Format: DVD|Change

WHAT A WELL MADE FILM, THE SCENES AND THE LOCATIONS WERE MADE VERY WELL,
AND THE WAY 'BENJI' TOOK ON THE ROLE OF FOSTER MOTHER TO THESE LITTLE
COUGAR CUBS WAS SO REAL. IF THEY GAVE AN 'OSCAR' TO ANIMAL STARS THEN I
KNOW THAT 'BENJI' WOULD GET ONE, HE IS SUCH AN APPEALING DOG, AND I WOULD
WATCH MORE OF HIS FILMS.... GOOD FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT, WELL DONE 'BENJI'.
on 1 February 2005
The menus on the DVD are nice in that as the DVD starts up, it allows you to select a preferred language which the rest of the DVD's menus will then be presented in. The menus are static, and contain imagery from the film.

The movie is presented in 1.85:1 Non-anamorphic widescreen. At times the video can appear a little grainy, but this is likely the result of how the movie was filmed (natural lighting/fast film stocks). Personally, I don't mind the print's grain and am glad that Disney didn't apply any digital filtering to remove it; doing so would have further softened the picture and destroyed detail. However, if there's a better film print out there, hopefully it will be utilized whenever this film is remastered in High Definition. From the looks of the Disney logo at the beginning of the movie, this print is a little worn. Overall - The beautiful scenery in the movie comes through looking very good and most people will be happy with it. This is probably the best Benji the Hunted has ever looked on any home video format, but there's still room for improvement.

I don't have a great sound system - just the speakers on the TV - but it sounded fine. The DVD has 5.1 Dolby Digital tracks in both English and Spanish. There are subtitles for English, Spanish, Swedish, Norweigen, Danish, and Finnish.

There are no extras at all.
on 30 December 2012
Ok...with some people here recommending this is a great family film others implying it is anything but, I guess it could be very confusing for anyone who has not seen the film to decide. Hopefully this will help.....

Overall this is a really sweet film, well acted by the animals (and few people), it might sound silly but I don't think I've seen any other animal actor with such an expressive face as either Higgins or Benjean, the original Benji and his daughter respectively -the latter of whom is the star of this film. Since the focus is on the animals there is very little dialogue, and I think it says a lot for the film that you don't really miss it. The storyline speaks for itself.

I watched this film as a child and loved it, my grandfather even taped it for me and I eventually wore the tape out, but then I also preferred wildlife documentaries over most childrens cartoons from a very young age too......

Yes this film sad in places, but has it's sweet and heartwarming moments too, some chase scenes to add some action, and the film ends on a beautiful and happy note for everyone.

Personally I really like this film, even now as an adult, and loved it as a child, but not everyones the same and others have obviously reacted very differently. If you are still undecided I guess the only advice is to maybe rent the film and view it for yourself first, that way you can judge for yourself before showing it to your children and easily return it if you feel it isn't suitable for them.
on 5 March 2013
WHEN LIKE ME YOU ARE A DOG LOVER THE ADVENTURES OF THIS ADORABLE LITTLE BALL OF FUR IS REALLY HAERTWARMING. A MUST SEE FOR THOSE WHO LIKE ME ARE SOMETIMES BORED OF HUMAN BEINGS.
on 26 October 2013
This film was a good story and suitable for the whole family. My grandchildren thoroughly enjoyed it. I recommend it.
on 19 March 2016
This dvd is the most beautiful and heartbreaking dvd there is in the world and if you havent seen it you must buy it. Its all i am going to say for now because i dont want to tell to much about the story but i loved it as a child and bought it for my child Who keeps watching it over again. Going to buy the other dvds of benji soon.
on 6 March 2014
I first this film in the Sky movie Disney channel & I saw "wow what an amazing movie" and it make me "aww". So that is why I want to buy this movie and I'll keep it forever!!! Looking forward to receiving this movie.
on 29 January 2011
My son loved this film, it's a bit sad but sweet. Good for family viewing. Definitely in his top ten movies.
on 1 November 2014
Excellent condition . lovely film for soft hearted children or even adults!
on 8 February 2016