First of all, I was contemplating on whether to buy the Voctorinox Craftsman, but after much procrastination I decided to spend 6 pounds extra in order to get the Champ.

Published on 3 Jun 2006 by Ethan Hammond

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant tool
Really good and handy tool. I bought his one as a gift to a dear friend. I have one that I bought previously and I carry it in my bag all the time for emergency fixes.
One concern was the box didn't look new and the tools were not wrapped as if it was a used one. I was not impressed as I was paying for a new one! and it's a gift!!
Published 14 months ago by Mrs R El-Hilu

5.0 out of 5 stars An indispensible multitool that will withstand more then a few knocks!, 3 Jun 2006
This review is from: Victorinox SwissChamp swiss knife grey/red swiss knife (Sports)

I am a student and it is a real pain, when I don't have utensils or tools to hand. I have used the knife on so many occasions, such as cutting food, perforating packaging and a multitude of other things. The other components such as the saw, screwdrivers and reamer have come in handy, when assembling flat packed furniture. Lastly the tweezers have a literal god send in removing splinters or picking up delicate items that are fiddly such as watch screws.

One tiny disadvantage is that the pliers cannot really be used for anything too substantial. The jaw span of them only seem to open to half an inch, thus the pliers are not practical for the big bolts and hexs around the house. But with that said, that isnt really a big problem and they are still useful for small camping based jobs, such as mending portable butane stoves or aspects of your tent. To remedy this I also have a pair of Sebertool (M2) snap on pliers that I carry with me.

Im yet to backpack to Croatia and Romania and I am inevitably going to throw this into my travel luggage.

In regards to the dimenisions of the knife, I would say it definitely fits snuggly into my hand and is in now way cumbersome ! I have the tan brown leather Victorinox pouch and so I have the 'Champ' holstered on my person most of the time, whether outside on the town or in the house.

I have owned 2 swiss army knives (huntsman and classic SD), but I must say that this knife is the most durable and useful that I have ever come across. It really is an essential piece of kit equally useful to both men and women. I cannot complement this knife too highly!

P.s. This knife has a lifetime warranty (with proof of purchase shown) and Victorinox UK have excellent customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Anniversary Gift, 4 Jun 2010
I bought this knife for my husband for our wedding anniversary, what a brilliant gift, It has temporarily turned him into a child again, opening anything and everything!! Extremely good value for money and an amazing gift for the man who has no idea what he wants!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It does everything!, 2 Feb 2009
I bought this for my husband for Christmas and he was well chuffed with it.It is so handy for those little jobs when you can't be bothered to rummage through the tool box or trudge down to the shed or even when your out and about.I think he would be lost without it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic gift for a man who's difficult to buy for, 8 May 2005
Elise (Southend on Sea, UK) - See all my reviews
My dad is extremely difficult to buy presents for, you spend hours trekking round shops wracking your brains, and even when he gets them tends to be inscrutable and so you're never quite sure whether he really likes what you've bought or not. In general, therefore birthday present buying is approached with some trepidation. This year I bought him this swiss army knife, knowing that he had a much more basic one and found it useful.
I was not disappointed, he actually appeared very pleased, and spent a lot of time investigating the uses of all the attachments (which there appear to be a couple of hundred of). I can highly recommend it for any man who loves a gadget, and as it comes inside a box, it's even easy to wrap up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Swiss multi function pen knife, 22 Feb 2010
Mr. J. Prosser (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
Swiss quality is hard to beat. There are copies but they are never the same quality. it it is one of those devices that you will use almost every day> it might be a bit cliche but I do wonder how I managed before I had one

5.0 out of 5 stars Has everything you need., 31 Jan 2010
Helpless "Helpless" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I bought this for my nephew who is a scout. He simply adores it, it is well made and with everything you need to see you through a hard weekends camping!.
Seriously though, it is very well specified and is extremely well made. It is also easy and comfortable in use. Everything works as it should and it has just about anything that you would need in a penknife. The other point is that it is unassuming and in this day and age, if you are a scout out camping you have a legitimate use for it.

I have had a swiss army knife ( the same one ) that was given to me 23 years ago. It is still as good as the day it was bought.

If there is something you think it lacks in the great outdoors then I suggest you start carting a full tool kit round with you!

5.0 out of 5 stars swiss army knife, 8 Feb 2009
C. saunders ""Carol's Childcare"" (Essex . UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic xmas pressie for my partner, he loves it.
Arrived before expected, packed well Really pleased

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but scratched, 12 Oct 2011
I bought this item last week for an anniversary present for my boyfriend.
It arrived so fast i couldn't even believe it. About two days it took to get here when it had been expected 4 days after online purchase.
Everything was fine until I noticed that the box was slightly scruffy and not sealed correctly. No tape closed the box and it looked like it may have been opened before.
I ignored this minor detail, and I decided to survey the army knife incase it had been touched. And to my surprise there were small scratches on the side, sounds silly but it looked as though someone had scratched the side with a nail file. I opened all the little gadgets up (with great difficulty because they are so tightly compact) and noticed water in all the joints as though it had been recently washed.
I am not returning the item because the defects are that minor but I decided to write feedback incase this happens to anybody else.
Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Victorinox, 4 April 2011
I have had one of these for 15 Years. Unfortunately airport security ended up with it so i had to buy new. I am gad to see that the new knife is not just as good as the old one they have managed to improve it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good toold, sharp as hell!, 10 May 2012
Very good knife, my friend got a Gerber and i got a swiss champ. I like my swiss champ more, as it's got more tools and looks good. My friends folding knife locks open, so it's not very legal!

ARRAY(0xb3d4c144)