5.0 out of 5 stars Draper Impact Screwdriver
I recently attempted to start doing some work on my Kawasaki ZZR600. I was using a normal screwdriver and the screw started to round. This was the first screw as well to add to my frustration. I stopped rounding the screw and looked up some ways of getting the screw out. I heard that the impact screwdriver could be the answer i was looking for. I took a risk and bought...
Published on 9 Aug 2010 by Sy

3.0 out of 5 stars meaty
purchased to remove stubborn screws covered in paint from door hinges , its a decent enough tool , feels robust and does the job with ease ,the only criticism is that some of the bits are a bit big and i dont have a use for them , the phillips bits are a useful size , the flat bits ok but had to grind one down to fit the screw slot , star bits are too big for my use but...
Published on 2 Nov 2010 by Mr. J. Fulton

4.0 out of 5 stars quality product, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Draper Expert 22322 12-Piece Impact Screwdriver Set (DIY & Tools)
Nice bit of kit solid well made does the job no complaints.
as small impact drivers go it's just what you want, i used it to loosen a stubborn bolt on my motorbike did the trick

5.0 out of 5 stars Job done, 9 May 2013
After spending ages trying to remove screw, this did the job in a couple of blows. Now an important part of my tool box wish I had bought one before

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Tool, 18 April 2013
I had one of these years ago but lost it recently.

An essential tool for anyone who works on their cars, also good for DIY jobs around the home. The fat grip makes it easier to use than conventinal screwdrivers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Driver gets confused as to direction..., 12 Jan 2013
I purchased this item to remove a stuck screw in an oak gate fixing. It eventually did the job but every few whacks with the hammer it reset itself to screwing 'in' rather than 'out' - just remember to keep checking the direction it is turning. Not sure if this is just a 'friday afternoon job' that I have bought or whether this is a general failing. Can't see myself using this very often but useful to have on the odd occasion it is needed. The case will close if you tilt it away from you and exert gentle pressure - not a brilliant design though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impact screwdriver, 9 Jan 2013
Item seems ok for the amateur. Would not recommend it for the professional car mechanic. The case is a bit cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Draper Impact Screwdriver, 7 Aug 2012
Bryn Davies (Taunton, Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this driver as I'm restoring a 30 year old motorbike - it's bound to have stuck screws at some point, and even if not, it's one of those tools that I know I'll need in the future because there've been occasions in the past when it'd have been handy!

It's solidly built and was inexpensive and arrived promptly, and I find Draper products to be pretty good.

I always read previous customer reviews when buying items like this, particularly the bad ones in case there are points I haven't thought about that I should bare in mind, and this appeared to be well thought-of by most customers. The opinion one reviewer wrote saying it didn't fit in its tin seems inaccurate - it comes with an assortment of different driver bits - some are narrow (flat-head bits) and others are fatter (phillips-head bits). The tin will close if you arrange those bits correctly around the driver. I'll concede that perhaps a slightly bigger tin would alleviate this issue altogether.

Overall, I think it's a great product that I can't see letting me down - thumbs up from me!! (If it falls apart 1st time I use it, you can be sure I'll amend this review!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Draper Expert 22322 impact driver, 22 July 2012
Item arrived very quickly and is of good quality, I've had a screw plug thats been seized in the rear brake caliper of my motorbike for sometime,the head was chewed and the plug wouldnt loosen after many attempts, thought I would try one of these as a last resort before taking it to a mechanic.2 taps with a hammer later and the screw plug was loose and out, its a great item to have in your tool box. I have to agree though with some of the other reviewers about the storage case,it is very hard to close with the screwdriver bits inside and is a bad design,dont let that put you off though still a great item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Piece Of Kit, 14 Jun 2012
I was having major snags removing the retaining screws from the brake discs on the car, so much so that the heads on the screws were almost totally rounded off. I bought the impact driver as a last resort before admitting defeat and taking the car to a mechanic. Five minutes after using the driver, the discs were off and new ones fitted. Well chuffed to say the least. It was easy to use, feels very robust and the concise instructions are easy to follow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 30 May 2012
Ok this does the job. I bought it to remove some seized s/s screws in an aluminium mast. If you start off fairly patiently and then get going it doesn't take the screw head off. Dunno how I managed without one all these years.

It can undo screws and bolts (although the screws will have to be fairly deep cut if they are slot ones as the bits are pretty thick. I plan to file one of the bits down to allow me to us it on smaller screws.

Why 4 stars? The system of reversing it seems a bit iffy but I'm sure most of us will buy it to undo screws/bolts and it seems to be in that mode already. You needs this tool believe me!

5.0 out of 5 stars draper impact driver, 30 July 2011
since purchasing impact driver ive used at least 5 times and amazed how good it is and got to be one of my better purchases ive bought online so Thanks