5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime
When an album is made of songs that sound as though personal experiences and thoughts have been an influence it's always a bonus. The more you listen to the lyrics, the more you connect with the songs and this makes it all the more enjoyable.
I say all this because with "Our Endless Numbered Days" that's exactly what you get. The songs are simply, yet beautifully...
Published on 21 April 2005 by D. Gore

3.0 out of 5 stars Chill
Not sure if all the tracks are a hit but for the most part this is pretty cool.

Would recommend.
Published on 29 April 2013 by MSD

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars suprising, 3 May 2004
G (edinburgh uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Our Endless Numbered Days (Audio CD)
If i read a review that spoke of an album that was mostly just vocals and acoustic guitar i dont think i would get that excited, but in the press and on certain radio stations 'iron and wine's latest offering has had so much praise i couldnt ignore it any longer.
Often compared to will oldham or palace music, iron and wine is almost a one man band - sam beam, unlike will oldham he has a clearer, stonger voice but just as fragile.
This is an acoustic album that some would call country, im not sure if its country or not, its just beautiful, haunting and most of all - real. Theres songs about kids,lovers,death,loss, all sung in a way that makes you belive and relate to every word.
The only addition to the voice and guitar is the occasional banjo and frequent female harmony.
An album that is as stripped down as this can only hold the listeners attention if the songs are strong, these songs would gain nothing with an overproduced band in the background, and i feel they are important and strong enough to be carried one guy and his guitar.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good in parts, 1 Jun. 2009
Mr. Richard Compton (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Our Endless Numbered Days (Audio CD)
I bought this album after hearing the song 'Naked as we came' in the film 'And then she found me.'

The song was great but for me the rest of the album did not live up to its promise.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Our Endless Numbered Days
Our Endless Numbered Days by Iron & Wine (Audio CD - 2009)