on 22 October 2011
Compared with the many expensive super automated coffee makers available, this simple gadget which goes on a hob, is very good value. It makes excellent coffee - depending on the quality and quantity of the coffee you put in. I have had several over the years. The size indication is a joke though. My new 9 cup (tiny espresso cups?) machine makes four cups but how big is a cup? Do check the ml figure before you buy. The design is the same for all sizes but the quality is a bit hit and miss. The new silicone washer seals better than the old sort, but if you tighten the two parts too tightly to prevent seepage as pressure builds up, you might use the handle as lever and if you do this, it will ultimately lead to the end: the handle breaks off. I am very happy with this one. Hopefully all new production is of this quality.
on 12 August 2010
You get a lot of cups out of this but it is what you would expect for the cheapest listing of its type: Fairly rough cast with a leaky seal that eminates steam like an old coal train. It does work fine though and I have grown quite attached to it in a total ilogical way. You cant complain for the money so I wont.
on 18 December 2010
This product didn't work - the steam escaped so that it never built up enough pressure to actually brew coffee.

Did try it a number of times trying to screw it very tight but it still didn't work. Not sure if the steam escape was through the valve or through the screw fitting.

I didn't return it as I was busy - it went in the bin.
on 1 April 2012
Usually when I make coffee with this, its leaks coffee from around the gasket. Perhaps I am overfilling with coffee or water, but I never had this problem with my previous one so I think this one is quite sensitive.

In addition, it is very difficult to tell when the coffee has risen up into the top compartment. Again with my previous one it was quite vocal when the coffee was entering the upper chamber (po-po-po-po sound) but this one is silent.

My previous one was much smaller though, so perhaps these two problems are common among all 9 cup espresso makers.
on 27 September 2013
As the saying goes, you get what you pay for, in this case you don't pay much and you don't get much. Very poor quality, I'm disappointed to be honest. Will only use for infrequent camping trips and that looks about all this would be up to. Don't buy if you want to use on a regular basis. I'd give it a few weeks before you buy a better quality one.
on 3 November 2013
Replaced our previous coffee maker with this. Slightly lighter, but that's not a problem. Seal is silicon rather than rubber, which should be easier to clean. Only downside is that you have to pour fairly slowly or coffee goes everywhere.
on 3 December 2011
Well made, arrived in good time, however the description "nine cup" is a fairy tale,nine thimbles would be more accurate.This coffee maker only provides sufficient coffee for two average cups.Lesson learned be warned.
on 13 April 2014
I would never recommend this item to anyone. The finish is crude and if that holds 9 cups I will eat my hat, all I can take it is that the cups are the size of thimbles, it did not even hold enough coffee to fill an ordinary coffee cup. I was not happy with it in the least, as my report at the time shows. I went out one day and forgot about the bloody thing and when I came back the handle had melter and the house was stinking with the smell from it. I am glad that it is no more as it was nothing but a headache, I am back with my pressure espresso machine again, and do not miss that heap of scrap that I bought.
on 30 April 2013
Big coffee fan, this is the standard 9 cup size, yes that is not actually 9 full cups but short espressos

For home use that should be around 3 strong lattes or similar
on 15 December 2013
Makes great espresso - only fault is rather 'shoddy' manufacture.All in all, at this price you can throw it away after a year and buy a new one.