4.0 out of 5 stars TYRE INFLATOR
Published on 16 Aug 2009 by STU . H

1.0 out of 5 stars A poor tool - do not buy.
I bought this, to keep in the boot of the car, to use in the case of an emergency. It looks well made, and has a handy torch,plus flashing warning light built in. I tried it out, when it was delivered, just over a year ago, and it worked correctly, although the pressure gauge was inaccurate.

Today, I had occasion to use the pump, as one of my tyres had lost...
Published 22 months ago by Jeff

4.0 out of 5 stars TYRE INFLATOR, 16 Aug 2009
This review is from: Draper 65958 12-Volt DC Mini Air Compressor (Automotive)
BEFORE I BOUGHT THIS ITEM I LOOKED AT REVIEWS ON THE NET, AND THEY WERE ALL GOOD REVIEWS. IF YOU WANT AN EASY INFLATOR TO USE THIS IS THE ONE , ONLY THING IS ITS A BIT NOISY AND SLOW TO INFLATE THE TYRES , ALSO THE AIR HOSE IS SHORT AS YOU HAVE TO GET THE CAR TYRE VALVE IN THE RIGHT POSITION ,THATS WHY I HAVE GIVEN IT FOUR STARS .VERY GOOD AND COMPACT WORKS WELL AND VERY GOOD VALUE FOR THE PRICE

1.0 out of 5 stars A poor tool - do not buy., 22 Aug 2012
This review is from: Draper 65958 12-Volt DC Mini Air Compressor (Automotive)

Today, I had occasion to use the pump, as one of my tyres had lost pressure, the compressor ran for about 4 minutes, then died. The pamphlet / instruction leaflet, stated that the compessor might stop of its own accord - if over used, but a few minutes use, not even inflating the tyre to the correct pressure, is in my mind, not fit for purpose. A poor tool, which was a waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply works for topping up car tyres pressure, excellent for bikes., 1 Aug 2009
This review is from: Draper 65958 12-Volt DC Mini Air Compressor (Automotive)
I've used it for several times. Top up car tyres to 33psi and 4 bikes to 60psi. Works fine for topping up car tyres and excellent for bikes. Designed perfectly meet the function and price. This product has been design well as it function and operation. Hose and cable docking very well designed so easy to carry or put in car boot even without the case/box.
If you are looking for emergency car tyres pressure and having problem with banding topping up your bike at petrol station, this is a highly-recommended product. Value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical & works well, 28 July 2009
Mr. E. Lee (High Wycombe, Bucks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 65958 12-Volt DC Mini Air Compressor (Automotive)
It is very practical because it is light & easy to carry, small [the wire & plug wraps round the base, and the tube & valve tucks inside the body], the light has 3 states - off, flashing & full on. This is rather important for working in the dark if u ever get stranded.
It works very well - pumping is quite fast. The noise takes a little getting used to.

2.0 out of 5 stars Started off well but is now giving unacurate readings, 23 Jun 2009
B. Jones - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 65958 12-Volt DC Mini Air Compressor (Automotive)
I have had this for around 3 months and it started off doing a really good job as my car has low profile tyres and they need to monitored frequently. Unfortunately the readings on the scale are not accurate according to the one at the petrol station... I may be unlucky

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product!, 3 Mar 2009
Mr. A. J. Kilpatrick (Gibraltar) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 65958 12-Volt DC Mini Air Compressor (Automotive)
A friend of mine lent me one of these little machines, although it was a different brand. Being quite impressed I decided to search through Amazon and buy one. Given that similar models had bad reviews I decided to take a chance with Draper and spend a couple of pounds extra. I have other Draper product and have always found them quite reliable.

I found that it inflates at a rate of around 10 psi per 4 minutes. Given that I blew up 2 tyres with it, that took around 8 minutes. However, it is a small motor and I wouldn't have it running for more than 10 minutes at a time (max)

I have given it 5*'s as it does the job I want it to do as a tyre inflator. I cant comment what it would be like for other inflatables as I havn't tried it but it certainly does the job I bought it for.

2.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate and noisy, 27 Aug 2010
This review is from: Draper 65958 12-Volt DC Mini Air Compressor (Automotive)
This is a tidy little tool that I wasted my money on. It takes an age to add a little air while noisily jumping around like a maniac. It cannot be said to be accurate as regards car tyre pressure but may be OK for toys etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied, 12 Mar 2009
This review is from: Draper 65958 12-Volt DC Mini Air Compressor (Automotive)
I bought this mini air compressor for my grand-daughter who is taking a degree in childrens nursing and has to travel quite a lot.This compressor is excellent as it is small and easy to use.Good Value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 31 July 2009
Ian J. Morrison "ijmorri" (Maidstone) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 65958 12-Volt DC Mini Air Compressor (Automotive)
The Draper 65958 Mini Air compressor is all that it promises and an exceptional bargain when purchased here

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Draper 65958 12-Volt DC Mini Air Compressor (Automotive)
Wanted a pump for inflatables, tyres, etc., got this for hols. Didn't inflate then stopped working on first use. Had to pay for inflation at beach. Complete waste of time, money. Don't waste yours.