightening, a very tight script, intelligent direction and a plot revolving around the ritualised death of a child - can this really be a Disney film? What a pity they don't/didn't make more films like this.

With the possible exception of some slightly stilted child-acting (although it certainly beats Harry Potter in that department), it's hard to find any flaw at all in this film. The touch of that master of writing Brian Clemens is evident in the sheer quality of the script, and the directing is efficient and effective. The most surprising thing is just how genuinely frightening the film is. 'Mild horror' it says on the PG-rating guidance, but, although not in the least gory or unpleasant, the suspense and frights are done in so masterful a way that I agree with the reviewer who said this should be a twelve. The film should scare any adults watching with the light off and I dread to think what sort of dreams it might give even older children.

It's disappointing that the DVD has no extras at all, although praise should be given for the subtitles available in half a dozen other languages. Nevertheless, the quality of the film shines through and I have to give this film a resounding 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watcer in the Woods, 29 April 2008
Ms. D. M. Hills "Donna" (Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Watcher In The Woods [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this film as a child and looked for it a few years ago but had no luck! Was so glad I was found it on here! It scared me so much when I younger and was shocked to see thay it was made by Disney! haha! Me and my 11 year old daughter watched it last night and it still made me jump, I think the music makes it more scarey that what it is but it certainly made my daughter jump too! A much loved film!

4.0 out of 5 stars spooky, 16 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Watcher In The Woods [DVD] (DVD)
i watched this one night as it was mysterious and a walt disney, it is a very good story with some good actors and a feel good ending but i would advise not to show it to under 10's as it might give them some sleepless nights for a while, but all in all it was a good film

5.0 out of 5 stars good old film, 3 Mar 2004
This review is from: The Watcher In The Woods [DVD] (DVD)
This film is excellent, having watched it as a child we have been searching for it for years. It is was scary then and still has a chill factor but it is so intriging, the plot is exciting leaving you not too sure what is round the next corner. I recommend it to everyone who likes the 70's scary movies. If I had to give one word to describe it, it's fantastic! Please watch and find out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still think its scary at 32!, 30 Dec 2005
This review is from: The Watcher In The Woods [DVD] (DVD)
This is a brilliant film and has been my favourite since my childhood. I too remember watching it in the school holidays and remember thinking how scary it was for a Disney kids film. I have only just convinced my school friend into watching it again, as she has been too scared to see it since she was 10! Although still a wonderful concept film, it does seem a little dated in a way, but the story is original and is definitely a must see movie, if you like the paranormal angle on your films.
Still my favourite ever film!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my god the search is over!!, 10 April 2007
This review is from: The Watcher In The Woods [DVD] (DVD)
This film frightened the life out of me one rainy afternoon at junior school, and since then i've been hooked on this film. last time i watched it i was snuggled up in bed, dying of the flu, and i was warped back to my childhood. i've been searching for this film for years, its been the holy grail of my family! i csnt believe i didnt think to check amazon!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film !, 20 Sep 2010
This review is from: The Watcher In The Woods [DVD] (DVD)
Fantastic film.... used to watch it when I was younger, and its still just as good now I'm 24 !

A must watch for anyone...

5.0 out of 5 stars Groovy fun!, 11 July 2013
This review is from: The Watcher In The Woods [DVD] (DVD)
I wouldn't say that this film was for younger viewers, despite the Disney connection. It has a dark theme which runs throughout the film, and the accompanying music is a little unsettling and creepy at times, but that adds to the suspense! But it's enjoyable nevertheless, especially on a lazy Sunday afternoon after a satisfying roast with older kids and adults alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars The watcher in the woods, 24 Jun 2004
This review is from: The Watcher In The Woods [DVD] (DVD)
i saw this film when i was 8 and now at the age of 14 i can still remember it quite clearly being a very scary childrens film. i personally thought think it should be a "12" not a "PG".
now finally i am going to buy it on DVD i really look forward to seeing it. This film is only spoiled by it's DVD case and that's it. the actuall movie is absolutly amazng. it should be seen by all.

The Watcher In The Woods [DVD]
The Watcher In The Woods [DVD] by Vincent McEveety (DVD - 2004)