on 16 August 2009
BEFORE I BOUGHT THIS ITEM I LOOKED AT REVIEWS ON THE NET, AND THEY WERE ALL GOOD REVIEWS. IF YOU WANT AN EASY INFLATOR TO USE THIS IS THE ONE , ONLY THING IS ITS A BIT NOISY AND SLOW TO INFLATE THE TYRES , ALSO THE AIR HOSE IS SHORT AS YOU HAVE TO GET THE CAR TYRE VALVE IN THE RIGHT POSITION ,THATS WHY I HAVE GIVEN IT FOUR STARS .VERY GOOD AND COMPACT WORKS WELL AND VERY GOOD VALUE FOR THE PRICE
on 1 August 2009
I've used it for several times. Top up car tyres to 33psi and 4 bikes to 60psi. Works fine for topping up car tyres and excellent for bikes. Designed perfectly meet the function and price. This product has been design well as it function and operation. Hose and cable docking very well designed so easy to carry or put in car boot even without the case/box.
If you are looking for emergency car tyres pressure and having problem with banding topping up your bike at petrol station, this is a highly-recommended product. Value for money.
on 22 August 2012
I bought this, to keep in the boot of the car, to use in the case of an emergency. It looks well made, and has a handy torch,plus flashing warning light built in. I tried it out, when it was delivered, just over a year ago, and it worked correctly, although the pressure gauge was inaccurate.

Today, I had occasion to use the pump, as one of my tyres had lost pressure, the compressor ran for about 4 minutes, then died. The pamphlet / instruction leaflet, stated that the compessor might stop of its own accord - if over used, but a few minutes use, not even inflating the tyre to the correct pressure, is in my mind, not fit for purpose. A poor tool, which was a waste of money.
on 3 March 2009
A friend of mine lent me one of these little machines, although it was a different brand. Being quite impressed I decided to search through Amazon and buy one. Given that similar models had bad reviews I decided to take a chance with Draper and spend a couple of pounds extra. I have other Draper product and have always found them quite reliable.

I found that it inflates at a rate of around 10 psi per 4 minutes. Given that I blew up 2 tyres with it, that took around 8 minutes. However, it is a small motor and I wouldn't have it running for more than 10 minutes at a time (max)

I have given it 5*'s as it does the job I want it to do as a tyre inflator. I cant comment what it would be like for other inflatables as I havn't tried it but it certainly does the job I bought it for.
on 28 July 2009
It is very practical because it is light & easy to carry, small [the wire & plug wraps round the base, and the tube & valve tucks inside the body], the light has 3 states - off, flashing & full on. This is rather important for working in the dark if u ever get stranded.
It works very well - pumping is quite fast. The noise takes a little getting used to.
on 29 August 2015
The pressure gauge I wouldn't trust, but I think that is a fair comment on all the analogue gauges on Chinese made inflators, you just have to work on the principle the are cheap and totally pants. The pump still works after being used possibly 20 times each year since bought in 2011, better than the Halfords boost battery/tyre inflator that died when the flimsy valves corroded and fell to bits.
on 15 May 2013
I bought this as a replacement for a Halford's air compressor. The main reason I went for this one was for the clip on tyre adaptor. The amount of times I've inflated my tyres and lost some pressure because of unscrewing was annoying.

Using this is pretty straight forward. Works off your cig lighter in the car and has more than enough power cable flex to cover front and back wheels on each side of a saloon car. Although I found the hose pipe to be a bit short if the valve is placed at the top of the tyre, I just pick it off the ground and hold it firmly in order to read the pressure gauge. It's not rocket science people...

Recommended pressures for my car is 2.1bar front, 2.5bar rear. Measuring and inflating 2.5bar is pretty easy as the gauge has increments of 0.5bar. The 2.1 measurement is mostly hit or miss. This item would get 5 stars if the gauge was digital to make it easier to read.

So far I've used it on half a dozen occasions without any problems. Had new tyres fitted from dealership which were inflated to default settings, I checked the tyres when I got back home and the gauge correctly read the above readings (2.1 was estimated) spot on.
on 23 June 2009
I have had this for around 3 months and it started off doing a really good job as my car has low profile tyres and they need to monitored frequently. Unfortunately the readings on the scale are not accurate according to the one at the petrol station... I may be unlucky
on 31 July 2009
The Draper 65958 Mini Air compressor is all that it promises and an exceptional bargain when purchased here
on 23 August 2013
I bought this to inflate my bicycle tyres, it does the job perfectly.

This is a great size and does a brilliant job of storing the long cable and air hose within and around the product.

It can be quite noisy for such a small pump and I would have liked the air hose to be a little longer.

This would fit perfectly in your boot if you want to quickly pump up your car tyres. i keep it in the shed by my bikes.