5.0 out of 5 stars BAKING STONE/GRIDDLE
You have to season the griddle with oil prior to use but the guide tells you how to do it.

Had a go straight away at making some Welsh cakes and they turned out fine, then tried some chapatis and naan bread. All okay.

Even on a medium heat the griddle cooks very quickly so you have to keep flipping whatever your cooking to avoid it burning...
Published on 17 Feb. 2011 by Bobby George

1.0 out of 5 stars Not reccomended
In theory a good idea but there appears to be problems with quality as the item recieved was a poor quality casting, pitted , and in places shedding small round slithers of razor sharp iron - the couple of bright metal circles to the left of the picture show where these came from. Given this is designed for food preperation, the last thing I want to worry about is a trip...
Published 4 months ago by DP

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! I always wanted one, 15 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Cast Iron 27cm Black Steel Baking Stone (Kitchen & Home)
Brilliant!I always wanted one,just like my Grandmother's which got lost after moving.It hangs up in my kitchen,ready to bake Welshcakes and Dropped Scones etc.I researched lots of makes....and this one has definitely enhanced my baking skills....and reminds me of my beloved Grandmother.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen treasure, 22 Feb. 2014
Having discovered these baking stones I found out how useful they are. Really love it and my kitchen would be empty without it. Very robust without being too heavy, supplied with accessories for electric jobs too. Season as directed and it will be a lifelong pal

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome addition, 21 Feb. 2014
Mrs. June Blackburne (UK) - See all my reviews
I have used it after 'curing' it and have had universal approval for the welsh cakes I baked on i - amillion times better than anyI ave bought. The bakestone my mother had disappeared many moons ago and I have regretted its loss. I shall make good use of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works brilliantly on the stove or in it as a baking ..., 1 Nov. 2014
Works brilliantly on the stove or in it as a baking stone or griddle. Seasoning was a bit viele with the smoke and all, I can see the outdoor barbecue option would be good. Seasoning has held well. for 6 months needs a touchup in areas.

5.0 out of 5 stars bakestone, 8 Feb. 2014
I have wanted one of these for years, but did not want to pay the earth. This one is just right. I've always used a heavy frying pan but this produces much better results. After use, leave for about an hour to cool before touching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes about 40 minutes to prepare the bake stone before first use but once prepared pancakes cooked wonderfully. Looking forward, 12 Jan. 2015
Arrived promptly. Takes about 40 minutes to prepare the bake stone before first use but once prepared pancakes cooked wonderfully. Looking forward to trying out the recipe for Welshcakes which was printed on the packaging.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Bread", 9 April 2014
As long as you prepare this as instructions you can't go wrong. It is heavy and well made. We bake bread on it and it works to perfection. Potato cakes are another perfect bake. Wish I had bought one years ago

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 May 2014
This is such a great quality product! I made Welsh Cakes on them and they came out absolutely perfect!! Definitely do not regret buying, can't go wrong for the price either! Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Baking stone, 20 Mar. 2014
I brought this baking stone because my Mum has one hers is about 50 years old always enjoyed using hers. Not a bad size and not too heavy to use.great for Welsh cakes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Baking Stone that does the job, 6 Feb. 2014
T Barnes (Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
We use this stone for making flat breads and it works fine. Need to scrape off any sticky burnt bits which is rather a faff. Good idea to keep it oiled.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›