5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says and more
When the line on my Bosch strimmer ran out, which it did quite quickly, I was so tired of avoiding hard objects or, if I couldn't, rethreading the line that I fully intended to replace it with a piece of bicycle gear cable. Then I saw this.

Published 23 months ago by Foston Frog

3.0 out of 5 stars line for all trimmers
Does the job for a reasonable price. Remains to be seen how rapidly it is used up.
Published on 8 Sep 2010 by Blueflash

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says and more, 12 May 2012
This review is from: B/DECKER A6171 50M LINE ON STORAGE SPOOL (DIY & Tools)

I was initially sceptical about claims that you just couldn't break it and that it would outlast the strimmer but it was cheap enough so I gave it a try - and the claims are true. This stuff really is virtually unbreakable. The only way I managed to snap a piece off was by cutting right up to some angle iron on the corner of a shed - and even then I only lost part of the exposed line.

Winding the line onto the old spool wasn't too difficult but I learnt two things:

1) Be sure to wind it on in the correct direction. The best way to know is to check BEFORE the old line runs out. Failing that, try and find a picture of a replacement spool for your strimmer (which is what I did) or, as a last resort, observe which way the spool spins and wind the line so that the end naturally trails as the thing turns. This should be correct in most, if not all, cases.

2) Don't try to put too much onto the spool. I did this and found that the autofeed mechanism didn't work reliably. Not that you'll need it very often!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 18 Aug 2009
David Vidler - See all my reviews
This review is from: B/DECKER A6171 50M LINE ON STORAGE SPOOL (DIY & Tools)
I can highly recommend this strimmer line, I have a 160 foot garden and do a lot of strimming. This line did not break once and I have not had any line weld at all. It is good value and I will be ordering more soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent item. Turns a cheap tesco strimmer into a quality item, 14 July 2011
This review is from: B/DECKER A6171 50M LINE ON STORAGE SPOOL (DIY & Tools)
Bought an electric strimmer from tesco for 15 just to tidy up occasionally. It was useless the cord would snap every few seconds and a real frustration. Saw the reviews on this stuff and thought I'd give it a go. You need to cut off a metre or so from the roll and wrap it around your electric strimmer spool and Bobs your uncle. It never broke once up against fencing, trees, drains and hell I even started cutting the tall long grass and it did that as well. Dare I say it, but strimming is almost fun :)

Well worth the money and a great item.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best for less, 13 Aug 2009
This review is from: B/DECKER A6171 50M LINE ON STORAGE SPOOL (DIY & Tools)
This strimmer cord is first rate ,i've bought the cheap stuff in the past and its just rubbish.I've strimmed all the edges of my lawn today and never had to stop once ,something I've never done before,and its a lot cheaper than the diy stores are selling it for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Black & Decker Strimmer Line., 17 Oct 2010
Mr. M. Scrivener (England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: B/DECKER A6171 50M LINE ON STORAGE SPOOL (DIY & Tools)
I purchased this line for my "Flymo" twin line strimmer and I have to say it works perfectly.
It was a bit fiddly winding the two seperate lines onto the one spool but once it was in place it worked first time.
It doesn't break, even when you go up against sharp stones, brick, or edging which is something I can't say about the prevoius lines I have used.
Therfore in summary I would highly recommend this line as being good value and fit for purpose.....

5.0 out of 5 stars More for less, 30 May 2009
This review is from: B/DECKER A6171 50M LINE ON STORAGE SPOOL (DIY & Tools)
I purchased the cord to replenish my old Black and Decker strimmer. Even with post and packing from a cost point of view I saved over 70% on highstreet prices. The cord has been installed and works fine, this resupply may outlast the strimmer!
I cannot detect any difference in the cutting / useage of this cord to the previous cord.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: B/DECKER A6171 50M LINE ON STORAGE SPOOL (DIY & Tools)
This spool has saved me a lot of money.the product arrived very quickly,in good condition.i can now service my own strimmer with my own line.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can be used for 3D printing, 24 Dec 2013
J. D. Harrop "Jon Harrop" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: B/DECKER A6171 50M LINE ON STORAGE SPOOL (DIY & Tools)
I bought this to see if I could print it and indeed I can. Warps a lot because it is Nylon but printed objects are incredibly strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product., 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: B/DECKER A6171 50M LINE ON STORAGE SPOOL (DIY & Tools)
This is the best spool I have found on the market. It lasts a long time. Is easy to fit onto my strimmer. It is the second one I have bought. I did make a mistake and ordered another type which did not last. So will always use this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great storage spool, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: B/DECKER A6171 50M LINE ON STORAGE SPOOL (DIY & Tools)
Great storage spool.and line. Perfect for it's intended use and plenty of it. The service was quick and efficient and would order from this advertiser again.

ARRAY(0xb48f3f84)