5.0 out of 5 stars Gas Reducer Ring
Pretty simple device and accomplishes what it sets out to do. The ring comes with some sort of manufacturing grease on it which could be the cause of the smoking that some reviewers mentioned, what I did was wash it in hot soapy water for a bit and it was fine.
Published on 2 July 2010 by Naz

2.0 out of 5 stars Item excellent, postage ridiculous
This little trivet is lightweight, simple and effective. It works not only on gas hobs but camping stoves such as the MSR Whisperlite, making it possible to use a solo espresso Biaggio machine, and so a perfect coffee, while in the wilds. The only down side is that the surface will rust very quickly - within 24hrs - if any water that touches it is not dried off...
Published on 14 April 2012 by Geraint Smith

‹ Previous | 1 2 350 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but rusts after a while, 22 Jun. 2011
Nothern Climes (Yorkshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring (Kitchen & Home)
In keeping with the majority of reviewers, we like this ring as we've not (yet!) tipped the espresso maker over whilst using it on our gas hob. Scalding coffee over the kitchen was the reason we got the reducer ring in the first place and it certainly does the job. Ours doesn't clip to the hob thingy either - it just sort of rests on top.

However, now that we've had it about 8 months (and we use it about once a fortnight on average), it's clearly started to show signs of rusting. We've not used abrasive cleaner on it (just Eco-friendly washing-up liquid) and in fact on many occasions after use (bc it only got hot - not dirty), we've just let it cool before stowing it back in the drawer, so the reason for the rusting is not clear.

Not being overly concerned with "new-looking" things, we're not really fussed, but maybe there's a better product out there that'll look good for longer.

Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars does exactly what it should, 5 Jan. 2010
light (brighton) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this because I moved house and the new cooker has rings that are all too large for my small bialetti mocha pot, my larger mocha pot (9 cup) also sometimes tipped over on this new hob which was very frustrating. This little gizmo is great - at first I thought it was a bit flimsy for the price and it does only attach to my two smallest rings (but I think the hob must be quite unusual as I have never had this problem before)but it works!! I have also used it so that small milk pans etc are also more stable on the cooker. The first two times I used it some slightly toxic smell came off the ring (probably the paint) but it has been fine since.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal., 19 Aug. 2011
Had bought a new cooker but the coffee pot we have was too small for the flame. Saw this on Amazon,so rather than buy a new bigger pot went for this and it has proved ideal. Recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars gas ring reducer, 9 Dec. 2013
the ring went out of shape & buckled after the first use. now it does not sit on the hob without moving, very dangerous with hot coffee pot on it

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice heat spreader pity it does not last, 9 April 2013
The silver plating has come off will not by this on again will try --- Gabbiano Gas Stove Reducer Ring from Amazon.

All one needs a pan support that does not go rusty, why bother when the seller does not reply.

He is right the postage is rediculous

4.0 out of 5 stars gas reducer ring, 26 Mar. 2009
T. Brown (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring (Kitchen & Home)
gave off a noxious smell the first few times it was used, but apart from that i've had no issues. with regards to holding it's shape, it seems fine to me but i only use it on a small gas hob at a relatively low heat with a small cafetiere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading picture, 11 July 2011
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring (Kitchen & Home)
This item looks black in picture and that is why I ordered it, as I have a black hob, but when it arrived it was silver coloured. Although it does exactly what it is supposed to, it very quickly discoloured so cannot be left on hob as looks unattractive. If it was brought out in black I would definitely re order as long as it proved to keep its colour.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 3 Oct. 2010
This does what it says on the tin and makes a small saucepan safe to use on my gas hob. Without it it would be very unsteady and with it it becomes stable and safe to use. It is a good value product, however I would like to see this produced in a metal that stayed looking good after several uses and I wouldn't mind paying a lot extra for this as this one looks patchy even after cleaning. But safety first and for the money: It's a great product.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit on the light side.., 7 July 2011
Mr. G Brown "STRUTH" (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring (Kitchen & Home)
This reducer was cheap and works quite well. However, it says in the description that it weighs 5 kg, which was obviously unlikely, but was expecting cast iron, not cheap alloy.
It also acquired a white bloom straight away which is more an irritant than anything.

Overall 3 out of 5...

3.0 out of 5 stars after a week of use., 3 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring (Kitchen & Home)
This reducer ring is cheap, lightweight and does the job. The minus points are that it began to sag in the centre from the heat of the gas burner after being used twice. This does not seem to be affecting its performnce. On the plus side I suppose the fact that it is lightweight means that the heat goes directly to the espresso maker and is not spent heating the ring up. My gas burner has protrusions at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock and though it does not fit snugly and can move around it is reasonably stable. I do not remove it from the gas ring and just put pots accross it with no problem as it is quite thin. It may not last forever but is cheap and does the job well. I hope this is useful.

‹ Previous | 1 2 350 | Next ›