5.0 out of 5 stars Gas Reducer Ring
Pretty simple device and accomplishes what it sets out to do. The ring comes with some sort of manufacturing grease on it which could be the cause of the smoking that some reviewers mentioned, what I did was wash it in hot soapy water for a bit and it was fine.
Published on 2 July 2010 by Naz

2.0 out of 5 stars Size matters
Published on 5 Oct 2011 by Robert

5.0 out of 5 stars Gas Reducer Ring, 2 July 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Gas reducer ring, 21 Sep 2010
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring (Kitchen & Home)
For years I have tried to replace my old gas ring reducer which somebody threw out! This one is even better than the last and it is great for stabalising my esspresso coffee pot & small milk pan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 31 Jan 2010
J. Watts - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring (Kitchen & Home)
I Am very happy with the reducer ring but it did need a slight modification to sit solid and firmly over the four supports on the cooker top ie grooving out the under side of the ring to sit over the supports otherwise very good .

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply does the job, 27 Oct 2009
A. Macleod - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring (Kitchen & Home)
Practical effective solution to the problem of small pans on rocky gas rings. First class device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin, 18 Dec 2008
Stephen Newton (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring (Kitchen & Home)
I was gutted when I got a new gas hob and the rings were too big to balance my espresso maker. Seven months on I'm still using this ring reducer, which does exactly what it says on the tin and could not be easier to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - does exactly what I wanted it to, 4 Aug 2010
S. Leslie - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring (Kitchen & Home)
This item is excellent - does exactly what I wanted. Makes the ring smaller and enables me to make coffee properly again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but rusts after a while, 22 Jun 2011
Nothern Climes (Yorkshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring (Kitchen & Home)
In keeping with the majority of reviewers, we like this ring as we've not (yet!) tipped the espresso maker over whilst using it on our gas hob. Scalding coffee over the kitchen was the reason we got the reducer ring in the first place and it certainly does the job. Ours doesn't clip to the hob thingy either - it just sort of rests on top.

However, now that we've had it about 8 months (and we use it about once a fortnight on average), it's clearly started to show signs of rusting. We've not used abrasive cleaner on it (just Eco-friendly washing-up liquid) and in fact on many occasions after use (bc it only got hot - not dirty), we've just let it cool before stowing it back in the drawer, so the reason for the rusting is not clear.

Not being overly concerned with "new-looking" things, we're not really fussed, but maybe there's a better product out there that'll look good for longer.

Hope this helps!

5.0 out of 5 stars does exactly what it should, 5 Jan 2010
light (brighton) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this because I moved house and the new cooker has rings that are all too large for my small bialetti mocha pot, my larger mocha pot (9 cup) also sometimes tipped over on this new hob which was very frustrating. This little gizmo is great - at first I thought it was a bit flimsy for the price and it does only attach to my two smallest rings (but I think the hob must be quite unusual as I have never had this problem before)but it works!! I have also used it so that small milk pans etc are also more stable on the cooker. The first two times I used it some slightly toxic smell came off the ring (probably the paint) but it has been fine since.

2.0 out of 5 stars Size matters, 5 Oct 2011
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring (Kitchen & Home)
The Kitchen craft Gas Ring Reducer looks like a good product and has had some good reviews. But beware, the diameter of the reducer is not stated. If your cooker has an opening over the gas burners exceeding 12.25 cm, you will have a problem with this item. It is too small. Kitchen Craft will not give any positive advise other than to tell you that it is their largest. This might have been acceptable customer service in 1850, but today it is cynical and unsatisfactory. So caveat emptor.

4.0 out of 5 stars gas reducer ring, 26 Mar 2009
T. Brown (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring (Kitchen & Home)
gave off a noxious smell the first few times it was used, but apart from that i've had no issues. with regards to holding it's shape, it seems fine to me but i only use it on a small gas hob at a relatively low heat with a small cafetiere.

Kitchen Craft Le'Xpress Gas Reducer Ring