5.0 out of 5 stars these are great!
Published on 22 Sep 2009 by Green Book Addict Librarian

3.0 out of 5 stars A necessity when you have a strimmer
They don't last long but better than the spool method I find
What more can I say
A good buy
Published 10 months ago by Denis M. Murphy

5.0 out of 5 stars these are great!, 22 Sep 2009
This review is from: Black & Decker A6487 10X3MM Insert Line GL680/685/690 (DIY & Tools)
Used to be able to get them locally but now the DIY shops all want to sell their own branded products and these heavy duty strips are no longer available locally for me. I was really pleased to find them listed on Amazon when I googled as I really didn't expect that so I stocked up on a few packets just in case they disappeared. Purchased via the marketplace from Buckingham Nurseries who were very quick to send them out in the mail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 26 Oct 2008
C. Hatfield (Leafy Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Seeing as I seem to have a lot of tough weeds, not to mention many years of hidden metal toys, such that I go through a lot of these lines, I was glad to find this pack at such a reasonable price.

A word of warning, by the way this is not 10 metre line as advertised in the text. Look at the picture, they're fixed length line inserts for the listed models.

5.0 out of 5 stars Identical replacement part x 10, 30 May 2014
Cheaper than I've paid for the same line at B&Q, etc....
Would recommend these insert lines to anyone who prefers them to spool line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 25 Jun 2012
Rpr Brocklehurst "Brockle" (England) - See all my reviews
If you have some places in the garden that the mower will not get to use one of these. A fence is one if the best places to use them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Goodbye bump feed line, hello fixed line inserts, 9 Jun 2010
Having struggled with the bump feed system which uses a spool of line and forever getting tangled up, I decided to give these a go. My Black and Decker strimmer comes with the cap to fit these but I had lost it, so had to buy from spares store, really pleased with it now, I've been using the same line for about 3 months now and still going strong, easily strong enough to strim around trampolines/summer houses etc, because the line is much thicker it won't get tangled in obstacles or snap, also finishes edges around boundaries really easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 15 Jun 2014
After not being able to find this item in DIY stores I was pleased to be able to purchase them on line, this mean I do not have to purchase a news strimmer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks Amazon, 11 Jun 2014
Does the job great price. I was very alarmed when I went back to homebase to be told the product had been discontinued.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the spool!, 4 Jun 2014
I have read other reviews and I agree with the insert line being better than the spool. I have had a strimmer for some years and it came included with the spool and a holder for the insert line. I do not use the spool as it keeps getting tangled. The insert line does the job. They do not last very long, but as long as you avoid hard objects, e.g. bricks, fencing, then the line can last a bit longer as it does not 'wear out' as quick. I have a large garden (130 ft) and this helps to trim my edges. They are also value for money as the last pack I bought lasted five years, and I mow my lawn every two weeks during the spring/summer period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 28 May 2014
A good product - arrived on time in an excessively large box, As strimmer blades go it's certainly better than other products I have bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to the spool!!!, 20 April 2014
I used to use a spool, which kept unwinding and I'd be lucky to mow my smallish lawn 3 times with it. As the spool would unwind, my lawn would be peppered with little blue bits. Basically a nightmare.

These heavy duty individual line inserts are the best alternative. They don't fall out or unwind etc.

Only down side: in some places my lawn runs up against a wall and these lines get worn out quite quickly against the stonework, but still much better than the infuriating spool