5.0 out of 5 stars great little airbrush
Wasn't expecting much for the money but very pleasantly surprised with this little kit.
Handy to have a couple of jars with it and the 1/4" female bsp connector screwed up to my big compressor airline no problem.
Published on 19 Oct 2010 by Sam Starr

3.0 out of 5 stars No Instructions!!
This is my first airbrush so I cannot make comparisons to any others, but I would like to highlight a few points:

The airbrush & fittings seem of a good quality for the price.

Published on 15 May 2011 by Rich

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars great little airbrush, 19 Oct 2010
Sam Starr (Northampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 25989 6-Piece Air Brush Kit (DIY & Tools)
I simply put a bit of air in my compressor air tank and ran the brush off that, I can't see a car spare tyre (that type of adapter needs to be bought separately BTW) would give you air for very long and propellant cans could get expensive, far better buying a little cheap compressor to run it off, but then that would cost far more than the brush kit.
I've also used the brush with cellulose paint and all the components seem to withstand cellulose thinner fine. All in all very impressed and so cheap.
No step by step usage or cleaning instructions, just a parts breakdown diagram, but it's not massively complex and I figured it out pretty quickly with a bit of experimentation onto a piece of card.
It's really fun spraying with too, so controlled and fine :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, Excellent Service., 14 Sep 2009
M. L. Smith (Norwich, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 25989 6-Piece Air Brush Kit (DIY & Tools)
This Spray gun was exactly what I wanted, and the price was excellent. As usual the Amazon service was second to none.
I have given the spray gun a good test, and it works well. I am very pleased with the whole transaction. Thanks.

3.0 out of 5 stars No Instructions!!, 15 May 2011
This review is from: Draper 25989 6-Piece Air Brush Kit (DIY & Tools)

The airbrush & fittings seem of a good quality for the price.

The method of attaching the paint bottle seems very hit or miss - it is held on by friction only and therefore can either fall off randomly or leave you struggling to remove it.

The spray seems fairly controllable, although I don't know how you would do fine lines.

The biggest disadvantage though - NO INSTRUCTIONS! For an airbrush aimed at beginners this seems a ridiculous omission. Draper Technical Help were unable to provide any information, and the Draper website also is lacking. I ended up trawling the web for tips on things like what air pressure to use and I have had to figure out the assembly & operation all by myself. Surely a couple of photocopied sheets covering the basics wouldn't be too much to ask!

In summary, a nice bit of kit for the price but seriously let down by lack of instructions!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 3 Dec 2012
This review is from: Draper 25989 6-Piece Air Brush Kit (DIY & Tools)
I have used air brushes for over twenty years as a sculpter this air brush is perfect for my particular use as back ground spray

4.0 out of 5 stars It's fine but needs instructions, 28 Sep 2012
F. Odds - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Draper 25989 6-Piece Air Brush Kit (DIY & Tools)
I recently resprayed my MGB at home (against all the advice of friends smarter than myself!). After a lot of learning by doing I've ended up with a good-looking paint job, but a couple of tiny spots had blemishes. I figured an airbrush would be ideal for touching up and bought the Draper kit in the knowledge that others had been critical of its quality.

The good news is that it has worked just fine for the touch-up job. I've used it to spray automotive cellulose paint, driven from quite a large garage compressor. The compressor connection supplied was a perfect fit. The air-feed tubing screwed to the brush just fine, and the bottle of paint was only a push fit so I worked by holding the paint pot firmly in one hand and guiding the brush gently with the other. I regulated the air pressure directly from the compressor. The job was completed quickly and the components cleaned easily with standard cellulose thinners, to which the components seem to be resilient.

The big downside, as others have commented, is the absence of instructions. It's not too difficult to figure out how to couple the air feed and paint bottles, but I think the bottle is supposed to be screwed in place with the spanner supplied -- I couldn't achieve this. And I haven't the faintest idea how the 'propel regulator valve' is intended to fit into the system.

Bottom line: the airbrush kit is excellent when used in the way I've described and with a compressor that has a 1/4-inch male connector. Absence of instructions precludes a 5-star rating.

3.0 out of 5 stars gun works well but fittings are cheap., 16 Feb 2010
This review is from: Draper 25989 6-Piece Air Brush Kit (DIY & Tools)
the airbrush works perfectly , but i had to change out the fittings that came with it.

i even had to change over the tubing due to its awkward size ( its far too small ).
the problem lies in the fittings going to and from the gun. they are very small and the tube wouldnt
stay on the gun or the connection end when pressure was applied. it just slipped off the socket.
and i couldnt find anything that would keep it on ( like a hose clip etc ) as it was too small and brittle.

if you buy this gun, ( and i think you should as it does spray really nice and the atomisation is good ) ,
bring it to your local hardware store and change out the fittings there and then. this way you'll know that when you get
home it'll work perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Kit, 17 April 2011
This review is from: Draper 25989 6-Piece Air Brush Kit (DIY & Tools)
Very easy to use, works well with my compressor set at 3 bar although I am not sure it would do that well on some of the smaller models around. It sprays well at up to 50mm pattern and is easy to clean after use, just make sure you do not loose any of the bits. Does what it claims to do, very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Draper 25989 6-Piece Air Brush Kit (DIY & Tools)
I bought this to replace my old air brush which cost a lot more and have found this to be easier to use. its easy to adjust the spray pattern and control the amount of paint you lay on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin..., 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Draper 25989 6-Piece Air Brush Kit (DIY & Tools)
Standard airbrush that does all you would expect for the price. Prefer the gravity-fed models for less cleaning and general maintenance.

5.0 out of 5 stars AFTER SALES, 9 Feb 2011
This review is from: Draper 25989 6-Piece Air Brush Kit (DIY & Tools)
THE FIRST AIR BRUSH DID NOT WORK,I CONTACTED DRAPER AND RECIEVED THE MOST KIND AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICE,THEY
QUICKLY SENT A REPLACMENT NO HASSLE,WHY WOULD I NOT CONTINUE TO PURCHASE DRAPER PRODUCTS.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›