5.0 out of 5 stars An excelent tool.......
With most tools, it's worth paying a little extra for quality.

Having looked at (not that much cheaper) saws in local diy emporiums, I decide to see what else was available.
Published on 6 May 2010 by JimC

3.0 out of 5 stars Apart from that a good
The blade tensioners thread stripped after many months the design is far to complicated so a replacement is fairly expensive and hard to find I will not be buying another one . Apart from that a good saw
Published 5 months ago by Charles Rubidge

5.0 out of 5 stars An excelent tool......., 6 May 2010
JimC (W Mids, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bahco 10-30-23 Bowsaw 30In (DIY & Tools)
With most tools, it's worth paying a little extra for quality.

I've always held Bacho tools in high regard, so was pleased to find this saw at a good price - when it arrived, I was immediately impressed with the build and design, there are bow saws and good bow saws - the Bacho is one of the latter.

I hate the usual 'finger trapping' blade tensioner, hence was pleased to find a screw tensioning device - another plus point is the decent hand grip and knuckle protector, which seems well made.

I'd planned to get a 24 inch saw, but as the 30 was actually a little cheaper I went for that, and don't regret the decision - on thicker timber it makes all the difference. The Bacho blade goes through green wood like no other I've used and the edge seems to last pretty well.

Having spent a few hours cutting green firewood (up to about 10 inch diameter) all I can say it's a pleasure to use a tool that works as it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bahco 10-30-23 Bowsaw 30In, 11 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Bahco 10-30-23 Bowsaw 30In (DIY & Tools)
I ordered the saw off the recommendations of other buyers on amazon, the item arrived very promply and well packaged. I am very pleased indeed, the saw was like a knife through butter, it is well worth the money.
The saw is very well constructed & the blade is wide enough not to buckle or wander.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tree saw, 19 Jan. 2010
John Kingston (Bournemouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bahco 10-30-23 Bowsaw 30In (DIY & Tools)
Having struggled with an old pruning saw, this was a revelation. A pleasure to use and excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars saws, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Bahco 10-30-23 Bowsaw 30In (DIY & Tools)
I got this saw to cut down the large conifirs in my garden, it proved to be all it was stated, very sharp and the twist screw on the blade is a good idea, its the best saw I have got to date, the only problem, and this is down to myself, is the 30" model is to big when up the tree, if you intend to go over head hight, get the 24" model

5.0 out of 5 stars Bahco 30 inch bowsaw, 12 May 2012
This review is from: Bahco 10-30-23 Bowsaw 30In (DIY & Tools)
Excellent saw for heavy timbers.
Used to cut railway sleepers which it does with ease.
Lives up to product description.

5.0 out of 5 stars Little tip..., 23 Jan. 2013
Mr. Andrew Meth-cohn "Andrew MC" (Cumbria UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bahco 10-30-23 Bowsaw 30In (DIY & Tools)
As said previous this is a great saw, and is very fast.

Some people have mention the blade twisting under load and/or the cut not going straight. If you just let the saw do the work rather than pushing down on the blade it resolves both these problems.

Very please with purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bow Saw, 28 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Bahco 10-30-23 Bowsaw 30In (DIY & Tools)
I needed to cut down a fairly solid 20ft tree, so after a little research I bought this saw, I also bought a spare blade because of the amount of sawing involved, not just cutting the tree down but also sawing the tree into car boot sized bits (there's more tree in a tree than you think, I know it sounds mad but its true) anyway the saw behaved perfectly, the blade was very sharp, as you would expect but it remained sharp throughout, so much so I didn't need the spare blade, if you have to cut a tree down and need a tool that will do the job then the Bahco 30in saw is the one to go for.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have found this to be a fantastic tool and worth every penny, 20 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Bahco 10-30-23 Bowsaw 30In (DIY & Tools)
I have found this to be a fantastic tool and worth every penny. I bought it as I need to saw up a lot of logs for our wood burner. I considered buying a chainsaw, but I'm very glad I saved my money. It was promptly delivered and well packaged. The blade is very easy to fit and to tension.

I find the cutting performance to be easy and thorough on both old dry logs and fresh new ones. I've been using it a lot and it is still sharp and cuts brilliantly. I'm not exactly strong, but I find this saw easy to use, it is extremely sharp and well balanced, so I don't have to apply much pressure.
The blade can get a bit sticky after a while, but I just apply a bit of oil to the blade.

So, if you've got a lot of wood to cut then don't waste money on a chainsaw, buy this surprisingly brilliant tool for the job instead. Based on my experience with it, I cannot recommend this bow saw strongly enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Saw, 6 Dec. 2011
Stuart Durrant (Berkshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bahco 10-30-23 Bowsaw 30In (DIY & Tools)
This is a big saw! Very sharp blade which does flex quite a lot which I found a nuisance.

I cut down two thirty foot trees with saw with no difficulty.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE bow saw, 17 April 2012
Alan T. Lovegreen "GM4FLX" (Lochwinnoch, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bahco 10-30-23 Bowsaw 30In (DIY & Tools)
I set out to find this particular make of bow saw because in the middle of an awkward job a few weeks back a colleague lent me one and everything about it was right. You will only know this if you have grown up with saws and have had some duff ones. So what is different about particular one? Firstly it has a very simple thumbscrew method of tightening the blade to get the tension just right for the job. It is not a one size fits all system. It is totally variable. Next in order to reacte to that tension one needs a strong frame and Bhaco have provided this is a deep elliptical tube section frame. Then to add a touch of comfort they provide you with a good handle. You have choice of blades but what comes with the tool is likely to be right for you. Very very sharp, almost all teeth and nothing to spare which is fine because you will not be working against much friction due to too wide a blade face.

This bow saw is a masterpiece of value engineering. Buy one and you will be pleased, Take care of it, clean it, give the blade a wipe with an oily rag. Keep your hands away from the teeth, make sure you put the guard onto the blade when the tool is not in use and enjoy using and the pleasure of having it.

Bahco  10-30-23 Bowsaw 30In