As you see from the title it is certainly doing its job as a thermometer, unfortunately I do find every time I remove the shelf that the thermometer is hanging on, it drops to the floor of the oven. I would be 100% pleased with it if the hook fitted better - afraid if I bend it too much it will snap off.
Published on 24 Jan. 2010 by Mrs. J. M. Beesley

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!
Published on 21 May 2011 by littlemisssunshine

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, 21 May 2011
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Oven Thermometer, Stainless Steel (Kitchen & Home)
I bought three of these as other reviews indicate that they are easily broken. For interest, I put two in one of my ovens and the readings were so different that I added the third, expecting it to agree with one of them. I now have three different temperatures offered, none of which agrees with the setting on the oven dial. They differ across a range of 70 degrees so now I've no idea what my oven temperature is!

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after one use, 24 Nov. 2011
This item was cheap, but didn't last. After one use it stuck at 150 degrees and wouldn't shift either way. Disappointing as it looked exactly what we needed. I wouldn't recommend this product and am looking for alternatives myself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work - cost me a new oven!, 4 Mar. 2012
I bought this on a visit to the UK as I suspected the electric oven of my cooker was not as hot as it was meant to be. That was proved correct by this thermometer, so I bought an expensive new oven. In this new oven it is under-reading by 50 degrees but the meat is cooking in the right time, so I think the new oven is good. My old one was probably good as well!

I also bought the Meat Thermometer from Kitchen Craft. That was even worse. I have gone back to Delia's method of a meat skewer and my lower lip - much more reliable!

4.0 out of 5 stars Proved to my daughter my oven was reaching the correct temperature, 24 Jan. 2010

1.0 out of 5 stars Wildly Inaccurate, 17 Sept. 2011
The good points:- It's cheap and easy to read, however it is totally inaccurate compared with a digital probe, reads 30 degrees (Celsius) under temp. Waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little gadget, 25 Jun. 2011
I bought this thermometer as the dials on my cooker have disappeared over the years which has meant guessing the temp of the oven! It's accurate and I leave it in the oven always. The colour of it has changed slightly (probably as I never remove it from the oven) but I didn't buy it for the colour! It seems to be accurate as I've had no disasters due to the temp of the oven!. I'm also pleased with the way that it can either be stood up or hung from an oven shelf so that it never gets in the way with what's cooking! All in all it is a very useful product and I'm very pleased!

1.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for, 5 Nov. 2012
I picked this thermometer based purely on the price and to begin with I thought I had a bargain. But then, after about two weeks of use the needle started sticking. To begin with, it was sticking on the left-hand side of the dial so I kept thinking "oh, it's taking an awfully long time for the oven to heat up" as it never crossed my mind that the thermometer might not be of the greatest quality or accuracy. Leaving it out of the oven for a couple of days seemed to do the trick and it started to work well again for a few more weeks - until the needle started sticking on the right-hand side of the dial instead. That was back in May. It's November now and the needle still insists that the temperature is 250 degrees despite the fact that it's sitting on the kitchen table. I finally got round to dropping it in the bin this morning. It seems Kitchen Craft equipment is a bit of a mixed bag. My sister bought me their 5cm ravioli cutter for my birthday and the handle sheered the first time I used it. It wasn't structurally robust enough to cut through two layers of pasta. However, the ravioli mould kit with silly mini rolling pin is actually rather well made and is still making half-decent ravioli six months on.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great while it lasted, 7 April 2011
I bought this item around Christmas time and it was great whilst it lasted, unfortunately it has recently fallen apart and has had to be thrown away, i would have thought it might have lasted longer than a few months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on temperature readings, 29 Nov. 2010
This is great value for money. Bought it to confirm my oven was not working properly. It proved pretty spot on when compared to the digital thermocouple the repair man brought to do his own checks.

2.0 out of 5 stars great... until it stopped working, 30 Nov. 2011
Oven thermometer was great for first 31 days. Demonstrated my oven does indeed run too hot and helped with bread and cakes not burning, but unfortunately broke one day after Amazon's returns policy runs out. Just seems a bit delicate - presumably I wasn't careful enough with it, but I would expect an oven thermometer to be a bit more robust.

Kitchen Craft Oven Thermometer, Stainless Steel