5.0 out of 5 stars Great router, but not at this price, 18 May 2004
This review is from: Dewalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
Perhaps the best router available in this power range. It's a heavy beast, so only buy something this powerful if you really need it. Considering its size, it is ok to handle freehand, but comes into its own mounted in a router table. It has good safety features with an excellent power switch. Shop around to get it for under 250. I got mine for 230 with fine height adjuster. Also look at the CMT 1850 which is the same thing except it's orange instead of yellow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro quality, 1 Sep 2011
J. Lunn (Devon England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dewalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
I am a professional cabinetmaker and have had the CMT version of this router for many years. Build quality is superb. Very solid unit, smooth plunge, easy to operate controls and very powerful with soft start. They don't come any better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine, 18 Mar 2012
Chengiz (Greater Noida, India) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dewalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
The DeWalt 625 has been around for a while and lacks some of the features that come with the newer routers. However, I have come to realise that a well built, reputed machine with a sound design is often a better choice than newer ones with unknown quirks. The DeWalt 625 is a heavy, powerful beast that excels when used with half inch shank cutters. It handles well and cuts cleanly through the hardest of wood without the slightest chatter or protest. Its precision depth control is a very useful feature and its plunge action is extremely smooth. Its turret stops could have been better with more steps as in Bosch machines but that is not a great negative point. The baseplate design of the DeWalt 625 could, however, be vastly improved upon. The base is solid cast aluminium of some sort and the guide bush supplied does not fit very well. But I am extremely happy to possess this powerful router, which I suppose is no longer in production. I intend to take good care of it and hope it lasts me a lifetime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
This review is from: Dewalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
It arrived well packaged and in a practical case. Met all expectations and was quieter than previous model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Router, 24 Dec 2013
This review is from: Dewalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
Refitting a kitchen and had to buy a router for the kitchen tops. The choice was narrowed down to the DeWalt and it proved to be a really good one. No slowing of the motor on cutting; really easy to use. I love using it and would recommend it for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it!!, 26 Aug 2013
M. Favager "apache_sim" (Suffolk UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dewalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
Certainly some very good reviews for this router, which is why I bought it. It certainly lives up to the write ups and reviews that I have read. One minor gripe is the micro adjuster, which appears and feels more like an after thought than the usual DEWALT build.

5.0 out of 5 stars this IS the best router in its class, 12 Aug 2011
jzaw (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dewalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
I've had this router for quite a few years now. It's easy to use as a 'hand' tool with the soft start speed up almost preventing all kick during spin up. Solid balanced handles with perfectly accessible switch. The variable speed electronic motor control almost completely prevents slowdown under highload work except for extreme pressure where your're actually pressing too hard (let the tool do the work!!! don't press too hard - true of any tool)

This router has never let me down. Just about the toughest job I've done with is it so route raised panels with the largest router cutter having a huge 10cm diameter. Mounted in a table and making gradual ever deeper cuts, the router never slowed down and allowed me to make 12 raised panel doors in record time.

The other cheap routers I've had don't even compare. Screws coming loose, levers breaking, bearings wearing out and motors actually burning out! etc etc. Spend a little extra and get a quality tool.

DeWalt, Freud, Festool and Makita etc are in a class of their own: all good choices, with subtle differences the choice of which will depend on your exact needs or style of work.

I'm quite the fan of DeWalt tools (though not exclusively so, I do have tools from other manufacturers: Worx Sonicrafter pro 607.1 for instance being a surprisingly quality tool) Having acquired a DC925 18v hammer drill with 3 batteries some years ago and then later a DC825 18v impact driver, I obviously had to continue with DeWalt 18v tools, one doesn't want to have different sets of manufacturers batteries and chargers. The DW934 trim saw with a 4th 18v battery was an easy choice and didn't disappoint. These three have allowed me to build and convert a loft and fit a new fully joisted tng floor and dormer window. Two pass cutting 9x3's while in a tight space in the loft and single pass cutting 6x2 floor joists, then auger drilling 22mm holes to hardwood peg joints in wood. Having pilot drilled and counter sunk the holes in the tng real wood flooring I screwed almost 2,000 screws with the impact driver.

As I've mentioned above most _quality_ tools would have managed the job too but DeWalt is certainly in the top 5 if not 3 if not infact #1 postition

This router is 100% recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Big ol' Dewalt Router - great for heavy work, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Dewalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W (DIY & Tools)
I remember using this router, I was using it for all sorts of things from door mouldings to mortices to window frames on a job, you can certainly go for hours on end without breaks and it keeps going like a noble soldier wading through the mud and refusing to surrender. the most noticeable aspect is the sheer power of it, using the right bit and knowing which way the bit spins ( will become obvious+important) beautiful mouldings and curves (with the right jig) can be created in no time at all, what would take you a few days/weeks to chisel out by hand and not have a good result this cuts as if the wood were acting like butter, the same one I used came with a removeable fence to guarantee straightness and setup is very easy, very quick, you can plough through wood at a good speed and for long periods, still you need to "progress" the cut by 2-3 mm ... I tried 15mm deep moulding with 10 mm bit in one swoop and it started smoking and was hard to control, definitely DON'T push the tool beyond it's capabilities like i did as the sound changed as well to unpleasent/unnatural, always let the tool do the work. It is a fairly heavy beast so I always use both hands to carry and isolate when changing router bit, good for you if you're running a business, with this router, I can't see how it can go wrong if used in a safe, controlled manner, Unfortunately I don't own one I was borrowing it but I'd reccommend it for business purposes, even at home although be aware of the neighbors, this is essential for bespoke, professional work as the results are phenominal. I hope to get one soon as I am starting my own business. The only downside I hear is the noise, it is incredibly loud for it's size but that is the nature of the beast, wear headphones. for D.I.Y I don't think this would be viable to you and at this price all the more so. If you need to do a lot of routing you should buy this in confidence, as soon as you use it and respect it as if it were your wife, the tool will enable you to do things otherwise impossible by hand.

Dewalt DW625EK 230V PLUNGE ROUTER 2000W