5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer joy to listen to.
Everyone knows Elvis for Rock 'n' Roll, but Elvis also sang Gospel songs. In fact, Elvis loved to sing Gospel, and this collection of songs is one of the best around.

Published on 26 Feb 2010 by A. J. Parkes

1.0 out of 5 stars still not arrived. ordered on the 1st of June
maybe i will like it when it turns up. but until it does i can only rate the product as above
Published 13 months ago by Darren Mayor

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer joy to listen to., 26 Feb 2010
A. J. Parkes "sekrapa" (Dudley, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Elvis Ultimate Gospel (Audio CD)

The quality of each recording is second to none and the whole CD is utter brilliance. Songs include the hit Crying in the Chapel and a rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone. I likes Bosom of Abraham and His Hand in Mine.

A joy to listen to and highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis Gospel, 24 Jan 2010
This review is from: Elvis Ultimate Gospel (Audio CD)
I have always loved Elvis Presley's Gospel Songs. He always sang with his heart. He was a man desperately seeking God's own Heart in his songs.

Beautifully sang and humbly delivered Elvis was truly a Great and gifted Worshipper.

4.0 out of 5 stars Elvis, the ultimate preacher, 5 Jun 2004
This review is from: Ultimate Gospel (Audio CD)
Those of you that have the collectors edition of "That's the way it is" may well want to splash out a few more pounds on this album. Although some of the tracks are from recordings in the 50's/60's it is tracks such as 'swing down sweet chariot' and 'bosom of Abraham' which really ties this album to "That's the Way it is" and the inpromtu performances with the Jordanaires. It's not going to be everyones cup of tea but I bought it for something different rather than Elv1s, 2nd to none or love songs. A great album for settling down to and listening to the wide vocal talent of Elvis. Only four stars because with the wide amount of gospel tracks available, this could well have been a double album which would have truly been ultimate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing and spiritually lifting., 23 April 2013
I'm suffering from severe depression and anxiety attacks at the moment and struggle to get through most days. I downloaded this yesterday on a whim as I used to like listening to Elvis sing gospel songs back in the old vinyl LP days.

For the first time in a very long while I felt my spirit lifting as I listened to this album on my Fire HD. The quality of the sound is very good, and the selection of tracks included is spot on. I was surprised just how much listening to this helped put me in a better frame of mind (albeit for a short while only).

Plenty variation in tracks, great sound quality and spiritually lifting make this a must have album for Elvis fans and lovers of gospel music.

5.0 out of 5 stars HE TOUCHED ME..BY ELVIS, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: Elvis Ultimate Gospel (Audio CD)
I do not like talking about this but I was looking for something for my funeral. I like He touched me.but I still not sure.. thanks j

4.0 out of 5 stars enriching, 12 Jan 2014
This collection of gospel gives a person a wealth of strength. The deeply held faith of Elvis is expressed with warmth & passion & joy .His voice makes me feel so connected to God.without being to ."institutional".
I find myself uplifted & grateful to own this music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it playing continuously in the kitchen!, 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: Elvis Ultimate Gospel (Audio CD)
Some truly wonderful tracks. Singing and dancing along as I cook! Wonderful selection. " I don't know just what I'd do if the Lord wasn't walking by my side" !

5.0 out of 5 stars Elvis is the best singer in the world, 12 Oct 2011
This review is from: Elvis Ultimate Gospel (Audio CD)
This cd is just wonderfull,his voice is perfect.I love lisen to it over and over again ! Elvis is THE KING

5.0 out of 5 stars Gospel C.D., 8 Aug 2011
This review is from: Elvis Ultimate Gospel (Audio CD)
The Elvis Ultimate Gospel C.D. is a real treat. Whether you are really into gospel or not it is very much "easy listening". Would reccommend it to everyone, whether Elvis fans or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 8 Jun 2011
This review is from: Elvis Ultimate Gospel (Audio CD)
My wife had a gospel LP of Elvis, many years ago, now she has the songs on CD and she can play it again. Just what she wanted

Ultimate Gospel
Ultimate Gospel by Elvis Presley (Audio CD - 2013)