5.0 out of 5 stars super spud baker
this potato baker is really strong,much stronger than others i,ve had. i looked all over the place to get one for quite a few weeks then i spotted one at amazon. would definately recommend it.
Published on 20 Dec. 2011 by SUZY Q

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured
The potato baker I received di not match this picture. I chose it for the long handle and the uplifted base. What I received was a short handle and flat base.
Published 21 months ago by flower

5.0 out of 5 stars super spud baker, 20 Dec. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooks in half the normal time, 10 Jun. 2012
rossyb (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Potato Baker (Kitchen & Home)
I had one of these years ago so was really pleased to come across them on Amazon. All you do is pop your washed potatoes onto the spikes and put in oven. They cook in half the time evenly all through without that nasty little bit that never seems to cook properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best potatoes ever!!, 5 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Potato Baker (Kitchen & Home)
This little piece of metal is absolutely brilliant. We looove the results. Soak them a bit in water afterwards and it cleans easily. Soooooo worth the money. For all who loves a jacket potato...buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, 3 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Potato Baker (Kitchen & Home)
I am very impressed with this, it cooked 3 large jacket potatoes very quickly, evenly and they were delicious, hot and fluffy. It washes well and it folds flat - brilliant. I took a chance and bought one for my aunt and am so glad I do not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 13 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Potato Baker (Kitchen & Home)
The reason for buying the Kitchen Craft Potato Baker was simply to cut down on the cooking time required in the oven. This nifty item does the trick and the quality of the baking is not impaired in the slightest. There is still the fluffiness of the potato with a nice crispy skin. Definitely one to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars potato baking spikes, 22 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Potato Baker (Kitchen & Home)
Much the same as the last one we had which lasted for over twenty years. A very functional and well made product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time saver., 6 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Potato Baker (Kitchen & Home)
I have had for many years some jacket potato pins which my pen friend in the US gave me over 40 years ago and unfortunately I forgot I had them in the washing up bowl. When I emptied it I lost 2 down the plug hole but managed to save 1 but the other one is stuck in the u bend so I'm left with 3! Had never seen them over here although there was no cause to but looked on Amazon as you do and lo and behold these came up. I am really pleased with them and they do the job admirably and have cut the cooking time down. They arrived on time,packaging was ok and at least they sent through the letter box easily. I have only one little moan and that is that you have to either remove or lower a shelf in the oven as these stand up whereas with the pins the potatoes laid down and you could cook something else at the same time. Not disappointed though,splendid answer to my loss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speed up baking or steaming, 26 Dec. 2012
Book-worm (Abingdon, Oxon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Potato Baker (Kitchen & Home)
This aluminium device is great at getting heat into the centre of any root-vegetables cooked by oven baking or steaming in a pressure cooker - reducing cooking times significantly. It is robustly built and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Potao Baker, 9 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Potato Baker (Kitchen & Home)
we had lost our old potato baker and didn't think we would find another, suprise, found it on Amazon.Much better than our old one, stronger and holds 2 potatoes without falling over, easy to clean and folds away neatly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product AND WORKS IN THE MICROWAVE!!!! (Shame Amazon makes this review worthless for Kitchen Craft), 12 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Potato Baker (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this for my Microwave despite it being metal.

You can see my question enquiring about the microwave on the product page. The answers were mixed and none really gave me the green light.

So with it being cheap to buy and some reviews pointing out this is a quality build, I bought one to see for myself.

I put two large potatoes on it (two are needed for balance) after using a fork to perforate the skin all over (spuds explode in microwaves without the skin perforated).

In my 950watt microwave I put them in for 9 minutes on full power.

I took them out and cut them in half. The whole potato was fluffy and soft except for the very middle of each which was getting there but needed 3 more minutes.

So the next day I did the same and put them in for 12 mins and they were perfect throughout. Absolutely spot on with taste and texture.

As for it being metal and being in a microwave. There was not one spark during either test. I confirm this works great in a microwave. It behaves just like it was made of plastic. I am pleased I took the gamble, it gives me a 12 minute yummy option for lunches or supper.

It also lets me tell you it works fine in a microwave. Well my one anyway which is 11 years old.

NOTE: I see Amazon again have not given me a verified purchase option for this product. It makes it look like I am the seller writing a fake review. I find this behaviour by Amazon to be dumb, it just stops reviews being credible which in turn reduces sales ... and don't sellers pay Amazon a fee to feature their product????? ..... I hope the seller sees this review and rethinks that fee they pay. (I contact Amazon about the verified purchase option being missing and they just make excuses and leave it unresolved with no real explanation ... it's just prattle really).

Kitchen Craft Potato Baker