5.0 out of 5 stars Just slots in - easy!
Published on 24 July 2009 by Big Bertha

3.0 out of 5 stars strimmer spool
had to have for my strimmer but seems to break off all the time resulting in stopping turning it off re threading and starting again so due to all the hassle we have now bought a cordless one which takes small plastic blades and is so much better in every way, cuts better and no cords to get in the way
Published 12 months ago by young 50

5.0 out of 5 stars Just slots in - easy!, 24 July 2009
Big Bertha (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Black & Decker A6481 Spool & Line For Reflex Strimmer (DIY & Tools)
I admit defeat - after messing around for ages, following instructions in my user manual, carefully winding new line onto my old spool and after finally getting it done, finding my Reflex won't auto-feed. Thinking I'd done something wrong I then took it all off and wound it all again still finishing up with the same result. I've now come to the conclusion it's just not worth it!

Replacement line may be a bit more expensive this way, but having tried the above and failing miserably, I then bought one of these - it just slotted in, no hassle, no messing. This is what I'll be buying in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last it works, 12 Aug. 2011
After many times trying to refill the spool and it working for only seconds. It was fantastic to get this already wound spool and YES it works...happy days !

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually, I haven't used it yet, 24 July 2013
D. Rice "Belstane" (Kirknewton, Midlothian United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
So why five stars? Well, when I bought the Black and Decker GLC 1825 strimmer (also reviewed) a few months ago, I anticipated the need for a spare spool of line. However, despite using the spool delivered with the strimmer umpteen times now in our very large and recalcitrant garden, I'm still using the first spool.
So, maybe this review is under false pretences but with this as a spare, I don't think I'll be buying another for at least a year. Altogether this's trimmer line and the strimmer have been a very good buy.
Update one year since I got the strimmer - just had to change the strimmer spool for the first time after hammering my B&D strimmer for a year. So this, and the GLC 1825 strimmer get my gold star award for best gadget I've bought in years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 9 Sept. 2010
Great buy at a fraction of the cost I would pay in the high street.

5.0 out of 5 stars the REALdeal, 29 Jun. 2009
M. coyne "butcher boy" (scotland) - See all my reviews
dont buy hard ware stores own brand buy proper b and d spools like this one. if u dont u will b 4ever trying 2 feed the spool

5.0 out of 5 stars Black & Decker Strimmer cord, 22 Oct. 2010
Does exactly what it says on the tin. I couldn't buy these anywhere for months, including the place I bought the strimmer despite a vast range. I'm always wary of ordering replacement parts like this online in case they aren't correct. Came in 2 days as well. Worked for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars STRIMMER SPOOL AND LINE, 5 July 2009
Mr. M. Mcneill "MATTY" (SUNDERLAND TYNE & WEAR UK) - See all my reviews
I SHOPPED EVERYWHERE FOR THIS ITEM,, LOOKED ON AMAZON FOUND IT STRAIGHT AWAY WAS DELIVERED TO ME IN 3DAYS FANTASTIC...

5.0 out of 5 stars Strimmer line, 5 Mar. 2014
I had a strimmer which was continually breaking line into little pieces. I contacted B & D tech services and they advised that it may be a line problem rather than a strimmer problem. With the original B & D line it now works perfectly again.!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Half the price, 10 July 2011
T. P. Van Meij "Tjalco" (Kloosterzande NL and Nantheuil , FR) - See all my reviews
There is not much one can say about a spool of strimwire. It works. The main thing is that the price is about half of the lowest price I could find in the local D-I-Y stores. Delivery was swift to the Netherlands and free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good strength in the cord, but a bit fiddly to fit, 4 Oct. 2011
Small Scale "small_scale" (London UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
My first 10m spool only lasted a few weeks, as I'd been strimming some particularly tough bind weed, ivy, and weeds at the back of the garden. Thing to note when fitting the replacement spool is that you've got to hold the cord tightly to prevent it from unwinding from the spool (it will). So it's a bit fiddly first time through, thereafter you know what to look for. Once fitted though, the B&D self-spool mechanism is great, and the cord strength is respectably good - it will comfortably have a go at small woody stems up to about 6-7mm.