Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 November 2011
I can't remember where I heard of Youssou N'Dour. Maybe on the BBC World service or perhaps from his collaboration with Peter Gabriel on shaking the tree. I went on You Tube and heard "lang" and then "7 seconds" and thought i would try it. I have had this album for two weeks and I am playing it daily and non stop - when will I ever get enough? It is one of those albums i know I will eventually love every song on. Youssou N'Dour has a great tenor voice and he is backed by astounding musicians and the fact that he has sung with so many great musicians means he is an artists' artist.
This is a wonderful sampler and so cleanly played and recorded - the percussion and rhythms are astounding - a fantastic introduction to a great Senegalese singer. I know that he is very well regarded in Africa and was told that he may be their most famous singer.
After this I bought the other best of Youssou N'dour CD and that is terrific too...
on 28 February 2013
'Seven Seconds away' is on my list of the most beautiful-in places sublime- songs ever, and it's part of this cheerful, meaningful collection of Youssou N'Dour's work. N'Dour himself is greatly to be admired, for his work for Amnesty International,and for his public service as a politician in Senegal and the wider continent of Africa.
on 16 May 2014
I gave this 5 stars because I have listened to this in the car every day since I bought it and I am still not sick of it! Counteracts the rush hour blues.
on 10 October 2013
good price and delivery
on 24 April 2016
Excellent
on 20 May 2016
fine
on 28 December 2009
7 Seconds: The Best of Youssou N'Dour. Very happy with this product. And it arrived very quickly.