5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Pressure Cooker
This is a wonderful pressure cooker; easy to use whilst producing tender mouth watering food, especially chicken, lamb and beef dishes.

The hard anodized aluminium is an excellent heat conductor which helps food to remain hot inside the closed pressure cooker for a long time after the heat source has been turned off.

Very highly recommended.
Published on 8 Jan. 2007 by Jaydene H

At the moment there is a notice on the Prestige website where they are doing a recall of their products due to steam release problems.
Though this product was not mentioned, we experienced the same very dangerous build up of steam & the pressure cooker lid DID explode leaving a mess in the kitchen & narrowly missed my elderly disabled mum by inches.
Prestige did...
Published on 28 Nov. 2012 by shaysmum

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Pressure Cooker, 8 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Prestige Smartplus Hard Anodised Duo Pressure Cooker - 6 Litre (Kitchen & Home)

Very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars great pressure cooker, 29 Mar. 2009
This is great. I was concerned as I've only had stainless steel before but I like the anodised finish as it looks smart and it makes it more stick-proof inside. I've had pressure cookers for the last 24 years and have used them almost daily and this is one of the best.

4.0 out of 5 stars 6 litre Prestige pressure cooker, 30 April 2009
Mrs. Rosemary V. Taylor (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
It is easy to use and easy to wash, and does not stick, even when you forget to stop the cooking in time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pressure cooker, 19 Aug. 2009
Mrs. H. K. Cooke (Warwickshire, England) - See all my reviews
I'm really pleased with my new pressure cooker. It's very easy to use and very easy to clean. However, I miss the fact it hasn't got a timer but manage with the automatic timer on my cooker so not a real problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic timesaver, 13 April 2009
Mrs. T. A. Murray (UK) - See all my reviews
Prestige Smartplus Hard Anodised Duo Pressure Cooker, 6 Litre
We had a Prestige Pressure Cooker for a wedding present over 22yrs ago and it is still usable but we wanted to update it with a modern version. Wow! It gets up to pressure so much quicker than our last one and you can cook anything in them. I would throughly recommend this item to anyone who has a busy life but likes to cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prestige Smartplus Pressure Cooker Review, 28 Dec. 2009
Mrs T. (Lancashire UK) - See all my reviews
I am absolutely delighted with my Prestige Smartplus Pressure Cooker, which I bought from Amazon. The price, quality and delivery were all excellent. I would certainly use Amazon for future similar purchases.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use non stick cooker, 14 Oct. 2011
I bought this for my parents' Christmas present and I got to try it out this week.

Construction:
The anodised pan seems sturdy overall although the outside of it showed scratches through to the metal after only 2 uses, and no one can remember scratching it on anything! It has a shiny metal lid so you have to be careful when storing it so as not to damage the surface. The guage for selecting the pressure and for letting off steam feels loose and jiggly, it works but the plastic is cheap and made me feel a bit nervous. The thing that made me feel the most nervous was the handle. You can easily tell when it has locked because a little dial moves over to the right, but the handle on the lid doesn't really match up tightly to the handle on the base. It moved around from side to side and it made me wonder whether I had locked the lid properly. It was on correctly but it just didn't feel like it was!

Usage:
I used it to brown foods before adding liquid and bringing it up to pressure. When at pressure it doesn't leak much, just a tiny dribble of water next to the handle and it is fairly quiet, it makes a low hiss while cooking. The pressure indicator is a little red button which pops up very obviously so you can't miss it. When it is time to open the lid you can release steam by turning the jiggly knob thing to the picture of the steam cloud and it shoots out the steam in a long jet sideways. It doesn't release it near your hand so in that respect it is very safe. It was overall very easy to use.
It is easy to clean, although already looked slightly worn after a few uses.

Food:
Food cooks quickly and tastes great. No sticking!

Instruction book: Easy to follow instructions but the recipes are fairly basic and not particularly inspiring, although enough to get you started with.

Overall:
There aren't many non stick pressure cookers around but this does the job adequately. The quality could have been a lot better; my 6L stainless steel Tower cooker is much more robust and well-made (and costs less). In the end, the food that came out of it was good, but I am not convinced that this would last for years and years. I prefer my Tower one overall, but this non-stick one is easier to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars prestige smartplus pressure cooker, 11 Mar. 2010
I had my last prestige pressure cooker (stainless steel) for 20 years so had good use out of it and thought it was very good but heavy the new smartplus Anodised duo is lighter and i like it much better pleased i bought this one. I think the cooking instruction book could be better by giving times for basic cooking e.g. plainer dishes i use my experience to guide me on the times. would recommend this to my friends as the one to buy

1.0 out of 5 stars Lid failure after 12 months not covered!! Beware of explosions :(, 28 Nov. 2012
Prestige did not want to know at all. I pushed for a replacement lid, it came back with a screw loose inside & me being told WE were responsible for the explosion despite a recall being put into place.
I would never buy from Prestige again.

4.0 out of 5 stars chrisu, 15 Feb. 2010
C. M. Upton (UK) - See all my reviews
I have always had a pressure cooker but my old one kept leaking even with a new rubber ring so I thought I would treat myself. I am so glad I chose this version. It is really easy to use and cleaning is a doddle. The quick pressure release is good too as before I had to put the pan in cold water to speed things up. I would definitely recommend this version over the old aluminium one and the extra money is worth it.