4.0 out of 5 stars Bean Cutter
Published on 24 Sept. 2010 by MoggyD

3.0 out of 5 stars Runner Bean Slicer
This gadget is okay but I am not sure it adds a huge amount of utility to what I would deem the traditional type of slicer that my mum used to use.

Published on 11 Jun. 2010 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Bean Cutter, 24 Sept. 2010
This is the third one of these I have bought. Not because they break but when I lend it to someone it seems to get lost! It is a really good tool which tops and tails the beans and then you can cut them into slices of just the right thickness with the stringy bits falling away from the sides of the cutter. It is easy to use its only problem being it doesn't deal well with thick old beans or with really bent ones but for all that I wouldn't be without it in my kitchen.

3.0 out of 5 stars Runner Bean Slicer, 11 Jun. 2010
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

It features a blade at the top, which enables you to chop the ends off of the beans. The beans are then passed through a sliding spacer into more blades that both strip the edges from the bean as it passes through and cuts it into strips as you do so. If the bean is stringy or too wide, it won't go through the mechanism - the traditional slicers stop stringy beans but are able to cope with larger beans than this slicer.

I found it a little tricky to use initially, but I soon got the hang of it and I ended up with nicely chopped beans in a short amount of time. I suppose the integral blade to remove the ends helps speed up the process, but you can achieve much the same using a knife (it just takes a bit more time) and I never was all that bothered about removing the edges. I suppose it is okay, but I'm sentimental and would prefer to use my mum's traditional slicer instead - if I hadn't given it to my sister.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best gadget, 2 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Krisk Bean Stringer and Slicer (Kitchen & Home)
This bean slicer has to be the best invention. It's a pleasure to use and vey efficient too. The stringy bits fly out at the sides for easy removal, leaving lovely long spaghetti strands of ready to cook bean. I would not reccomend this for pods with huge beans inside, but you probably wouldn't want to eat such a mature bean anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little gadget, 6 July 2010
Sid Nuncius (London) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Krisk Bean Stringer and Slicer (Kitchen & Home)
I have owned one of these for many, many years and have just had to replace my original which finally disintegrated. It's a brilliant device for preparing runner beans - simple and efficient, it leaves you with perfectly sliced beans with the strings removed. I wouldn't be without one, and I'd recommend it very warmly.

5.0 out of 5 stars could demonstrate item all day, 17 July 2010
This review is from: Krisk Bean Stringer and Slicer (Kitchen & Home)
this product is worth every penny...wish i could be employed to demonstrate it.Took it into work ,with beans,and now will buy for workmates...

5.0 out of 5 stars Bean stringer review, 9 Aug. 2009
Mr. Michael Byrne (UK. Glos City rules) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Krisk Bean Stringer and Slicer (Kitchen & Home)
fantastic gadget. Best kitchen toy, I've every bought. Real fun and useful. I really does works. Bought my daughter one the same day, and she loves it as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Runner Bean Slicer, 10 Jun. 2010
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing to come out of Australia since Rolf, 7 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Krisk Bean Stringer and Slicer (Kitchen & Home)
This product makes stringing & slicing runner beans a doddle. I've used other beans slicers and the job is long and laborious, & they never actually do a great job as you have to trim & slice the sides off the beans before running them through the slicers. The Krisk bean slicer does everything with a blade at the top to top & tail the beans before running them through the sharp slicer, which strings them as you slice, no need to have an knife handy & keep putting down one thing & picking up another to finish the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Krisk Bean Slicer, 25 Sept. 2010
The bean slicer does exactly what it should. The only problem is if the beans have been left on the plant too long and grow too tough and tough.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best bean slicer, 30 Oct. 2011
My old slicer, which I had had for some years, finally broke. I was so pleased to find this slicer was still available. It not only manages to slice extra big beans but also removes the 'strings' on the outside. For added value it has a a 'top and tail' slices on it as well.

Krisk Bean Stringer and Slicer