5.0 out of 5 stars Master Class Roasting Pans
Published on 3 Sep 2010 by S. Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Good size but unsuitable for induction hobs
Ideal size for roasting small joints of meat. However, because of the recessed base, it is unsuitable for use on induction hobs, which is the main reason we purchased it.
Published 10 months ago by Wendy Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Master Class Roasting Pans, 3 Sep 2010
S. Thomas - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Master Class Deluxe Stainless Steel H/duty Deep Roasting Pan 27cm x 20cm (Kitchen & Home)
I have owned several of these stainless steel roasting pans for a few years now and am very pleased with their overall performance. I've got both the 32x23 cm and 27x20cm sized pans as the smaller pan fits inside the larger perfectly for storage. I have found them really easy to wash up (both by hand and in the dishwasher) and they have retained their shine perfectly.

The metal is really thick and holds the heat well (to the extent that you need to make sure you don't pick one up with a bare hand for a few minutes after removal from the oven as they stay hot for quite some time). I use a baking sheet to line the bottom of the pans if cooking things that are likely to stick.

I have found the pans are ideal for making cauliflower cheese, shepherd's pie, moussaka and a host of other dishes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good Quality, 10 Feb 2012
Simon Holloway (Tunbridge Wells, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Bought these as I wanted Roasters that I could get side by side in oven. They are fantastic value for money, with thick bodies and robust handles. No sign of warping even when used in hot oven. I'm really pleased & intend to get more of different sizes asap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stainless is the best option, 12 Aug 2010
Stainless steel is the best option for a roasting pan. Its surface is impervious, so anything that gets burnt onto it can be removed quite easily afterwards.

We were given a non-stick roasting pan by a relative. At first use, it began to lose its non-stick surface. It quickly became unusable. We decided to switch to stainless steel.

The Master Class pan was a fraction of other suppliers' prices. We have found it meets our requirements completely, and we would recommend anyone to switch to it. It retains its initial condition after heavy use, and is well worth the price.

(We clean it, when cool, by filling it with a strong mixture of washing-up liquid and water, and leaving it overnight. This loosens any burnt bits, and then we use a Scotchbrite pad to get it completely clean. I believe Scotchbrite was invented by a 3M scientist asked to develop something to give a bright finish to stainless steel. It does so without scratching the steel surface at all).

3.0 out of 5 stars Good size but unsuitable for induction hobs, 24 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Tins, 28 Feb 2014
I love stainless steel tins, they simply last.
Ideal for roasting.
Being stainless steel ideal for the dishwasher.
These tins are well made with nice fold down handles, that don't drop down when in the oven.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice size, nice weight., 17 Sep 2013
Seems well made. Feels substantial. Useful when a full-size roasting dish is too big. Replaced coated dish that could not take high temperatures.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 25 April 2013
R. J. Wellings "handygrandad" (Cheshire England) - See all my reviews
this was purchased to replace a worn out non stick pan we have had for over twenty years, which had buckled slightly, this pan is a very good quality pan and just the right size to enable us to fit two items on one shelf saving on oven space when you are trying to cook several items at once,

5.0 out of 5 stars Roasting pan, 12 Nov 2012
the pan is what I expected it to be, there are no problems.Master Class Roasting Pan / Roaster, Stainless Steel

1.0 out of 5 stars Master Class? Major Disappointment, 19 Nov 2009
R. A. Eales (Derbyshire UK) - See all my reviews
I bought a few of these pans as I had seen them and they looked a good weight - They are are absolute rubbish!

The coating started peeling off the smaller pan after 2 weeks and ended up sticking onto the roast potatoes I was making.
The Thinner flat pan twists over 200 degrees.

Very poor quality...