4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!
Published on 24 Nov 2009 by felicitas

3.0 out of 5 stars Instructions would be handy !
The egg poacher deserves 5 stars as it is well built and strong. I had no hot handle problems at all and it is the perfect size pan for me. However I have never owned an egg poacher before and had no idea how much water I needed etc. So I guessed and guessed wrong, I had water boiling all over and the eggs were running into the water etc, what a mess. So I tried again...
Published 4 months ago by Silvana

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 24 Nov 2009
This review is from: Clearview Stainless Steel 2 Hole Egg Poacher 16cm (Kitchen & Home)
This is the same review I wrote for the four poacher pan, although I actually bought (this) the two cup one. I did that to correct a misconception some may have from a reviewer who complained that the handle gets too hot when the pan is in use, and she has to wear oven gloves to lift it. I can only think the handle must have been over another source of heat at the same time. Like many pans of this kind, the handle, though metal, is hollow, and I have never had a problem with it - at the most it gets slightly warm. But something that does get really hot is the metal knob on the glass lid. I do need "protection" therefore to take the lid off when cooking is finished - shame that doesn't have the black "phenolic handles" that the poaching unit itself has.
All that being said, it's a great small saucepan, very solid and sturdy, and it cooks poached eggs perfectly, which turn out fine with just a smidgeon of oiling first (I use a low cal spray). The glass lid helps you see how things are progressing too. In fact the pan is so nice, it has become my favourite for everyday use as well as I live alone and it is a perfect size, and I like the fact it has the glass lid and a small vent to let the steam out, so it doesn't boil over. And don't forget the 15yr guarantee!

5.0 out of 5 stars Regular poached eggs now, 26 April 2010
Had this a few days and have had poached eggs on toast on a regular basis since purchase. I wish I'd bought it years ago and it is much easier to use than a pair of silicone poaching pods I bought last year. The eggs poach in the exact same time as my toast takes to toast. YTMV!(Your toaster may vary!) I use butter to oil the cups and the eggs are so simple to turn out. I then use the hot water from the pan to wash the two egg cups, now that's green eh?
A perfect purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Eggs!, 18 Nov 2009
Liz Maddock (Scottish Borders) - See all my reviews
The pan looks good and poaches eggs just right.
I was surprised how quickly it cooks them, I'm very happy with the poacher.

5.0 out of 5 stars best poached eggs, 22 Feb 2010
Mrs. Mary K. Ellis (uk) - See all my reviews
I originally puchased this poacher in Sept 2009, I have since purchased another two as presents for family and friend and they are as delighted as I am

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little pan, 23 Nov 2010
This is a lovely little pan for making two perfectly poached eggs. I have used it quite a bit and it is still in excellent condition. The eggs don't stick to the egg poaching holders and they are cooked in just a few minutes. The pan looks modern, feels like good quality, is small and compact, plus the see through lid is a bonus because you can monitor the eggs without having to constantly lose heat by lifting the lid. All in all, a good purchase and real value for money. Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Egg Poacher, 15 April 2011
I have been looking for a decent egg poacher for some time now and most of them have 3 holes and who wants to poach 3 eggs? I have now found the best. This egg poacher is really great value for money and all the eggs are perfectly cooked every time. I had no problems with delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent poacher for two, 17 April 2012
D. H. Oliver "DHO" (UK) - See all my reviews
We bought this partly on the recommendations of other reviews here, and were not disappointed. Its a nice little bit of kit, poaches eggs perfectly and is easy to clean. You're as well to line the insides of the cups with spread though, as this helps with tipping the cooked eggs out. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect poacher, 5 Jan 2010
A. J. Holmes (Macclesfield, England) - See all my reviews
I did read some slightly negative reviews regarding it being to hot to touch etc, however bearing in mind it is a steamy environment and you should use care anyway I found this to be an excellent buy.
It is the right size, 2 eggs are always enough for our family, the pan is well made with a solid base, all the other components are also well made and best of all, the eggs simply slide out of the cups after cooking.
Recommend to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you again Amazon, 7 Feb 2012
Excellent product and service, highly recommended, to anyone in the market for a top of the range product what more can I say.

5.0 out of 5 stars EGGSellent!, 19 Jan 2010
S. L. Greaves "Stevie G" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
After reading the 3 good reviews, I decided to get this. I will confirm all the good points - excellent quality and really well-made! The egg-cups are indeed non-stick and made of metal, much better than the plastic ones and uncoated metal ones too!
Perfect poached eggs! Ideal for single people who only want to cook one or two eggs max.
Cheers.