on 8 October 2014
Love my Victorinox so much that I've purchased another one as a gift. It's got me out of quite a few tricky situations. Care when using ...the blades are incredibly sharp! Very practical gift, anyone guy would appreciate.
on 24 May 2010
Small enough to be handy and pocketable but big enough to fit the important tools without carrying much dead weight. Only slight question marks are the hook and Philips driver which could have made way for the more useful saw (you can use other tools to replicate both functions anyway).

Exceptional quality in fit, finish and quality of steel used - if you've never seen them before, the blades maintain an amazing gloss and edge for years, the small blade making an excellent stand-in for a scalpel - that come as standard on all Victorinox kit. Great value tool.
on 14 February 2011
The explorer is a perfect blend of functionality and size. I have a few Swiss knives but this is the knife I carry with me all the time. I lost this knife's predecessor and had to replace it.

There are 2 flat screwdrivers: one doubles as a tin opener and the other a crown cap opener (very useful!). The larger screwdriver has a wire stiper so you have all you need to wire a plug in this knife. The Phillips head screwdriver is the main reason I bought this knife. It is a good sized head. The magnifying glass is useful too. The focal length is such that you can use it for starting fires - when we have sun.

The toothpick is good but not for sharing. The tweezers is a little fiddly but it has its uses. I store my knife in a pouch so the key-ring is not used much by me.

The blades and scissors are legendary and I use them a lot. The large blade is good for food preparation - I usually clean the blade under boiling water for hygiene.

I have two improvement for Victorinox (and you if you want to spend extra money). Buy the mini screwdriver for glasses etc. It slots into the corkscrew. If you replace the handles with handles from the "Champ" you can have all the benefits of the explorer's size but adding a pen and a pin to you knife. The pen is very useful. The pin - occasionally.

The build quality is super - as you would expect from Victorinox.

I own a Champ, a CyberTool, a Traveller lite... but the Explorer with the modified handles is the knife I carry. The knife is genuinely pocket sized and is highly recommended.
on 21 March 2014
Delighted with this knife. Has all the necessary items to meet my needs. Have used a few applications and all operate well.
on 16 December 2014
Most things have been said about this product already. It is sturdy, well made and of course carries the Swiss Army cachet. I bought it as a present and perhaps its true value will not be realised until a donkey is troubled with a stone in its hoof on a wet night in Santiago. Maybe a lonely night in a Manchester bed-sit will be saved by the cork screw. They are wonderful things which cut spear and poke an autobiography.
on 17 May 2015
Top quality knife, use it loads as I'm a Scout leader and it's a good reliable brand that is backed up by products like this, there are cheaper alternatives, but the blades WILL go blunt on you faster! Loads of useful tools and some that I don't think I'll use much, but both blades are really useful, durable and sharp and the two scredrivers having 90 and 180 degree lock offs is unbelievably useful!
on 12 March 2014
The Explorer is my favourite Swiss Army knife as it has all the tools I want, especially the magnifying glass. The one bug bear I have with Victorinox knives is that the spring on the scissors breaks after a couple of years of use, I would hope they would last a bit longer for the price of the knife. New springs can be bought, but I have no success in making them stay in place.
on 3 January 2013
Bought as a replacement for my husband's 30 year old Swiss Army Knife which he had lost. He was very pleased with it, the usual fantastic SA quality and at a great price. Delivery was excellent. He loved all the 'new' tools, especially the magnifying glass, scissors (very sharp) and the tiny tweezers and tooth pick in the handle. Should be good for another 30 years! Thank you
on 19 February 2014
Having lost my swiss army knife, I was lost without it so I had to order a replacement. These knives are brilliant stainless steel attachments so they won't rust and there are enough variations to suit your particular needs. if you ever have to buy a pocket knife make sure it's a Swiss army knife by Victorinox the most useful gadget you'll ever buy!!
on 20 February 2013
I researched the different types of army knives and decided to buy this one as a christmas gift for my husband. It's brilliant and has a great range of tools. The price is excellent as they're really expensive everywhere else. It's just a shame that I couldn't buy one in a gift box, but otherwise a great buy!