on 9 February 2011
Iv'e used this product for about 6 months and find it very good . Well made using good steel and the two bits fit together well
My cooking has improved vastly.
I bought it for herbal remedy making and it is BRILLIANT Not cheap but quality is remembered long after price is forgotten
on 23 July 2011
All I could find to buy in France where I live was a bain marie to replace my old double saucepan (essential for sauces and porridge) not quite the thing until I found this on Amazon. Porridge to combat cholesterol and home made soup for all the essential vitamins.A lovely size and make - packed and sent perfectly.
on 7 December 2010
I was a little concerned re the cost...but when it arrived I was so pleased. It is so sturdy and good quality that will last for years and years of my various uses (mainly home made crafts). You will not be disappointed!
on 10 January 2011
Needed this product for Christmas Day, or there would have been no sauce for the Christmas pudding. Despite being near to Christmas it arrived in time and is an excellent product. Looks really nice and is easy to use and clean.
on 5 January 2011
I struggled to find this bain Marie pan. Neither Selfridges nor John Lewis at the Trafford Centre had them but Amazon came to the rescue. It was perfect for tempering chocolate, which I used to cover marzipan stuffed dates for my friends at Christmas. Easy to use and easy to clean - Just the Job!
on 7 January 2011
This is a robust product. The inner pan would be sufficient for 3/4 pint custard , stewed fruit, creamed sauce , scrambled eggs etc.
Very good value for money and much more compact than I had imagined so easy to fit into your pan cupboard.
on 6 October 2011
Perfect replacement for the 50-year-old pitted aluminium one I grew up with. Much healthier, neat and light, and easier to clean, too. Porridge perfecto, as well as for jobs like melting bars of chocolate. Some people might not like it being so lightweight, but others might prefer it; in any case it's exceedingly easy to live with. No regrets at all.
on 2 January 2011
Brilliant present for my husband. No more burnt porridge but you do have to allow quite a bit longer for the cooking process.
on 16 January 2010
excelent product but took a long time to deilver in fact too long liked the pan but the firm delivering very poor service
on 21 March 2011
Handle is riveted on . 'Muck' catches around the rivet heads within the pot . As well , the upper pot has a goove pressed into it . Again , this presents with unnecessary fiddley cleaning work . A simple 'step' in the diameter of the upper pot would lead to much easier , and safer, cleaning .
The whole show has been built far too light . One drop on a tile floor , and you're looking at a major dent . Worst of all is the balance . The long handles would be great , but the pots are so light that the top one topples over to one side with the weight of it's own handle , until something is loaded into it .
I cannot recommend this item . Try "Judge Vista 16cm Porringer" , also sold by Amazon , it's spec. says it's heavier . And the handles look like there's no cheap rivets .