5.0 out of 5 stars Just slots in - easy!
Published on 24 July 2009 by Big Bertha

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid
Rubbish. Doesn't appear to be an original Black and Decker spool as there is no branding on the spool. The wire appears too thin and too much gets released when you strim as the autofeed mechanism doesn't work properly with this reel. Gave up on it and bought a properly packaged and branded spool from Tesco, which works much better and was cheaper.
Published 17 days ago by Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars Just slots in - easy!, 24 July 2009
Big Bertha (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: BLACK+DECKER A6481 Spool & Line For Reflex Strimmer (DIY & Tools)
I admit defeat - after messing around for ages, following instructions in my user manual, carefully winding new line onto my old spool and after finally getting it done, finding my Reflex won't auto-feed. Thinking I'd done something wrong I then took it all off and wound it all again still finishing up with the same result. I've now come to the conclusion it's just not worth it!

Replacement line may be a bit more expensive this way, but having tried the above and failing miserably, I then bought one of these - it just slotted in, no hassle, no messing. This is what I'll be buying in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last it works, 12 Aug. 2011
After many times trying to refill the spool and it working for only seconds. It was fantastic to get this already wound spool and YES it works...happy days !

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 9 Sept. 2010
Great buy at a fraction of the cost I would pay in the high street.

5.0 out of 5 stars the REALdeal, 29 Jun. 2009
M. coyne "butcher boy" (scotland) - See all my reviews
dont buy hard ware stores own brand buy proper b and d spools like this one. if u dont u will b 4ever trying 2 feed the spool

5.0 out of 5 stars Black & Decker Strimmer cord, 22 Oct. 2010
Does exactly what it says on the tin. I couldn't buy these anywhere for months, including the place I bought the strimmer despite a vast range. I'm always wary of ordering replacement parts like this online in case they aren't correct. Came in 2 days as well. Worked for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars STRIMMER SPOOL AND LINE, 5 July 2009
Mr. M. Mcneill "MATTY" (SUNDERLAND TYNE & WEAR UK) - See all my reviews
I SHOPPED EVERYWHERE FOR THIS ITEM,, LOOKED ON AMAZON FOUND IT STRAIGHT AWAY WAS DELIVERED TO ME IN 3DAYS FANTASTIC...

5.0 out of 5 stars Strimmer line, 5 Mar. 2014
I had a strimmer which was continually breaking line into little pieces. I contacted B & D tech services and they advised that it may be a line problem rather than a strimmer problem. With the original B & D line it now works perfectly again.!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Half the price, 10 July 2011
T. P. Van Meij "Tjalco" (Kloosterzande NL and Nantheuil , FR) - See all my reviews
There is not much one can say about a spool of strimwire. It works. The main thing is that the price is about half of the lowest price I could find in the local D-I-Y stores. Delivery was swift to the Netherlands and free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good strength in the cord, but a bit fiddly to fit, 4 Oct. 2011
Small Scale "small_scale" (London UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
My first 10m spool only lasted a few weeks, as I'd been strimming some particularly tough bind weed, ivy, and weeds at the back of the garden. Thing to note when fitting the replacement spool is that you've got to hold the cord tightly to prevent it from unwinding from the spool (it will). So it's a bit fiddly first time through, thereafter you know what to look for. Once fitted though, the B&D self-spool mechanism is great, and the cord strength is respectably good - it will comfortably have a go at small woody stems up to about 6-7mm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever, 5 Sept. 2011
As stated by other reviewers, I cannot agree more. Since the original line ran out, I've had to use various other strimmer lines and found all of them heartbreaking (and constant line-breaking). I even tried a so-called heavy duty line but this broke each time it hit a blade of grass. This B&D line is an absolute dream. After weeks of using it to trim, edge and hack through thick tufts, it has not broken once. This should last me years, and strimming has never been easier. Amazing! Ten stars.
Alan