on 3 March 2013
This is obviously a very cheap knock off. I had problems from the start with the cable as it wouldn't sync my Ipod 160gb Classic properly. It then started connecting and disconnecting and eventually my Ipod became corrupted and wouldn't play. It somehow connected and attempted to sync after about three weeks of being useless and the problem was identified through the computer and rectified. I finally started to sync the Ipod with new music that was needing added, but the same thing happened again. My step daughter used it to sync her Iphone and it gave her an electric shock, sparked and smoke came from it.
This could have caused an electrical fire in our house.

Do not purchase this product as it is unsafe and will ruin your Apple product and potentially cause harm to you and your property.

I would not recommend this company or their products at all.
on 10 August 2009
Although the lead that was supplied worked fine, it was only actually ~150mm long. A bit naughty on the part of the seller trying to show a long lead when in fact it was only this long. Only saving grace was the clips for releasing lead from ipod....Buy at youre Peril!!!!!!.....
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
There are a lot of different iPod cable sellers out there, selling very cheap but not-Apple-branded equivalent products for a fraction of Apple's normal price for these accessories. Depending on which seller and which manufacturer you get, generally you'll have no problems; most of these cables (including the ones I've received) work just as well as the Apple products. They don't 100% match the picture but they charge and sync an iPod and an iPhone without any problems.

However you are running the slight danger that you might have a bit of hassle, if you get a duff cable (it does happen) or a dodgy seller (there are a handful). But then that's just the price you pay- or rather don't pay- for getting a cable for a fraction of the Apple cost.
on 25 July 2013
Received promptly but the cable has a very limited use for my IPAD.

The rate of charge is too low - so when I charge my IPAD from a fully discharged condition and even when the batt charge shows up to 5% it is not possible to charge and use the IPAD at the same time-the IPAD shuts off (this never happens with the original IPAD cable).
Another thing that I have noticed is that when I charge the IPAD to 100% using this cable, the charge retention is for a much shorter time, as compare to charging using the original IPAD charge cable.
So all in all I have kept this cable as a standby but DO NOT consider it OK for regular use.
on 1 October 2011
Bought 2 of these leads,first try out of the box with my IPad.ITunes didn`t like it much,didn`t want to "recognise" the IPad at all initially,it kept dropping the link.When i tried to sync,it froze up & i could only get it back via the backup i made and using the original cable.Tried it with my Iphone,screwed it up totally and it`s now locked in "recovery" mode and unusable until i get it to an Apple store.They`re ok for charging purposes but i wouldn`t recommend you used it for sync or upgrades.Maybe i was just unlucky,but beware.
on 19 June 2013
At first i was sceptic of buying the product.

It seemed 'to good to be true' but i ordered it.

When it finally arrived (a bit late) it was absolutely brilliant. Can't fault it.

Works exactly as the OEM Apple Sync Cable. The connector does feel a bit plasticy. But hey, you cant complain for £00.05 (+P&P).

I would defiantly recommend the product.

Don't buy the Apple one at a rip off price when you can get this one for next to nothing, and it works exactly the same!
on 16 December 2013
It worked on day one, it still works 6 months on.

It feels solid and will continue to work. Far more cost effective than the branded cables.

Update 17th Feb's broken. The cable seems intact and hasn't really been moved much since it was purchased so it looks like it was a bad product. Would give it 1 star but it's so cheap that it's still more cost effective to buy a load of these and throw them away when they break instead of buying a £20 official Apple cable.
on 5 April 2012
This cable, just to be completely clear, is not a genuine Apple cable, but it could fool anyone, the cable works, and is nicely made, but unlike my genuine cable, the wire covers on both ends slip off with enough of a pull, the cable has been with me for six months, and the printed symbols indicating the USB and iPod connectors has rubbed off, however, my genuine Apple cable's symbols have not.

A great replacement, much cheaper than Apple's, but has the two aforementioned flaws.
on 24 December 2012
An absolute joke of a cable. for a moment i even thought they were plastic tubes with no actual wire in it. i have bought 3 of these and none worked. the first one snapped from the connector after its first use!! not exaggerating. the other 2 i was almost scared to use them and when i did use them they have not worked at all. I have returned them for a refund but i have not heard anything from the seller. avoid wasting your time and buy from another seller instead.
on 8 July 2004
It's not the official Apple iPod USB 2.0 cable but who says it does the job any worse? For that price, you simply can't go wrong! I slightly doubted the performance of the cable when I saw the price but having received it so promptly I couldn't wait to test it out. I plugged it in and it works perfectly. Great value for money, ten out of ten!!!