on 25 February 2009
This product looked good on the website but I used it 3-4 times and gave up. We threw it away. It is stainless steel but it is too thin and the grating edges are not very sharp, so it is a challenge to grate hard cheese with it. Instead of ending up with uniformly grated cheese, you end up with bits of varying fineness and shapes. The barrel that is supposed to produce the finest grating ended up producing small chunks of cheese. Poorly designed and probably my worst ever purchase on amazon.
on 13 August 2011
Blue air filled the kitchen when my husband used this grater last night for the first time to grate some parmesan. It is cheap but also fairly useless!! The metal is so thin that even on a first grating the cheese was black from the two metal edges rubbing together. Not a pretty sight in your cheese sauce!! I have thrown it out, life is too short to use a rubbishy grater! It is not the same quality as my original Mouli grater purchased in France many years ago.

The one I have replaced it with today is by Pro Line and at £14.50 came from a real kitchen shop in Lytham St Annes! Pay the extra you won't regret it. High Quality Cheese Grater With Grinding Drum
on 7 June 2010
My old much loved rotary grater finally bit the dust after many years of faithful service. I took a look around the web and spotted this one. It looked like an OK replacement. Delivery was prompt, but I threw the grater in the bin after a few days. Basically it didn't matter if you washed it in the dishwasher or in the sink, water got into the thing and the only time it came out was when you were grating cheese. So we had brown cheese! Not wanting to be defeated I tried rinsing it under the tap instead of putting it in the dishwasher, but the brown cheese returned.

My worst purchase ever, I'd like to give it no stars at all.
on 16 April 2009
I previously had a plastic rotary grater that lasted years then had to buy this and am extremely disappointed. It doesn't grate smoothly and the cheese all gets stuck and comes out in lumps - would not recommend!
on 16 February 2011
didnt expect much for price, but this item was lethal in as much as the edges of the hanlde were sharp and the whole item gave me no sence of safety when using as it was unsteady adn felt flimsy. would never attempt to us again, not worth the postage returning so will save myself and the enviroment and recycle it to the stainless safetyless steall grave yard............
on 7 May 2012
This is absolute junk. I kid you not the steel is so soft that the cheese turns black when it's grated. Don't buy!
on 29 January 2009
I bought this as a replacement for my ageing (25 yrs) Mouli Grater. It is reasonably sturdy and grates/shreds well. The only downside is that the squeezer plate will rub against the cutters when the food being grated is all gone. The old Mouli had a stop which prevented this. I suspect that if one isn't careful, this will eventually blunt the cutters.
on 25 February 2009
This grater is nowhere near as good as my old Moulinex one, which I have not been able to find on sale.The lever which holds the food down does not go into position properly and has to be manipulated and also bits of ungrated food fall out while grating. It is better than holding small pieces of food in your fingers to grate, but if you can find the Moulinex grater buy that instead of this one.
on 14 April 2010
I bought this grater as a replacement for an antique french version that was beginning to rust. I am extremely pleased with my new one. Being stainless steel it does not rust and is very easy to clean. This grater comes with 3 blade attachments, a slicer, a small grater and large grater. I find it invaluable and it saves my fingers, especially when trying to grate small peices of cheese. There are plastic versions on the market but I prefer this one.
on 12 July 2011
This rotary grater is cheap for a reason. It is badly made, not easy to use, and difficult to clean thoroughly. Avoid. The moral of this is: read the reviews BEFORE you buy!

See one answered question