on 20 January 2012
A+++++ product.....serious quality..heavy (but not too heavy), fits together really well, handles excellent, lid perfect fit.....we use egg poacher a couple of times a week, but unfortunatly our one of approx 20 years old finally fell apart and this one will be used just as much. I am very sure it will out live the 15 year guarantee that it comes with....really pleased with this item....go on treat yourself, we have and are extremley pleased with the quality of the item. Excellent service when purchased the item. also the delivery man was very smart and smiley...will def buy from this range again and def from this seller. thank you.
on 16 August 2011
I've been using a microwave egg poacher for ages,quick but mostly unsatisfactory( exploding eggs etc)Whilst on holiday I used a conventional stove-top poacher, something I hadn't done for years.
Returning home I Googled 'egg poacher'. The first site I was attracted to was good old Amazon.Why didn't I go there first?
This 6 cup poacher from Kitchencraft is just fab.I can't believe the quality for such a low price.Amazon came up trumps once again.
I really recommend this item. Solid stainless steel and non-stick cups which really don't stick.The company makes a smaller model if you don't have a hungry lot like me.
on 25 September 2013
What an excellent pan. I've had it for 18 months and cooked dozens of eggs to perfection (5 minutes for soft yolks, 7 minutes for hard). It works brilliantly on our induction hob. The handle does not get hot - I can only imagine that other reviewers have gas - I'll never go back to gas now I've used induction! Of course the egg-cup handles get hot: these are immersed in steam so this is to be expected; and even so, I can pick them out with my bare fingers (quickly).

The cups are metal, which speeds up the cooking time (but also makes them hotter to touch). They appear a little thin and cheap, but actually work just fine. The non-stick on the cups is thin (scratches easily - don't use metal on them), and I need to oil the cups with olive oil to achieve true non-stick, but this works really well. I use a plastic picnic knife to loosen the edge of the egg, which then falls out easily. This seems reasonable to me - does anyone have non-stick that works any better with egg white?

It's great to be able to cook 6 eggs at once, and just as easy to cook one or two (but I'm buying a smaller egg pan too to make washing up easier when cooking just 2 eggs, and because with a growing family, sometimes 6 is just not enough!).

The pan looks great and the glass lid is a bonus to see cooking progress without releasing the steam. Contrary to other reviews, steam does not escape if on a gentle boil - of course at a rolling boil the pressure builds and the steam will escape around the lid; but this just wastes heat and doesn't speed cooking. Perhaps I get more control with induction than others do with gas cookers? The pan itself has a reasonably solid feel, but is not too heavy to lift one-handed. The handle could be heavier gauge, but is OK.

I recommend this pan, and would definitely buy it again (in fact I am - the 4-egg poacher)!
on 18 August 2010
This is an eggcellent poacher,quite heavy to pick up but with 6 good non stick pods.
on 14 February 2012
All I can really say about this item is that you certainly get what you pay for! I had used cheaper pans before with only four cups, so this new pan was like the Rolls Royce edition and I love it.
on 7 April 2011
Took delivery of this yesterday and could not wait to try it out. Was not dissappointed - worked well and eggs were easily removed and stayed whole. I followed a previous reviewer's suggestion to poach eggs for 4 minutes, but mine must have been smaller as they were not "dipable". Will cut the time down when trying again.

All in all - great product, looks good and easy to use and clean.
on 18 April 2012
Great product. Clean and easy to use.
6 eggs poach well and slide out smoothly.
Would recommend this product to shoppers.
on 3 October 2009
My mother always paoched eggs in a pan like this, and they are so much easier than the "break the egg into spinning boiling water" approach.

This is a brilliant poached egg pan, and a decent frying pan as well. The fact that you can cook 6 eggs at one go is a major bonus in a five person family. The non stick cups seem not to stick, and it all dishwahes well. Good value, and it simply does what it says on the tin.
on 24 February 2015
Nightmare! Badly designed. the egg holders have a handle on them that is screwed on, they constantly come loose. I have used it 3 times on the 2nd time one of the screws came off in fell in to the boiling water while the eggs were poaching. Will be sending it back or dumping it straight in the bin.
on 1 August 2011
I have seen many 4 egg poachers, but this is the first 6 egg poacher I have come across. It is very sturdy, lovely non-stick poaching cups and the whole thing cleans easily. If you have poached egg lovers this is just the ticket for a big weekend breakfast for all the family!