4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money steamer
Published on 23 Mar 2009 by Jude

3.0 out of 5 stars Very big
Wanted to buy a bigger steamer than my last one but this is so big, great for large family's but you also need deep drawers to stack it away, the water pot is as deep as cooking pots. You can stack 2 pots in a deep pan drawer.
Works well though, good on induction cooker and didn't leak much
Published on 16 Aug 2011 by Mrs. L. B. Wright

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money steamer, 23 Mar 2009
Jude "ukjude" (Leics., England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchen Craft 20 cm Clearview Stainless Steel 3-tier Steamer (Kitchen & Home)
This three-tier steamer is of sturdy construction and benefits from having a see-through lid, making it easy to see when the contents have reached the required temperature. Although not the widest steamer I've had in the past, it is deep enough to compensate for that, even though the contents obviously take longer to steam when stacked inside each tier. Overall the item is very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality for the price, 20 April 2011
I did dither about buying this set as I have one universal steamer that sits on most saucepans, however when it comes to steaming more than one lot of veg I'm stuck, so I decided for the price of another universal steamer I could have this set, and its the best thing I could have done.
I see there are a few reviews about the handles getting to hot, I have not found this to be so, maybe I have asbestos hands but I can easy pick any one of the three while cooking without needing oven gloves.
The quality of the pans is a good gauge of stainless steel, and best of all the handles are screwed in right through, making the whole set neat with multi purpose uses.
So if like me your dithering "Don't" get the set and you will not be disappointed

4.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, 20 Mar 2012
I bought this as a replacement for an electric steamer, which was falling to pieces, the plastic parts cracking and the handles breaking off. This set shouldn't have any of those problems, and should last me for ever. I find it also works better as a steamer than the electric one. The amount of steam produced can be varied by turning the heat up or down, so that food can be cooked more or less quickly, as preferred.

There are various different sizes of this steamer available. I have one of the larger ones, which is easily big enough to cook vegetables for a family of four. One word of warning, though: although it's described as a three tier steamer, the bottom pan holds the water, so you only get two steaming pans (unlike electric three tier models). However, you can use the bottom pan for boiling potatoes (say) while steaming other veggies above. I've never tried cooking meat or fish in the steamer, so I can't say how well that works.

The downside: the small metal handles get quite hot, which makes it awkward extracting the contents when cooked. It would be easier if each pan had a long handle, too, so that it could be emptied one-handed. But these are minor quibbles.

Overall: a good buy, works well, washes well and still looks good after several months of regular use, with the only problem being the handles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Steamin', 16 Jun 2010
Mr. B. Scott "Blade" (Shropshire) - See all my reviews
Great steamer. Everything is Stainless, so the bottom pan can be used for stews as well. Slight passing of steam around the joins, but not a problem. The cool touch handles is a bit of a fib though. Despite the minor issues, this is a great bit of kit for the kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent buy! Reccommended, 10 Mar 2010
I had to replace my old steamer quickly and I bought it through amazon. I was looking for something wider (as my old one) but the shape and size of this one is perfect. The pan can be used by itself and within the colanders there is enough room for a good amount of vegs and the 2 of them can be used at the same time.
Similar to other comment, the only problem is you need to cover the handles while in use.But nothing different than other common pans.
I'm very happy cooking perfect salads and healthy dishes (even mashed potatoes)for my family (2 boys, husband and me)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen craft 3 tier steamer, 21 April 2011
Very good for a steamer and does the job well.
Handles can get hot IF one has the heat too high and if using gas, if the flame goes up the outside of steamer.

Use common sense and there is absolutely no problem with this product, it cooks beautifully, is economical with gas/electric and is easy to clean, plus it is stainless steel as against aluminium.
What more could one ask?

5.0 out of 5 stars Save money, 5 May 2013
I have used a stainless steamer before, you save money only having to use one ring to cook a full meal and everything tastes so much better and is so much healthier, but last year I took it to Ibiza and really missed it when I came back so looked on Amazon and found this one, the only problem is because I am of a certain age, (yes over 21 and quiet a few years experience and I still work in inches) 20 cm didn't really mean much, but it was only a few pounds more than the 18 cm set and the 22 cm set was a lot more so I reasoned I was getting a bargain. It is a bargain but too big for just me and my hubby, so this year we took it to Ibiza in April where it now lives and bought my smaller one back to England.
The 20 cm set is big enough for at least 4 to 6 people, it is made really well and lovely and shiny you could leave it out on a worktop or on the cooker. I would recomend it for a family but if there are only 2 of you go for the smaller one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Speedy delivery and good product, 7 Jan 2013
Speedy delivery and good product - read a few reviews saying the handles get hot, frankly that's a no-brainer, use some oven gloves/ a tea towel? Haven't found this a major flaw myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars ENCOURAGE YOU TO BUY STEAMER, 8 Mar 2010
I AM ENJOYING USING THE STEAMER. ITS LOVELY N BIG BUT YOU DO NEED TO BE WARY OF HOT HANDLES. PLEASED I PURCHASED IT.
GREAT TO HAVE STEAMING HOT FOODS

5.0 out of 5 stars STEAMS LIKE A DREAM!!, 4 Nov 2007
WE USED THIS FOR THE FIRST TIME LAST NIGHT AND IT DOES THE JOB PERFECTLY WELL!! beautifully steamed vegetables. Can't wait to try other foods!!

I can highly recommend it and the express delivery arrived the following day..super!!