4.0 out of 5 stars great collection of shorts
This volume contains four shorts relating to Ollie's love life and marriage.

The first short is where Ollie is rejected by his love Jean Harlow and he and Laurel decide to join the foreign legion.

Published on 4 July 2012 by Shak. I

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty goods
The dvd is defective and will not play. The only thing happening is the screen pixilates and the film will not play
Published 20 months ago by stephen paul reynolds

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars great collection of shorts, 4 July 2012
This review is from: Laurel & Hardy Volume 4 - Ollie and Matrimony/Classic Shorts [DVD] (DVD)
This volume contains four shorts relating to Ollie's love life and marriage.

Second short features Ollie trying to elope with James Finlayson's daughter. The highlight is when Ollie and his much overweight wife-to-be try to fit into a small car to run away.

Third short features Ollie calling his reliable friend Laurel to help him clean the mess he made the previous night from a wild party before his wife comes home.

Fourth short has Ollie about to get married and Laurel shows up with an addictive puzzle as a present to him. Soon everyone including Ollie himself get down to solving the puzzle while Ollie's bride is waiting for him!

Overall a great collection of funny shorts.

5.0 out of 5 stars L&H Collection, 3 Jun. 2013
Box in great condition and disc in great condition but they ruined it by putting a coloured version with the black and white version.
When you choose which episode you want to watch you have a choice either the original black and white or colour. (It's up to you)

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 nice comedy sketches, 23 May 2011
I've watched this volume, all the 4 sketches are found on the disk. It's very enjoyable, this is comedy and I enjoy it, it is not like in modern "comedy" with which I never find myself amused. These 4 sketches made me laugh, they made 2 days more happier for me. If I recommend it? Absolutely, you can enjoy a few minutes of comedy a few minutes by day. The children will be more impressed by it though :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Comedy, 3 Feb. 2010
Fantastic - could watch 'em all day long. And no swearing - how refreshing. I would definitely recommend this DVD for young and old alike

4.0 out of 5 stars Laurel & Hardy DVDs, 5 Jan. 2012
A. Halliday (London England) - See all my reviews
I wanted something different for a present and these have fitted the bill just right. I bought two of each so I could keep a set as well and have found them very good value, especially as most have a colour enhanced version as well as the original black and white which turned out to be a big bonus. Can heartily recommend these films.

Angela H.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laurel & Hardy Volume 4. Very good, so amusing timeless comedy., 25 Feb. 2013
I am a confirmed fan of the boys and don't even mind the colorized versions that have been made available on the D.V.D. One small grumble, I found that the booklet with information about release dates i.e. 1932. 1934. was missing from the D.V.D. otherwise a quality presentation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as I remember it, 14 April 2013
I bought this dvd as these are the most memorable shorts for me and they are just as I remembered from years gone by when we used to get regular screenings of Laurel and Hardy on TV. Totally brilliant and I'm sure I'll watch them time and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tan & Ollie Classic, 2 Jun. 2014
I bought this because of 'Me and My Pal.' I think this is great. I've seen it many times before but it still makes me laugh out loud. THe other stories on the DVD are great too. Just what I wanted. Super fast delivery too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good laugh., 14 Aug. 2013
Pleased with this DVD. As usual, silly comedy, slapstick fun. If you want the type of film, that you don't have to think too much about, this is it. As I said, silly fun, but funny non the less.

5.0 out of 5 stars They were both delighted!, 1 Sept. 2014
Bought two copies of two volumes one each for my Son and Daughter as they had fond memories of a couple of episodes one on each of the volumes. They were both delighted!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›