5.0 out of 5 stars Spare battery....nuff said.
I bought a spare one of these for my 5D.

It's rated at 1390 mAh and 7.4V. As it's an official Canon product it won't invalidate your warranty if that's a consideration.

Published on 23 Oct 2007 by brainleek007

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful, not all batteries are made equal.
Published on 24 Sep 2009 by Dan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Spare battery....nuff said., 23 Oct 2007
brainleek007 (Bracknell) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Canon BP-511A Battery Pack (Electronics)
I bought a spare one of these for my 5D.

These battery packs give a very high number of shots and I feel confident with two of these fully charged I can shoot all day, review photos to my heart's content and use battery draining IS lenses without worry. In fact I've only had to change batteries on one occasion and by that time I'd had enough anyway! I think they are rated to give around 800 shots.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars You need that anyway, 15 Sep 2009
This review is from: Canon BP-511A Battery Pack (Electronics)
That's the battery for Canon 40D, I am not sure how about your model, check it on the web. The battery is the same you get with your camera. I bought it for my grip, so now the battery is no more issue for me. I used to get 1000 shots with one of them, now when I have two- I guess there won't be such time when I run out of battery power. Don't go for cheap replacements. What's original- is good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful, not all batteries are made equal., 24 Sep 2009
This review is from: Canon BP-511A Battery Pack (Electronics)
I got one of the batteries with the label that was of dubious origin, it is definitely NOT a uk spec battery, probably just an import rather than a fake, but I got a duff one, it would not hold it's charge. Seller has offered a full refund, so not a big problem, more of an inconvenience really, but worth pointing out that you're are probably not getting a genuine UK spec battery when ordering this item so it's a little misleading really, maybe it's just a market place thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Canon Battery Pack, 9 Sep 2009
Mark Neilson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon BP-511A Battery Pack (Electronics)
Genuine Canon battery. I bought a Duracell alternative less than a year ago and it died on me. Super fast delivery. Great price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit: *Not* a genuine product, 26 July 2012
This review is from: Canon BP-511A Battery Pack (Electronics)
YMMV, but I'm afraid that this item** (see below) came in suspicious packaging with a number of defects/ differences in appearance from the genuine. You should read the advisory on Canon's website for picking out counterfeits.

My suspicions were aroused by:

1. The blue colour cast on the back label at the back differs from the (same) battery that came with my EOS 40D, which I assume is genuine. :-) (well, at least it's only showing signs of wear now, 4 years and ~15000 shots later (although I hardly use flash), lasting >1000 RAW shots between charges.

2. The font on the Canon C is unlike the Canon trademark.

3. The arrangement of the icons differs from the aforementioned genuine battery.

4. This item lacks the part/batch(?) number marking that's present in the aforementioned genuine battery.

5. There are mistakes in the wording of the advisory at the back.

**(From a seller called "Power supply" trading under "meir schwartz"- or is it the other way round-, order fulfilled by Amazon)

I will be returning this item, and I'd very much like to thank the previous customers who have illustrated the counterfeit issues in the description. [Clearly this problem dates back some time and Amazon really ought to have done something about it! Are you listening, Amazon?]

So, my beloved 40D just had a close call :-c Kuddos, folks!

5.0 out of 5 stars essential for regular exposures, 18 Mar 2009
Peter Harris "sarchi" (kent uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon BP-511A Battery Pack (Electronics)
well made and worth the outlay
has a used/unused program in the
5Dmkii

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the right battery!, 11 Aug 2012
This review is from: Canon BP-511A Battery Pack (Electronics)
Dear Amazon, I was desperate to video some items for my blog using my camcorder, and my only chance was to get a new battery as the old one had died. I went into your site, input the number of the battery, and was directed to the battery in this ad. It had a different number, but I figured that it was an upgraded model that would also work in my camcorder. I purchased it, and it arrived in a timely manner. I thought I was all set, but then I tried it in my camcorder, and IT DIDN'T FIT.

I didn't have time to get a replacement, so this resulted in my NOT being able to video some things that were extremely important to me.

When someone inputs the name/number of a specific item, it is not good business to have that request jump to an item that is useless. As you can tell, I am quite upset that I did not receive the item that I so badly needed due to this inadequacy of your ordering system. I returned the item, got a full refund, but lost the videos that would have added so much to my blog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good batteries, 8 Dec 2011
RR Waller "ISeneca" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Canon BP-511A Battery Pack (Electronics)
I have four of these for use in my EOS-50D and the Canon BG-E2N battery grip, an excellent piece of kit. It is always useful to have spare batteries but, they are so good and I am regular in charging habits, I have rarely been caught out. (Once in the Valley of the Kings.)

Rated at 1390 mAh and 7.4V, it's a Canon product and, as usual, highly dependable. (There are cheaper version but I did not think it was worth saving a few pounds for a less than reliable battery. No power, no shots.) Re-charging is simple and does not take long.

There is not a lot to say about a battery. It comes with a plastic protective front which prevents shorting in the bag, a really useful little device which makes it easy to pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine V Copy .. Genuine every time !, 29 July 2010
RozziD "Rose" (Lincoln, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Canon BP-511A Battery Pack (Electronics)
Well it wont be a long review but I can say all I need to in 1 sentence ... Genuine Canon batteries get my vote every time !!

Yes they are expensive for what they seem to be, a battery but having tried supposedly good, but non genuine cheaper batteries I will only ever use the real mcoy ! I run 2x Canon cameras, both with 2x of these in the grip and I have every confidence that i can shoot constantly, review the images, zoom in on the display, check the info on the display and also power a 100-400 IS lens without any concerns !

Buy copies at your peril !

2.0 out of 5 stars great service - poor product, 8 Jan 2010
A. N. Wharmby - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon BP-511A Battery Pack (Electronics)
service was fast and effecient but product did not live up to expectataion and has gone back for replacement - hopefully the new one willa rrive and work correctly.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›