1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars This will be in the CD changer for the rest of 2004..., 26 May 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Wired (Audio CD)
Who Hyper? Blowed if I know, but if you have the first Y3K or Bedrock Breaks - Fractured (mixed by him), any other Y3Ks (some of his own stuff appears) then you'll know the type of thing. After wading into Meat Katie's Bedrock Breaks a couple of weeks back, I saw this in one of those damned clever Amazon 'If you handed over your hard-earned for that then allow us to lighten your wallet with this' things. I've been collecting breaks discs for a few years now, and having recognised two thirds of the names on the sleeve as well as the lad himself, I thought I'd hoe into this too.
The Meat Katie LP, as other reviewers have remarked, is heavier than your average breaks compy. This puppy shifts the average much further up. I'm not usually taken to using a ph when an f is perfectly serviceable, but for this LP I'll make an exception. I don't know what it actually means but phat scarcely does 'Wired' justice. Chillout schmillout.
It all kicks off with no intro, just straight into bouncing and thrashing about and ending about 650MB later. And you can still hear the banging as you slip the second disc in. Then it happens all over again. Heavy beats and top drawer hooks all the way through. Best tracks are from Hyper, Moguai (good for rocking out), Uberzone (down for the next Y4K), Stir Fry, Marscruiser etc. but it seems a mite churlish to single any out. This is only LP I've bought in my post-iPod world which only has 5-star tracks on it.
It's not pared down. It's not minialist. It's not intelligent electronica. It's not nu-post-electro-skool. There's no cooling off - you buy it you break it. It's a maxed-out torque wrench for the cochlea that'll put hairs on your chest. You too, ladies.
Phormidable. Blast.

Wired
Wired by Hyper (Audio CD)