5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun
Published 9 months ago by Ann Mac

2.0 out of 5 stars build quality is cheap...
This microscope probably cost about 2 to manurfacture, the light&mirror at the bottom is extremely flimsy and doesn't really hold in place properly. Either buy one of the cheaper ones which wil be the same build quality or invest a bit more and buy a better one.
Published 15 months ago by Mr. N. Horth

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Learning Resources GeoVision MicroPro 48-Piece Microscope Set (Toy)
This is a very good microscope for the money as an ex microscopist who was used to using a microscope that cost thousands, I was impressed with the optics of this microscope which I bought for my 6 year old granddaughter. We have had great fun with it I particularly like the top light so you can look at larger thick things such as blades of grass mosses etc. unfortunately this light seems to have a poor connection and needs jingling about sometimes to make it work. I now wish I had kept slides from my working days so that we had lots of really interesting things to look at.

5.0 out of 5 stars GRANDDAUGHTER DELIGHTED, 13 Sep 2012
Bought this for my granddaughter's 9th birthday. She is absolutely thrilled with it and started using it immediately. Bought an Usborne book for microscope to go with it. A brilliant present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microscope purchase, 14 April 2012
Excellent Microscope set. Ideal for teenagers too to learn and experiment! Good packaging and prompt delivery. I'm hoping we can purchase more sample slides too once the current starter set of slides are used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 28 Feb 2013
This is really good value for the money and my daughter loves it. Seems easy enough to use, and the kit that comes with it is great, allowing for beginner exploration to spark the imagination and a desire for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ZORT00/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0, 27 Oct 2013
Bought this for my Grandson's 5th birthday because he was showing interest in small things, including insects.
He loves it and uses it on his own when Dad is not available to guide him. I think this is a present which will last and far better than the cheap toys which usually surround our little ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 +++++, 12 Nov 2012
Dr. S. Salim - See all my reviews
5 start is infact underestimation of this product this should be 5+ or more. Infact the best gift I have gaven to my twin children ( 7 years old) so far. Very easy to use, , lens quality brilliant , recalled my college time, delivery was in time overall I recommend this product to every one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 26 Sep 2013
I bought this microscope for one of my uni projects, as an art student I was hoping to get some interesting imagery through the lens as visual research, and that's exactly what I got. I'm no expert on microscope quality/pricing but I feel that this item is brilliant value for money. It is easy to use even for a beginner, just pop 2xAA batteries underneath (screwdriver required) to use the built in LED light to illuminate your slides, or if you're in bright enough light flip the LED over to use the mirror. Easy to focus - just choose your power setting (low/med/high but low power seems to be enough...) and turn to focus. 3 prepared slides are included - they're brilliant! There's also everything you could need.. blank slides, tweesers, petri dishes,vials etc. the only problem I have with this product is that I can't think of what to put under it next.. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars best starter microscope, 9 Jun 2013
I bought this for my 10 year old grandson and he loves it. He has been making his own slides and trying to think what he can put on them.so glad I bought it;_

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 23 April 2013
A reasonably robust microscope which I bought for my 9 year for her birthday. Comes with three slides to whet the appetite and then a list of experiments for your aspiring microbiologist which when my daughter comes back to it, will be really useful. Whilst she has yet to get going on it past the initial excitement - as grown ups, we are having a ball - straight back to school and just being really thrilled with experiments- almost forgot who was the kid!

2.0 out of 5 stars build quality is cheap..., 27 May 2013