5.0 out of 5 stars Great router, but not at this price, 18 May 2004
This review is from: DeWalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
Perhaps the best router available in this power range. It's a heavy beast, so only buy something this powerful if you really need it. Considering its size, it is ok to handle freehand, but comes into its own mounted in a router table. It has good safety features with an excellent power switch. Shop around to get it for under £250. I got mine for £230 with fine height adjuster. Also look at the CMT 1850 which is the same thing except it's orange instead of yellow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro quality, 1 Sept. 2011
J. Lunn (Devon England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DeWalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
I am a professional cabinetmaker and have had the CMT version of this router for many years. Build quality is superb. Very solid unit, smooth plunge, easy to operate controls and very powerful with soft start. They don't come any better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine, 18 Mar. 2012
Chengiz (Greater Noida, India) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DeWalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
The DeWalt 625 has been around for a while and lacks some of the features that come with the newer routers. However, I have come to realise that a well built, reputed machine with a sound design is often a better choice than newer ones with unknown quirks. The DeWalt 625 is a heavy, powerful beast that excels when used with half inch shank cutters. It handles well and cuts cleanly through the hardest of wood without the slightest chatter or protest. Its precision depth control is a very useful feature and its plunge action is extremely smooth. Its turret stops could have been better with more steps as in Bosch machines but that is not a great negative point. The baseplate design of the DeWalt 625 could, however, be vastly improved upon. The base is solid cast aluminium of some sort and the guide bush supplied does not fit very well. But I am extremely happy to possess this powerful router, which I suppose is no longer in production. I intend to take good care of it and hope it lasts me a lifetime.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it!!, 26 Aug. 2013
M. Favager "apache_sim" (Suffolk UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DeWalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
Certainly some very good reviews for this router, which is why I bought it. It certainly lives up to the write ups and reviews that I have read. One minor gripe is the micro adjuster, which appears and feels more like an after thought than the usual DEWALT build.

5.0 out of 5 stars Router, 24 Dec. 2013
This review is from: DeWalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
Refitting a kitchen and had to buy a router for the kitchen tops. The choice was narrowed down to the DeWalt and it proved to be a really good one. No slowing of the motor on cutting; really easy to use. I love using it and would recommend it for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars this IS the best router in its class, 12 Aug. 2011
jzaw (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DeWalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
I've had this router for quite a few years now. It's easy to use as a 'hand' tool with the soft start speed up almost preventing all kick during spin up. Solid balanced handles with perfectly accessible switch. The variable speed electronic motor control almost completely prevents slowdown under highload work except for extreme pressure where your're actually pressing too hard (let the tool do the work!!! don't press too hard - true of any tool)

This router has never let me down. Just about the toughest job I've done with is it so route raised panels with the largest router cutter having a huge 10cm diameter. Mounted in a table and making gradual ever deeper cuts, the router never slowed down and allowed me to make 12 raised panel doors in record time.

The other cheap routers I've had don't even compare. Screws coming loose, levers breaking, bearings wearing out and motors actually burning out! etc etc. Spend a little extra and get a quality tool.

DeWalt, Freud, Festool and Makita etc are in a class of their own: all good choices, with subtle differences the choice of which will depend on your exact needs or style of work.

I'm quite the fan of DeWalt tools (though not exclusively so, I do have tools from other manufacturers: Worx Sonicrafter pro 607.1 for instance being a surprisingly quality tool) Having acquired a DC925 18v hammer drill with 3 batteries some years ago and then later a DC825 18v impact driver, I obviously had to continue with DeWalt 18v tools, one doesn't want to have different sets of manufacturers batteries and chargers. The DW934 trim saw with a 4th 18v battery was an easy choice and didn't disappoint. These three have allowed me to build and convert a loft and fit a new fully joisted tng floor and dormer window. Two pass cutting 9x3's while in a tight space in the loft and single pass cutting 6x2 floor joists, then auger drilling 22mm holes to hardwood peg joints in wood. Having pilot drilled and counter sunk the holes in the tng real wood flooring I screwed almost 2,000 screws with the impact driver.

As I've mentioned above most _quality_ tools would have managed the job too but DeWalt is certainly in the top 5 if not 3 if not infact #1 postition

This router is 100% recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 22 Feb. 2015
This review is from: DeWalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
Great tool, very powerful, and well made. That said I'ts also a profesional level machine, so very HEAVY making it difficult to do smaller jobs without a router table.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
This review is from: DeWalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
It arrived well packaged and in a practical case. Met all expectations and was quieter than previous model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rout 'til you drop!, 20 Jun. 2014
This review is from: DeWalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
The Dewalt brand has a very good reputation and is often the tool of choice among many experienced and participating workmen out on the building sites in particular with the trademark yellow and black casing and logo are tell tale signs that it is a Dewalt product, so it's no secret then that the Dewalt DW625EK would be the tool of choice for carpenters/joiners in the trade.

Having had a year borrowing one from my old college, I don't own one as I don't do a lot of routing or enough to validate my possesion of one, However, it is a good tool, me and my classmates would use it between us for hours at a time and it just keeps going, this indicates that it is inded, a quality tool that needed minimum assistance in setting up as the adjustments are simple as are changing the router bit, without even trying to sell it to you, the viewer, the best place for this is probably a workshop and particularly, a shop that makes doors, skirting boards, stairs or jigs. It is good practice to go 3 mm per pass as this will be comfortable, the power of it is also good for making tongue and groove joints which would be used for flooring, providing you have the right thickness of wood, you would typically do the long mortice and tennon type joint on the sides and then sell the pieces or use them for your own D.I.Y project.

Speaking of mortice and tennons, they can be done to an exact measurement if you simply mark out your pieces. The router is most useful when paired with some heavy duty clamps or woodworking vice which would be sold seperately, you are unlikely to see this on a building site as I work on one, the carpenter uses butt joints and the windows are made of metal although you can have wooden windows, you wouldn't see this on a building site as the site I work on is fast paced, there isn't enough time for being fancy although proper joints are strong and will last as long as the wood, you would use the router for professional and commercial purposes. A tool like this is quite expensive but if you sell regularly and use this router to help you sell, it will pay for itself in little over a week. Although my current job is a labourer on a building site, I have made wooden items at home to sell and I have considered this as part of my kit.

if you do take the plunge (pun intended) to buy this, you won't be dissapointed. I give 5 star reviews to any tool that is virtually maintenace free, powerful and does what it's designed to do in less time which in most cases, results in more money being generated. first weigh up what kind of carpenter are you ? a D.I.Yer or a Joiner? do you do a lot of routing? if so then buy this, fast, efficient, portable, Dewalt is good choice, I was given a used a battery dewalt drill which saw some heavy use and broke but while it was working , it was the best drill i've ever used and I had no issues with it, this Dewalt router is no exception , be safe, work hard, choose dewalt :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 May 2015