Format: DVD|Change

on 17 September 2015
Gotta be one of my fave movies...ran the gamut of emotions n empathy, not a BIG film insofar as special effects but great human stories that makes you want to laugh, cry, cringe and all that jazz along with the characters. As I said, love this movie n so do a lot of my friends n not just the chicks. You really want to see it...just talked myself into watching it again!
on 7 May 2015
They are speaking a foreign language that I could not understand - and there is NO SUBTITLES. I threw it in the bin but later retreived it, Perhaps if I wear earphones and turn the sound up enough I shall be able to make out what they are on about. As far as I could make out it is about a woman who gets pregnant by a waster who she should have dumped at first sight.
on 7 January 2015
Big fan of HBC but this film was a touch too predictable and formulaic for me. Perfectly watchable though just not great. No real use was made of the "neighbour" characters, they just seemed to be there to pad out the cast. I enjoyed the ending however, a nice feelgood moment. Not sure why they chose this title for the film?
on 14 August 2013
I purchased this DVD to see the scenes shot on the beaches of the East Coast of Scotland and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the cast. Helen Bonham carter plays her part wonderfully well (despite the dodgy Scottish accent) and I found myself getting drawn into the storyline. A good chick flick for a rainy day.
on 17 January 2014
This is never going to be seen before the 11 pm watershed since it is too racy. For some reason it came quite a bit later than a dvd ordered at the same time so it must be extracted from from dark vault where they keep the more salicious films.
on 4 November 2013
This is probably my favourite Helena Bonham Carter film and I have seen all of them! It's funny, feel-good & just so much better than I was ever expecting it to be! Definitely recommend it!
on 6 March 2010
I originally bought this film as the storyline sounded good and also as it was filmed partly in Edinburgh so it was interesting to see what areas they had filmed.

The was the first feature film that was produced by the director that created Tantrums and Tiaras, David Furnish and shows a promising career in film.

This was very funny in places and had a number of great actors and actress including Gina McKee, Helena Bohnam Caater and Richard Wilson.

Definately recommended.
on 9 December 2013
Loved this film, never heard of it until the day I bought it. Only bought as I love these two ladies

Good british film

Quick delivery
on 6 July 2013
easily watchable and enjoyable film as long as you don't mind the language! It arrived quickly and well packaged -- what the money: great value.
on 14 January 2011
I bought this DVD because I love the book by Isla Dewar and the film was just as enjoyable. Helena Bonham Carter, was I think, trying to speak with a Scottish accent but it changed from scene to scene and at the beginning I thought she was Irish! That aside, the rest of the cast did a great job and you really do get engrossed with the characters. The film is set in Edinburgh so great scenery and views of the castle, High Street etc. An enjoyable, lighthearted film.