Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: BasterSetMAUKK|Change

on 24 December 2011
The price is reasonable and delivery is free. The bulb is strong and appears durable. The tube is long, making it safe to reach deep into the oven. It is metal and should survive the heat and any little kitchen accident.

The baster was first used to inject butter oil into the meat. After removing the pointed nozzle, pan juices were drawn up for basting. The finished roast was moist and delicious. The baster was easy to take apart and wash.

All in all, a very useful item.
on 29 January 2012
After our old plastic turkey baster finally gave up the ghost we decided to purchase this item. Without being a world expert on basters I chose this item because it was reasonably priced and looked well made, certainly better than the plastic ones.
This baster has not disappointed it is excellent and the injector is a bonus, it works a treat injecting more flavour into joints. The bulb does not lose air when you use it either. All round an excellent product and we would highly recommend it.
on 8 February 2012
I got this as a replacement after my glass one was broken (so I went for sturdy this time!) and while it's not a bad baster in it's own right, I don't think it's as good to use as my previous one. The up side is that it's not going break anytime soon and it looks nicer that the old one, but on the down side the control of the basting isn't as good and the little injector attachment doesn't quite screw on, so fluid comes through a bit arouns the seal. Nothing major really wrong with it and for the money is a pretty good buy.
The beauty of this baster is that it is stainless steel. Most basters can't handle the high temperature of oil for turkeys/geese and you pretty much get one or two uses out of them before they melt or fall to pieces. Plus, with the plastic you are never quite sure what toxic chemicals you might end up with from the plastic itself. It feels very strong, you are going to be using this for a long long time, probably the last baster you will ever need. The pastic/rubber end could easily be replaced should it break.

I knocked off one star because the meat injector simply did not screw on to the base, the thread was messed up and I eventually had to force it on with a pair of pliers. Now it screws on fine, but it just shows how quality control isn't what it used to be. I didn't buy this for that in any case and most likely that end will get lost in a drawer somewhere.
on 18 December 2015
Every year, without fail, I have ended up buying a replacement plastic baster in the run up to Christmas, to replace the previous one which has been rendered next to useless through infrequent use. Rather than continue this depressing trend, I decided to purchase a more robust, steel baster and it has already proven to be a worthwhile investment.

Pros: It will last several years, due to its steel construction (and thus save money, longer term).
The Silicon bulb is thick and draws liquid in well, it also fits tightly onto the main body.

Cons: No measurements at the side (you would generally find these as on a plastic baster). However, I have never used this facility, so don't miss it. (Some of you may, so I highlight it here. I haven't deducted a star because I didn't buy it on the basis that it had this function.)
The injection needle thread was particularly tricky to thread on my baster, likely due to a slight machining fault. It did screw in eventually, and now screws in tightly every time.
The metal at the tip of the main body is a touch rough, but again likely a one off.

I paid £7.99 for this and I believe that is a fair price for a solid product that will give me many years of service. In a former life, I was a professional chef and I would have been happy to have this in my kitchen.
on 2 September 2014
The end expands and pops off as soon as the liquid gets hot, which could have been dangerous if the metal end hadn't dropped into the pan when I was left holding the plastic part.
on 25 June 2014
Having now used this baster for some time I have changed its rating from 4 stars to 1. It does still fit tightly when cold however on more than one occasion using this to pick up hot fat the bulb has come off resulting in hot fat pouring onto work surface and more, thankfully no injuries but this is potentially lethal, and yes it was correctly put together. I expected better from a more expensive product.
on 24 May 2012
I purchased this baster as I wanted to ensure a juicy Turkey and not a dried out one. I have been very impressed with how easy it is to use. I use this with all my hot roast meals and it has saved me from many a burnt hand. Versatile and easy to clean.
on 9 December 2012
The silicon bulb and steel make this oven proof. However, as the baster is stainless steel, it will conduct the heat, of course. The baster works fine, but not the injector (the reason for which I had bought it). When I tried to inject the hot juices from the pan into a roast chicken, it all came exploding out where the bulb connects to the steel part, thus causing 2nd degree burns.
on 17 April 2015
This will last me for a long time, being well made and designed. Glad I paid the extra for this nice stainless steel and silicone baster. My old cheap plastic job perished within weeks, with the heat of the oil and fat which it was supposed to baste my meat with!
This one, being stainless steel, is obviously not transparent, but that's less important than that it does its intended job for many years I I think it will, and would recommend you to buy one for your own kitchen. I've even been using it for basting the eggs frying in the breakfast pan to avoid that last little bit of runny white around the yoke, meanwhile basting and injecting many joints of meat in the oven to keep them lbeautifully succulent.