Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 March 2004
This CD is excatly what music should be. In an era where music labels complain of weak sales, this CD is captivating. The track listing is fun, imaginative, risk taking for the artist and ear candy for the fans. ANASTACIA is one of the most underappreciated artists in North America. Thank god the UK has the musical sense to pay attention to an artist aiming outside of the box. The songs on this CD are the perfect combination of rock guitar riffs, soul vocals and pop hooks. A must have for any collection !
on 3 April 2004
Wow! Where do I start. This album is absolutely phenomenol! I wasn't a great fan of Anastacia's when she first came out with I'm Outta Love. However her big voice and great songs that followed grew on me and persuaded me to buy Freak of Nature which was a cracker of an album. Her self titled follow up is just a masterpiece. Each song is great and trust me you won't be dissapointed. There are no fillers just great quality songs which all can be a single.
This is what a great record should sound like. It is great pop mixed with rock and you have the perfect finish. This will be one of the best albums of 2004 and make sure you don't miss out. Its really worth checking out the limited edition with the DVD as it offers so much more with the making of the album. Go buy it!
on 3 March 2005
I purchased this album in October last year and I wasn't at all disapointed! Unlike her other two albums - Not That Kind and Freak of Nature, the songs on this album mean something. Left Outside Alone was one of the biggest songs of 2004 yet didn't get to number one which I was unhappy about as she really deserves more recognition! The best five songs on the album (for me) have got to be Left Outside Alone, Sick and Tired, Welcome to my Truth, I Do + Seasons. I also seen her live and she was great. The experience was absolutley amazing! Her music does not only appeal to younger people, but older people also. She is a really all round artist. Get this album, you will not be sorry you did!
on 29 March 2004
Anastacia returns with this brilliant new album after two years since 2002's "Freak of Nature", and her sound has matured in more ways than you could ever imagine. In the two years since she last belted her way through "One Day In Your Life", she has battled with cancer, and she deals with her pain through the music in this album. Listening to some of these songs is near heart wrenching, but the listener is always drawn to Anastacia's beautiful voice. In the song "Welcome To My Truth", Anastacia sings, "My life turned around but I'm still living my dream." While this is definitely very mature compared to Anastacia's past outings, it in no way alienates her fans. Her voice is as marvellous as ever, and she has given the fans something to think about at the same time. Well done, Anastacia, this album is miles ahead of the competition!!
on 2 May 2004
definitely one of my greatest albums. Anastacia offers everything from pure pop "left outside alone" to rock "seasons change" to beautiful ballads "maybe today" and finally to shear brillance "welcome to my truth". Even if you are a returning anastacia fan or a new one this album has everything. Be sure not to be disappointed with not a bad track in sight. Potential singles include: welcome to my truth, sick and tired, rearview, and seasons change.
on 25 June 2004
Dunno what made me go out and buy this album as I've never been a huge fan of the lady in question although I did like her music but after hearing 'Left outside alone' a few times I had a good feeling about it and I'm sure glad I got it. It rocks! Literally. 'Sick and tired' is so infectious that it I continually play it and the other tracks are equally as good. Its one of those albums that you'll never tire of and doesn't even have an ok track on it as they're all cracking! I was pretty down when I at the time when I bought the album but certainly wasn't after belting it out a few times I can tell you! I've now been inspired to go see the lady in question in concert in November and can't wait. If you like kick ass rock chicks and theres only one album you buy this year make she its this one!
on 6 July 2004
The first time I heard 'Left Outside Alone' I knew I had to hear more. I'd always liked Anastacia but had never bought any of her stuff. As soon as I got the album I couldn't believe that every single track was great. My 2 favourite tracks on the album are the opener 'Seasons Change' which gave me goosepimples the first time i heard it, and my other favourite is track 9 'Sexy Single' which I can't get out of my head. As a boy I was a bit reluctant to buying this album but I don't regret it one bit. Anastacia is one of the best singers I've ever heard and this is one of the best albums i have bought this year BY FAR. If you like 'Left outside Alone' and her new single 'Sick &Tired' then I strongly advice you GO AND BUY THIS ALBUM NOW!!!
on 1 May 2004
this album is a tremendous come back for Anastacia. The Pop Diva returns as Rock Chick for her third album. I can see this appealing to musical tastes of Pop to Indie/Rock and beyond, such is the quality of the songs on offer here. This probably being the reason why it has already topped the album charts. I can see at least four singles spawning from this record, all of which would match the excellence of "Left Outside Alone". Rock fans note POD front man Sonny's contribution to the track "I do" - which is more than worthy of it. If you're contemplating the purchase of this fine album, your decision should now be made. Oh btw, did I mention Anastacia is also incredibly gorgeous?
on 9 June 2004
When I got this for birthday, I asked for it on a whim because I only liked one song, which is the one she has just released: "Left outside alone". But when I heard the rest of the CD I fell in love with it! Its perfect for a girl whos just got out of an exam and just wants to jump about and let her hair down!
Most of the songs are feel good songs. I tend to walk along the street listening to them and feeling like a supermodel just because of the songs!
Anyway, if you are a girl, get tyhis album! If you are not, then it might not be your thing, unless you like Anastacia of course!
on 7 April 2004
After what seems like a long time away from the world of music, The Goddess is back with a stomping album that really does kick ass! What have been the influences that Anastacia has been listening too that have created such a fab album. Well the first UK single Left outside alone,Time,Where do I belong, Seasons change and I Do have an Evanescence rock feel to them which in my book is a very good thing as they will have you stomping about singing your little hearts out. Sick and Tired has a different feel altogether with fab backing vocals from Thomas R Yezzi giving it a real ethnic feel. Of course ballad fans will not be disappointed with Heavy on my heart and Maybe today as they are her best yet. The rest are pure singalong rock. For an album that nearly didnt get here due to Anastacia being ill, we would certainly have missed out on her best yet.
Really looking forward to some mixes of the best singles released.